Is the forum a little disorganised?

robtheglostaram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03

Is the forum a little disorganised?

Post by robtheglostaram on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 8:28 pm

I know a few other forums seem to have quite rigid organisation regards to thread topics. For example, a thread on a player may be started and then all information that people want to post concerning said player can go into an easily identifiable thread such as 'Steve Davies'.

I'm not saying that this is right for this forum, but just wondered what people thought? I think some threads can be a little cryptic at times.

Re: Is the forum a little disorganised?

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 8:44 pm

robtheglostaram wrote:I know a few other forums seem to have quite rigid organisation regards to thread topics. For example, a thread on a player may be started and then all information that people want to post concerning said player can go into an easily identifiable thread such as 'Steve Davies'.

I'm not saying that this is right for this forum, but just wondered what people thought? I think some threads can be a little cryptic at times.

Oh Robbie, Oh Robbie, the point of A forum is for people to air the views, and yes every post will move the forum on to another statement which will swing the oringal post round to what it was started for swings and roundabouts our Robbie
    robtheglostaram

Post by robtheglostaram on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 8:52 pm

Ashleys stained pants wrote:
    robtheglostaram wrote:I know a few other forums seem to have quite rigid organisation regards to thread topics. For example, a thread on a player may be started and then all information that people want to post concerning said player can go into an easily identifiable thread such as 'Steve Davies'.

Oh Robbie, Oh Robbie, the point of A forum is for people to air the views, and yes every post will move the forum on to another statement which will swing the oringal post round to what it was started for swings and roundabouts our Robbie

I was not refering so much to the context of the posts just perhaps that all related posts about, for example a player or manager, be contained within an appropriate thread title such as their name?

That would leave plenty of space for irreverance, but if we wanted to check earlier posts about Ben Davies we could find much of it in one thread.
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16148
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 9:00 pm

It would help if thread titles said what they were about and if we could avoid multiple threads on the same subjects.

Most threads go off topic sooner or later - if you think you can change that, good luck! ;)

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 9:03 pm

The problem is Rob A lot of people do not(like me) take the time to read the whole topic and when something is mentioned in another thread they automatically voice their opinions on that thread if something is mentioned that catch their attention.
    Barnstaple Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10255
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by Barnstaple Ram on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 9:05 pm

Wouldn't the thread pages look cluttered if we had a seperate box for each player plus staff general etc

I agree with RRC that sometimes the title of the thread can be misleading (I have been guilty of that as well)

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 9:05 pm

RRC wrote:

It would help if thread titles said what they were about and if we could avoid multiple threads on the same subjects.

Most threads go off topic sooner or later - if you think you can change that, good luck! ;)
    Roundabout way RRC my point Thumbs up
    Boris

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by Boris on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 9:17 pm

I used to be criticised for trying to get posters to post in the right sections....seems common sense to me Thumbs up
    Li 150
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by Li 150 on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 9:42 pm

Rob, if you want to take the job on you are more than welcome ;)

I mean organising threads, I'm not being sensitive feminine sided or owt like that, I wish more people would want to get more involved

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 9:47 pm

Li 150 wrote:Rob, if you want to take the job on you are more than welcome ;)

I mean organising threads, I'm not being sensitive feminine sided or owt like that, I wish more people would want to get more involved
    Feck me Li 🙇 I post 23 times a day what more do you want, apart from this ne ne ne ne ne
    Li 150
    Admin

Post by Li 150 on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 9:49 pm

Well some of us post 24 times a day, you just after sympathy again

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 9:54 pm

Li 150 wrote:Well some of us post 24 times a day, you just after sympathy again
    Yer well if you put like that, me mam supports Boston United
    rjrules71

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4404
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

Post by rjrules71 on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 9:59 pm

I agree with Rob, time for a spruce up???

That DJ picture has got cobwebs on it, and the nail is loose. Might as well move NER's chair too if he aint coming back.

A bit of paint here and there wouldnt go amiss either.

I would love to help but I am far to busy dusting my videos of the last time we won anything. :whis:

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 10:14 pm

rjrules71 wrote:I agree with Rob, time for a spruce up???

That DJ picture has got cobwebs on it, and the nail is loose. Might as well move NER's chair too if he aint coming back.

A bit of paint here and there wouldnt go amiss either.

I would love to help but I am far to busy dusting my videos of the last time we won anything. :whis:

Doin' my bit rj I'm A breath(bad) of fresh air
    Li 150
    Admin

Post by Li 150 on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 10:16 pm

gotta agree, the site needs to move on, it's all gone a bit stale, maybe we've been out face booked.
    Anyone got any radical ideas??

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 10:25 pm

Li 150 wrote:gotta agree, the site needs to move on, it's all gone a bit stale, maybe we've been out face booked.
    Anyone got any radical ideas??
    I'm on board Li just pm you
    Mucker1884

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22

Post by Mucker1884 on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:27 pm

Ashleys stained pants wrote:The problem is Rob A lot of people do not(like me)....

You really just walk straight into it sometimes, Ashers, don't yer? :roflmao:

On topic....

I think Robs suggestion is a little too clinical, tbh. Although I'm all for using the right forum. Cricket and crown green bowls in other sports. Favourite jazz mags in the music department. Mucker in waffles and bollox, that sort of thing, but all in all, this place ain't so bad. Yes it's gone a bit stale just lately, but we do have live's to lead outside of Webwide City.

At least it ain't full of dick 'eads, like elsewhere.

There's always, but always room for improvement, but I don't think we need to panic just yet...... I'm sure we'll all survive if we stick together!!

TBH, I reckon we're due a visit from one of our emigrees..... good excuse for a meet up/piss up and a bit of a jape..... anyone due over anytime soon?

:fb11:

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:46 pm

Mucker1884 wrote:
    Ashleys stained pants wrote:The problem is Rob A lot of people do not(like me)....

On topic....

I think Robs suggestion is a little too clinical, tbh. Although I'm all for using the right forum. Cricket and crown green bowls in other sports. Favourite jazz mags in the music department. Mucker in waffles and bollox, that sort of thing, but all in all, this place ain't so bad. Yes it's gone a bit stale just lately, but we do have live's to lead outside of Webwide City.

There's always, but always room for improvement, but I don't think we need to panic just yet...... I'm sure we'll all survive if we stick together!!

TBH, I reckon we're due a visit from one of our emigrees..... good excuse for a meet up/piss up and a bit of a jape..... anyone due over anytime soon?

FFS Mucker yer messin' with me posts, :lol!:
    Li 150
    Admin

Post by Li 150 on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:54 pm

Mucker1884 wrote:

You really just walk straight into it sometimes, Ashers, don't yer?

On topic....

Well I'd be over but those friggin Greeks & Bankers have done me Euros in

CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6382
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by CornwallRam on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:36 am

I hate with a passion forums that merge strictly threads. I just results in threads going into hundreds of pages and the most interesting new stuff getting hidden.

I think COYR works brilliantly. We don't have many (if any) 'spam posters'. On occaision the same story gets posted twice by accident, but the later poster invariably appologises and their thread soon drops of the front page. Even where the two threads both attract early interest the mods quickly merge them. Where's the problem?

I like the way the posters on here are able to start threads that offer a new view on an old topic. We don't suffer from thread overload so why worry?

Leave things alone.
    Igor-is-god

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Igor-is-god on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:44 am

Mucker1884 wrote:

On topic....

I agree with this...

Post by Guest on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:56 am

I don't really think you can do that with threads, after all, you wouldnt do it with real conversations. It is natural for threads to go a bit off-topic and although this can be a bit confusing, I would much rather that than we had a forum where every post has to be put under exactly the right section.

AlvoRAM

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 95
    First ever game : Barnsley 95
    Number of posts : 6285
    Registration date : 2010-03-24

Post by AlvoRAM on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 11:19 am

I think RRC has the right idea, we have a tendency to try and make our thread titles unusual and funny, rather than descriptive, on this site. Making the titles clearer would make things a lot easier for future reference.
    Li 150
    Admin

Post by Li 150 on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 11:35 am

but it wouldn't be such fun

Why don't people chill?????

The world's economic system is about to collapse & we worry about:
    The rams are winning, when will they lose
    The thread title isn't descriptive enough

robtheglostaram

Post by robtheglostaram on Sat 01 Oct 2011, 11:39 am

I was merely raising the question, not so much suggesting we change things completely.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Jul 2018, 8:46 am