Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13750
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: Meat eaters...................

Post by MadAmster on Sun 10 Feb 2013, 9:10 pm

chicken wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:
    chicken wrote:

Confused Confused Confused which vegetarian is trying to convert you on here???

Nobody Chick......... but I didn't say they were. Merely ranting about Vegs in general.

Bit of a generalisation there Ammy. I actually couldn't care less what any of you eat, horse or whatever

I suppose it was the "ranting about Vegs in general" bit that gave it away :lol!:
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15800
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 3:05 pm

It's a wonder that any supermarket food is what is supposed to be.

The food industry's way of doing business seems to be a sort of Chinese Whispers with meat.
    At least 7 different food companies in seven countries and 6 different freight companies were involved - unlucky thirteen indeed.

1. The horse carcases came from two Romanian abattoirs

2. A Dutch food trader bought the carcases

3. It (meat or carcases, labelled horse or beef?) was supplied to a Cypriot trader

4. It was bought by a French company Poujol

5. It was sent to a Luxemburg factory owned by another French company Comigel

6. It was sold to the French subsidiary of a Swedish-owned company Findus

7. It was transported by God-knows-who to supermarkets in Britain, France and Ireland

Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11195
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 3:14 pm

I'd eat most things, but in it's important that we are aware which animal we are eating to allow everyone to make a fair choice.

The supermarkets are continually driving down prices to increase their profits that something like this was always likely to happen sooner or later, but as far as I'm concerned, if horse burgers are half the price of beef burgers then personally I'll take the horse burgers, just be honest about it.

Incidentally if dog burgaers are half the price of horse burgers I'd give them a try as well, oh and if cat burgers were the cheapest of all I'd buy a pack a week and throw them away just to get rid of a few cats ;)
    Charingworth Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : Liverpool home won 2-0 1974
    Number of posts : 9224
    Registration date : 2009-02-22

Post by Charingworth Ram on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 3:17 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:I'd eat most things, but in it's important that we are aware which animal we are eating to allow everyone to make a fair choice.

The supermarkets are continually driving down prices to increase their profits that something like this was always likely to happen sooner or later, but as far as I'm concerned, if horse burgers are half the price of beef burgers then personally I'll take the horse burgers, just be honest about it.

Incidentally if dog burgaers are half the price of horse burgers I'd give them a try as well, oh and if cat burgers were the cheapest of all I'd buy a pack a week and throw them away just to get rid of a few cats ;)

So in a nutshell what Loughie is really trying to say is " Im a fat bastard and food is food" :whis:
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 3:17 pm

yup Thumbs up
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15800
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 3:28 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:I'd eat most things, but in it's important that we are aware which animal we are eating to allow everyone to make a fair choice.

It's not the species that's the problem - for example, although we don't eat horse meat, it's eaten in many countries, along with a wide variety of other creatures - even rats.

Horses in this country are often treated with antibiotics and later exported for food, which must make the people who eat this meat immune when those same antibiotics are used to treat human diseases. Even worse, American farmers (and others) routinely use antibiotics intended for human use on a large scale in all farm animals to ensure maximum growth, a practice which is stupid and greedy.

Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 3:44 pm

I can see that this is a problem but in truth what do we actually know about anything that we eat, be it meat or other things. Unless we produce it ourselves we put our fate in the hands of others everytime we eat something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Oct 2017, 4:52 am