27000 again today! 12th men needed

HisLordship

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2011-02-02

27000 again today! 12th men needed

Post by HisLordship on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 7:38 am

Another fabulous response by our glorious fans today backing Schteeve and, the boys to the hilt. The decision to change manager has been wholly vindicated and PPS will be rocking today boosted by the stupendously serene Stefano. Let's recreate that magic atmosphere from those initial halcyon days at PPS that Stefano will remember to his dying day.

Roar 'till you're raw, the Premiership is in sight, let's be the 12th man!!
    purpleram

Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Re: 27000 again today! 12th men needed

Post by purpleram on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 8:03 am

I think it's a bit early to vindicate any decision on the new or old manager just yet, but the return of the crowds show the 'start' of a feel good factor is returning. Still fragile though.

Attendance boosted by a fair few Wendies though?
    HisLordship

Post by HisLordship on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 8:15 am

purpleram wrote:I think it's a bit early to vindicate any decision on the new or old manager just yet, but the return of the crowds show the 'start' of a feel good factor is returning. Still fragile though.

Spoken like a true Red Dog. Who have your lot got today?
    purpleram

Post by purpleram on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 8:35 am

HisLordship wrote:
    purpleram wrote:I think it's a bit early to vindicate any decision on the new or old manager just yet, but the return of the crowds show the 'start' of a feel good factor is returning. Still fragile though.

:wtf:  :stomp:

chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14694
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 8:59 am

HisLordship wrote:

🇳🇴 :nuts: 
    Mucker1884

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22

Post by Mucker1884 on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 9:01 am

HisLordship wrote:

Agree with every word, Purple. Nothing has been vindicated as yet, although I fully agreed that "something" had to happen, so I shed no tears when Nigel went.
    The attendance figures are promising, but I have to say I was highly disappointed with the atmosphere at the last home game, and commented so on here, at the time.

Yes, we have hope. And yes, this could well be the beginning of "a new era", but it's far too early to tell as yet.

For what it's worth, HL, I think your OP was a little OTT, but hey, you are entitled to your opinion, and I admire your enthusiasm and optimism.

Your response to Purple though, was by far the most childish, asinine, witless and pathetic response to which I have witnessed in my 4+ years on here....... and no, you shouldn't be entitled to post such shite..... imo!! leecamp 
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4908
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 9:49 am

Mucker1884 wrote:
    HisLordship wrote:

Agree with every word, Purple.  Nothing has been vindicated as yet, although I fully agreed that "something" had to happen, so I shed no tears when Nigel went.
    The attendance figures are promising, but I have to say I was highly disappointed with the atmosphere at the last home game, and commented so on here, at the time.

Yes, we have hope.  And yes, this could well be the beginning of "a new era", but it's far too early to tell as yet.

For what it's worth, HL, I think your OP was a little OTT, but hey, you are entitled to your opinion, and I admire your enthusiasm and optimism.

Your response to Purple though, was by far the most childish, asinine, witless and pathetic response to which I have witnessed in my 4+ years on here....... and no, you shouldn't be entitled to post such shite..... imo!!  leecamp 
    Well said Mucker, saved me from posting a similar repost.
    robtheglostaram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03

Post by robtheglostaram on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 9:56 am

It is lovely to see the buzz back at Pride Park, whether or not we will be flirting with the play-offs come April though is totally unpredictable.

Tilly

Number of posts : 1552
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by Tilly on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 9:58 am

Mucker1884 wrote:
    HisLordship wrote:

Agree with every word, Purple.  Nothing has been vindicated as yet, although I fully agreed that "something" had to happen, so I shed no tears when Nigel went.

Yes, we have hope.  And yes, this could well be the beginning of "a new era", but it's far too early to tell as yet.

Your response to Purple though, was by far the most childish, asinine, witless and pathetic response to which I have witnessed in my 4+ years on here....... and no, you shouldn't be entitled to post such shite..... imo!!  leecamp 
    I thought it was a pretty normal atmosphere at the last home game to be honest.
    Boris

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by Boris on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 9:59 am

HisLordship wrote:
    Another fabulous response by our glorious fans today backing Schteeve and, the boys to the hilt. The decision to change manager has been wholly vindicated and PPS will be rocking today boosted by the stupendously serene Stefano. Let's recreate that magic atmosphere from those initial halcyon days at PPS that Stefano will remember to his dying day.

HL...I don't think we need your rallying call before every home game Thumbs up 

Really looking forward to the game, although I am a little bit concerned that we are playing them just at the wrong time. Also concerned about their height and threat from set pieces so we must not give silly free kicks and corners away today. Will be good to see Wisdom in a Derby shirt, hopefully he will live up to all the plaudits!! Also hope that the actual match is the highlight of the day rather than the pub and chat before the game Thumbs up 
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5734
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 10:05 am

Mucker1884

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22

Post by Mucker1884 on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 10:06 am

You say that like it's a good thing, Tilly!! :lol!: 

I know you aren't far away from me, Tilly, but right in the corner, over your left shoulder, where we are, I felt my passion (even in its own subdued state!) was looked down upon, somewhat. A bit like when I stood and joined in the "Steve Bloomers watching" when I did one of those VIP things a few years ago, up in the Gods... in me suit! Talk about feeling like a leper!!

Anyway, I'll carry on regardless.... hopefully someone near me might join in.... eventually! :roll: 
    Boris

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by Boris on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 10:07 am

Stockport Ram wrote:
    Are you saying HL is Delia Smith :whis: 
    purpleram

Post by purpleram on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 10:56 am

I thought Delia was from Norwich not Nottin.....oh I see what you mean :whis: 
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6413
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by CornwallRam on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 12:08 pm

I reckon today is a very big game.

It's the last home game for a bloody month! The Christmas trees will be up by the next trip to Pride Park Stadium.

A win and we'll be on the edge of the playoffs. The feelgood factor will be there by the bucket load and everyone will think that 'something' has really happened. The lunch-time game against Blackpool will (if the away games go OK) see another jump in numbers. The DCFC bandwagon will really be on the roll.

However, a defeat and we could drop down to 15th. We'll all start nervously glancing towards the bottom of the table. The recently returned fans will decide that they were right not to bother after all and the Blackpool game will see a crowd of less than 22k. It will all feel like 'nothing' has actually happened.

IMO, this game against an eminently beatable Sheffield Wednesday will define our season.

edit...forgot about the 'boro game on the 4th, but my point still stands

Last edited by CornwallRam on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Li 150
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521

Post by Li 150 on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 12:16 pm

so, not that important then? :whis:

MadAmster

Number of posts : 14813

Post by MadAmster on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 12:16 pm

Wendy should not be underestimated. Their win last week was their first of the season and it pulled them above the drop zone...... just. However, they have lost just 4 games this season. That is one less than us. 8 draws to their credit too.

Their 2 new loanee strikers are the very kind of danger to which we usually succumb. I am expecting a 2-2 draw.
    Li 150
    Admin

Post by Li 150 on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 12:19 pm

tut tut Amster one..........I am surprised that you have not picked the poster up on his bad use of grammar in the title of the thread 🇳🇴

MadAmster

Number of posts : 14813

Post by MadAmster on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 12:44 pm

Its me day of Lee, av an art me owd.

Still perturbed by an incident at school yesterday, actually, so I'm not doing me pedant's act today. This kid who has been misbehaving very badly for 3 or 4 weeks now, in several subjects, topped it all yesterday. He has a 15:30 meeting on Monday with his parents, mentor and the Head of the Lower School to discuss his bad behaviour and to put plans in place to make sure he toes the line again. He'd done so much wrong in the opening 10 minutes I started to make a note of all his transgressions in order to add those to his long list of misdemeanours. About 15 minutes before the end of the lesson, he was told, by a classmate, what I was doing. He stood up and called me "a f*cking Nazi". I sent him out of the class, mailed the gaffer his latest set of failings and he will get hit very, very hard on Monday in that meeting. His mentor is planning to ask the Head to

1. ban him from English for the next 3 lessons.
    2. His mentor will provide him with a shedload of work that he MUST complete during the lesson time.
    3. He gets detention at the end of each day he should have English and in that hour he has to complete all the work we did in the lesson
    4. He doesn't get back into English before he has made a full and sincere apology
    5. He gets put on a contract with regard to his behaviour. First transgression is a day's internal suspension. He is at school, doing the work but not in the lesson, he will be in the sin bin. A 2nd transgression is 2 days' suspension etc. By a 5th he has to look for a new school.

Personally, looking at the problems he has caused in my lessons in the past 4 weeks, I don't want him back in the class. Apology or not! I'm not convinced I could be objective about him any more.
    Bedlam

First ever game : V Spurs away 1972 won 0-1 Gladys scored If I remember correctly
    Number of posts : 7332
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by Bedlam on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 12:45 pm

HisLordship wrote:

who's paying for this?
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23405

Post by New England Ram on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 12:45 pm

Think Purple was bang on with his observation..its alright having the bums on seats...but you have to keep them there and then provide the kind of football that gets those bums off the seats and on their feet.
    A long way to go imo and we are far from guaranteed we will get there..even if Steve turns out to be the best manager in the division...we still have the same owners.

Li 150
    Admin

Post by Li 150 on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 12:51 pm

Bedlam wrote:
    HisLordship wrote:

who's paying for this?
    We all are

HisLordship

Post by HisLordship on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 1:42 pm

Boris wrote:
    HisLordship wrote:

HL...I don't think we need your rallying call before every home game Thumbs up 

Really looking forward to the game, although I am a little bit concerned that we are playing them just at the wrong time. Also concerned about their height and threat from set pieces so we must not give silly free kicks and corners away today. Will be good to see Wisdom in a Derby shirt, hopefully he will live up to all the plaudits!! Also hope that the actual match is the highlight of the day rather than the pub and chat before the game Thumbs up 
    Some of the negativity on here is throughly depressing and this is why I have tried to fire up some passion in our ranks ahead of a crucial game. I get the sense that many on here are still mourning Nigel and hope Schteeve will slip up. The huge increase in attendances seems to be an irritation for some rather than a cause for celebration. All very sad but, it won't stop me looking on the bright side of life.
    HisLordship

Post by HisLordship on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 1:47 pm

MadAmster wrote:Its me day of Lee, av an art me owd.

Still perturbed by an incident at school yesterday, actually, so I'm not doing me pedant's act today. This kid who has been misbehaving very badly for 3 or 4 weeks now, in several subjects, topped it all yesterday. He has a 15:30 meeting on Monday with his parents, mentor and the Head of the Lower School to discuss his bad behaviour and to put plans in place to make sure he toes the line again. He'd done so much wrong in the opening 10 minutes I started to make a note of all his transgressions in order to add those to his long list of misdemeanours. About 15 minutes before the end of the lesson, he was told, by a classmate, what I was doing. He stood up and called me "a f*cking Nazi". I sent him out of the class, mailed the gaffer his latest set of failings and he will get hit very, very hard on Monday in that meeting. His mentor is planning to ask the Head to

1. ban him from English for the next 3 lessons.
    2. His mentor will provide him with a shedload of work that he MUST complete during the lesson time.
    3. He gets detention at the end of each day he should have English and in that hour he has to complete all the work we did in the lesson
    4. He doesn't get back into English before he has made a full and sincere apology
    5. He gets put on a contract with regard to his behaviour. First transgression is a day's internal suspension. He is at school, doing the work but not in the lesson, he will be in the sin bin. A 2nd transgression is 2 days' suspension etc. By a 5th he has to look for a new school.

Personally, looking at the problems he has caused in my lessons in the past 4 weeks, I don't want him back in the class. Apology or not! I'm not convinced I could be objective about him any more.
    Let's hope his Family don't read this Forum and your highly unprofessional disclosure of a work related issue relating to a child. If nothing else, you will be in breach of your own employment contract. Yet another damming indictment of some sections of the teaching "profession".
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23405

Post by New England Ram on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 1:54 pm

I haven't seen any negativity on here at all...we know as Derby fans not to get carried away.
    We are in a marathon not a sprint.....it's not up to us to get excited its up to the club to give us something to get excited about on a regular basis...four games in is way too early to say there is any long term improvement ...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 19 Sep 2018, 1:02 am