cmccram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : Derby 0 Sunderland 1 about 96
    Number of posts : 407
    Registration date : 2011-03-06

Re: 27000 again today! 12th men needed

Post by cmccram on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 1:56 pm

HisLordship wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:Its me day of Lee, av an art me owd.

Still perturbed by an incident at school yesterday, actually, so I'm not doing me pedant's act today. This kid who has been misbehaving very badly for 3 or 4 weeks now, in several subjects, topped it all yesterday. He has a 15:30 meeting on Monday with his parents, mentor and the Head of the Lower School to discuss his bad behaviour and to put plans in place to make sure he toes the line again. He'd done so much wrong in the opening 10 minutes I started to make a note of all his transgressions in order to add those to his long list of misdemeanours. About 15 minutes before the end of the lesson, he was told, by a classmate, what I was doing. He stood up and called me "a f*cking Nazi". I sent him out of the class, mailed the gaffer his latest set of failings and he will get hit very, very hard on Monday in that meeting. His mentor is planning to ask the Head to

1. ban him from English for the next 3 lessons.
    2. His mentor will provide him with a shedload of work that he MUST complete during the lesson time.
    3. He gets detention at the end of each day he should have English and in that hour he has to complete all the work we did in the lesson
    4. He doesn't get back into English before he has made a full and sincere apology
    5. He gets put on a contract with regard to his behaviour. First transgression is a day's internal suspension. He is at school, doing the work but not in the lesson, he will be in the sin bin. A 2nd transgression is 2 days' suspension etc. By a 5th he has to look for a new school.

Personally, looking at the problems he has caused in my lessons in the past 4 weeks, I don't want him back in the class. Apology or not! I'm not convinced I could be objective about him any more.
    Let's hope his Family don't read this Forum and your highly unprofessional disclosure of a work related issue relating to a child. If nothing else, you will be in breach of your own employment contract. Yet another damming indictment of some sections of the teaching "profession".
    T'would only be unprofessional if Mad had put names to his story. Leave the teacher debate alone it has been done to death and is quite frankly a bore.
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23024
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 2:00 pm

cmccram wrote:
    HisLordship wrote:

Still perturbed by an incident at school yesterday, actually, so I'm not doing me pedant's act today. This kid who has been misbehaving very badly for 3 or 4 weeks now, in several subjects, topped it all yesterday. He has a 15:30 meeting on Monday with his parents, mentor and the Head of the Lower School to discuss his bad behaviour and to put plans in place to make sure he toes the line again. He'd done so much wrong in the opening 10 minutes I started to make a note of all his transgressions in order to add those to his long list of misdemeanours. About 15 minutes before the end of the lesson, he was told, by a classmate, what I was doing. He stood up and called me "a f*cking Nazi". I sent him out of the class, mailed the gaffer his latest set of failings and he will get hit very, very hard on Monday in that meeting. His mentor is planning to ask the Head to

2. His mentor will provide him with a shedload of work that he MUST complete during the lesson time.
    3. He gets detention at the end of each day he should have English and in that hour he has to complete all the work we did in the lesson
    4. He doesn't get back into English before he has made a full and sincere apology
    5. He gets put on a contract with regard to his behaviour. First transgression is a day's internal suspension. He is at school, doing the work but not in the lesson, he will be in the sin bin. A 2nd transgression is 2 days' suspension etc. By a 5th he has to look for a new school.

Personally, looking at the problems he has caused in my lessons in the past 4 weeks, I don't want him back in the class. Apology or not! I'm not convinced I could be objective about him any more.
    Let's hope his Family don't read this Forum and your highly unprofessional disclosure of a work related issue relating to a child. If nothing else, you will be in breach of your own employment contract. Yet another damming indictment of some sections of the teaching "profession".
    T'would only be unprofessional if Mad had put names to his story. Leave the teacher debate alone it has been done to death and is quite frankly a bore.
    Clapping 

Well said cmc

Bedlam

First ever game : V Spurs away 1972 won 0-1 Gladys scored If I remember correctly
    Number of posts : 7332
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by Bedlam on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 2:44 pm

Li 150 wrote:
    Bedlam wrote:
    HisLordship wrote:
    Another fabulous response by our glorious fans today backing Schteeve and, the boys to the hilt. The decision to change manager has been wholly vindicated and PPS will be rocking today boosted by the stupendously serene Stefano. Let's recreate that magic atmosphere from those initial halcyon days at PPS that Stefano will remember to his dying day.

Roar 'till you're raw, the Premiership is in sight, let's be the 12th man!!  
    who's paying for this?
    We all are
    well I have never sent him any money.

Top Tip...
    PEOPLE IN lifts. If Bruce Willis gets in wearing a vest and no shoes, exit the lift at the earliest opportunity.
    Li 150
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by Li 150 on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 2:47 pm

you don't always pay with money Bedders

Tilly

Number of posts : 1552
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by Tilly on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 10:52 pm

Mucker1884 wrote:You say that like it's a good thing, Tilly!!  :lol!: 

I know you aren't far away from me, Tilly, but right in the corner, over your left shoulder, where we are, I felt my passion (even in its own subdued state!) was looked down upon, somewhat.  A bit like when I stood and joined in the "Steve Bloomers watching" when I did one of those VIP things a few years ago, up in the Gods... in me suit!  Talk about feeling like a leper!!

Anyway, I'll carry on regardless.... hopefully someone near me might join in.... eventually!  :roll: 
    I kind of have a sod them attitude and shout and sing whatever those around me think. Though to be fair no one's ever said anything.
    Mucker1884

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10233
    Registration date : 2009-07-22

Post by Mucker1884 on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 11:05 pm

Tilly wrote:
    Mucker1884 wrote:You say that like it's a good thing, Tilly!!  :lol!: 

I know you aren't far away from me, Tilly, but right in the corner, over your left shoulder, where we are, I felt my passion (even in its own subdued state!) was looked down upon, somewhat.  A bit like when I stood and joined in the "Steve Bloomers watching" when I did one of those VIP things a few years ago, up in the Gods... in me suit!  Talk about feeling like a leper!!

Anyway, I'll carry on regardless.... hopefully someone near me might join in.... eventually!  :roll: 
    I kind of have a sod them attitude and shout and sing whatever those around me think. Though to be fair no one's ever said anything.
    Good for you! Thumbs up 

No... nothing said, but at times, it's more "If looks could kill!

"Sod them" is a good attitude to have, in this instance, imo! :fb11: 

PS.....

Still far from perfect today, but on the whole, a better atmos than the last game. :-)
    mace

Number of posts : 5865
    Registration date : 2009-02-17

Post by mace on Sun 10 Nov 2013, 1:07 am

Do you know Mad i do have emphathy with you on the subject of discipline,where do you think it went wrong ?now in our day we got the cane,slipper fucking Percy paddle ,we didnt want that twice ,whilst i didnt tell my parents if i got cane etc,do you really think these modern methods of detention etc work? because imo i dont think they do,one school exhausts all methods and ship them off to next or so it seems,does the blame lay with the parents or the school?
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 13545
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Sun 10 Nov 2013, 10:14 am

IMO Mace, it's the "I" and "I want it NOW!" culture. Today's youth have been brought up to be completely individualistic. Respect, empathy, caring for others or their feelings is a sign of weakness. Kids know all of their rights and none of their responsibilities. It begins at home and teachers no longer have the tools at hand to make examples of kids. Examples that might deter others. Many don't WANT to learn and simply do all they can to make sure they, and the rest of the class DON'T learn.

Kids get moved on to other schools much quicker these days. Like you, I once made the error of telling Dad I'd been hit by a teacher. I did so as I was, and still am, convinced that he was wrong on that occasion. I expected Dad to stand up for me. How wrong I was. I got another from Dad as "teachers don't hit you for nowt". Days later I had a discussion with the same teacher over the incident. He agreed with me. Next time I went too far he said " you've already had the smack for this...., now we are even" It was the last time I pushed his buttons.

HL. Had I posted the name of the school and/or the name of the child I would agree 100% with you. However, I did not do so.

Oh David Nugent, Oh David Nugent, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston at the side of the road in a Volkswagen beetle............
    chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14507
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Sun 10 Nov 2013, 10:32 am

Kids don't get moved on to other schools as quickly as you think in my experience. There are lots of different strategies undertaken before it gets that far. There is also a distinct lack of parental support for schools as some parents will not allow their children to attend detentions and accept any form of punishment for their behaviour.
    Mucker1884

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10233
    Registration date : 2009-07-22

Post by Mucker1884 on Sun 10 Nov 2013, 10:54 am

For the most part, Mace, I'd say it's down to the parents...... although all these "new" approaches in school (by "new", I mean since "back in the day"! ;) ) have far from helped.

Even as far back as approx. 23 years ago, I got a call from the then deputy head, claiming one of mine had been involved in some serious skulduggery during the school day. As this same deputy head was the very man I myself was sent to see, whenever I overstepped the mark at that very same school, I told him to deal with it as he had done with me a generation earlier.

Obviously, he had to admit that sadly, he was no longer allowed. I had to "leave it with him", with the promise that I would deal with it in our preferred way, when laddo got home.

I think his official punishment was straightening a classroom full of misaligned chairs, or something as severe!! :no: 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 3:21 am