Robin Williams.

Mucker1884

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10292
    Registration date : 2009-07-22

Re: Robin Williams.

Post by Mucker1884 on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 4:08 pm

Finally! Thank you for the apology, Boris. More of a gent than I took you for.  :fb11: Thumbs up 

AlvoRAM

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 95
    First ever game : Barnsley 95
    Number of posts : 6285
    Registration date : 2010-03-24

Post by AlvoRAM on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 4:29 pm

:lol!: 
    Charingworth Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : Liverpool home won 2-0 1974
    Number of posts : 9224
    Registration date : 2009-02-22

Post by Charingworth Ram on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 4:56 pm

Boris wrote:
    Mucker1884 wrote:
    Boris wrote:

I won't go in to the complex issue of depression/mental health with you Mucker, don't think it would serve any purpose...

Why do you have to be so condescending all the time?  It's such a fuck-ugly trait!  
    And where did I mention depression/mental health?  That has no bearing on what I was discussing!

Boris wrote:

... if you think suicide is a cowardly thing that's your right.....

Where on Earth did I say that?  I said that that one  particular person was cowardly, imo.  Mainly because he admitted he was, to my face  (or rather, that he was about to be).  I specifically said that generally speaking, I DID NOT AGREE THAT SUICIDE WAS A COWARDLY ACT!!.  

Jesus fuckin' H, Boris... when will you start reading other folks' posts??  🇳🇴

Mucker, go do one...we never agree on anything and your constant digs, personal abuse/vendetta, some totally over the top and uncalled for which should have been dealt with by the Moderators some time ago are just pathetic to be honest. I am no longer going to respond to any of your posts, perhaps it would be good for the forum if you did likewise with mine....

Boris Mucker is a lovely chap !!
    Boris

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by Boris on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 5:01 pm

Charingworth Ram wrote:
    Boris wrote:
    Mucker1884 wrote:
    Boris wrote:

I won't go in to the complex issue of depression/mental health with you Mucker, don't think it would serve any purpose...

Why do you have to be so condescending all the time?  It's such a fuck-ugly trait!  
    And where did I mention depression/mental health?  That has no bearing on what I was discussing!

Boris wrote:

Where on Earth did I say that?  I said that that one  particular person was cowardly, imo.  Mainly because he admitted he was, to my face  (or rather, that he was about to be).  I specifically said that generally speaking, I DID NOT AGREE THAT SUICIDE WAS A COWARDLY ACT!!.  

Mucker, go do one...we never agree on anything and your constant digs, personal abuse/vendetta, some totally over the top and uncalled for which should have been dealt with by the Moderators some time ago are just pathetic to be honest. I am no longer going to respond to any of your posts, perhaps it would be good for the forum if you did likewise with mine....

Sure he is CR...just not my cuppa cha  Thumbs up 
    Charingworth Ram

Post by Charingworth Ram on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 5:05 pm

Boris wrote:
    Charingworth Ram wrote:
    Boris wrote:
    Mucker1884 wrote:
    Boris wrote:

Boris wrote:

That's a shame, I really hope I'm your cuppa tea ?
    Boris

Post by Boris on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 5:17 pm

Charingworth Ram wrote:
    Boris wrote:
    Charingworth Ram wrote:
    Boris wrote:
    Mucker1884 wrote:
    Boris wrote:

Boris wrote:

That's a shame, I really hope I'm your cuppa tea ?

You are CR...your positivity always gives me a lift when I log in in the morning  :roflmao: 

chicken
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14702
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 5:49 pm

I don't get all this fuss over an actor who has taken his own life when a 22 year old university student, trainee doctor, from Belper gets stabbed to death and nobody seems to give a shit.

RIP Neil Dalton.
    Charingworth Ram

Post by Charingworth Ram on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 8:55 pm

chicken wrote:I don't get all this fuss over an actor who has taken his own life when a 22 year old university student, trainee doctor, from Belper gets stabbed to death and nobody seems to give a shit.

RIP Neil Dalton.

🙇 🙇 🙇 

AlvoRAM

Post by AlvoRAM on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 9:24 pm

chicken wrote:I don't get all this fuss over an actor who has taken his own life when a 22 year old university student, trainee doctor, from Belper gets stabbed to death and nobody seems to give a shit.

RIP Neil Dalton.

I don't remember seeing Neil in any movies???

OK that was a little cold, but now its got your attention I'll explain. IMO the reason people show signs of grieving when a popular celebrity dies is that they have already become emotionally attached to that person before they've passed, on a sub concious level. Because the subject has been entertained by the celebrity in the past, that celebrity is linked to happy memories, and their passing triggers a feeling of personal loss, these are after all, personal memories. Coupled with the element of pack mentality that is obviously present, i.e 'Joe Bloggs said RIP on facebook, I feel I should do the same,' and that in my opinion goes part way to explaining why you get these seemingly over the top outpourings of public grief, by complete strangers.

There are other factors at play too, social, psychological and emotional. But at the end of the day, most of those factors are positive, or at least not negative. Empathy for example, I'd much rather know somebody who is highly emphatic, than someone who is highly narcissistic.  Thumbs up
    Angus

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17

Post by Angus on Wed 13 Aug 2014, 8:57 am

RIP Neil Dalton.

I think locally a lot of people do care about the tragic murder of Neil Dalton. In the local football and cricket community events are planned in his memory and there has been plenty of coverage in the local media. I have played Cricket against him he was a nice lad, decent opening bat as well. A really awful story that has touched a lot of people.
    Boris

Post by Boris on Wed 13 Aug 2014, 11:24 am

AlvoRAM

Post by AlvoRAM on Wed 13 Aug 2014, 11:40 am

Angus wrote:

RIP Neil Dalton.

I think locally a lot of people do care about the tragic murder of Neil Dalton. In the local football and cricket community events are planned in his memory and there has been plenty of coverage in the local media. I have played Cricket against him he was a nice lad, decent opening bat as well. A really awful story that has touched a lot of people.

Until Chicken mentioned him I'd never heard of him. Have now, and I agree its equally tragic, such a sad loss of a fantastic and talented young individual.

Good read that.  Thumbs up 
    purpleram

Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by purpleram on Wed 13 Aug 2014, 11:01 pm

It's trite to call suicide cowardly, to put a rope around your neck and choke yourself to death hardly sounds like an easy way out to me.

The brain is complex and sometimes it stops working as it should. It's not a conscious decision IMO to end your life like that.

I agree people seem over eager to show concern over a celebrity when many wouldn't cross the road to help a neighbour.

New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23430
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 4:55 am

But isn't that just the world we live in purps......this cyber world where everybody can have an opinion on anything...start a thread on cheese or a celebrity passes away and everybody's over exaggerated feelings are a click away from being out in public...
    Not sure half the folk that put stuff on the net mean half of what they say....other than Forest are shi*.

rob

First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2333
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 7:54 am

I thought he was one of the all time greats - made me laugh as a stand up and in films - good morning vietnam is up there in my top 5

also a bloody good actor when he turned his mind to it

Popeye and hook were utter shite though

Li 150
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521

Post by Li 150 on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 3:46 pm

I think having an opinion is overrated, that's why in my house no-one is allowed one, I've got a feeling that this rule applies in a couple of other households as well.  :whis: 

AlvoRAM

Post by AlvoRAM on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 4:22 pm

Li 150 wrote:I think having an opinion is overrated, that's why in my house no-one is allowed one, I've got a feeling that this rule applies in a couple of other households as well.  :whis: 

Not quite... everyone in my house is allowed an opinion....

...however only mine is correct, of course.
    Boris

Post by Boris on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 4:52 pm

Li 150 wrote:I think having an opinion is overrated, that's why in my house no-one is allowed one, I've got a feeling that this rule applies in a couple of other households as well.  :whis: 

I think having an informed opinion is important :whis: 

chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 4:56 pm

Boris wrote:

Just depends on how informed you think you are  :whis: 
    Li 150
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521

Post by Li 150 on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 5:23 pm

Boris wrote:

that'd be your informed opinion I samosa

Boris

Post by Boris on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 6:04 pm

chicken wrote:
    Boris wrote:

Informed enough not to come out with totally unfounded, insensitive and ignorant comments about some one who has just committed suicide  :whis: 

AlvoRAM

Post by AlvoRAM on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 8:04 pm

Boris wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    Boris wrote:

Informed enough not to come out with totally unfounded, insensitive and ignorant comments about some one who has just committed suicide  :whis: 

Will you pair quit it... I thought the kettle had boiled.
    New England Ram
    Admin

First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23430
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 9:15 pm

Sounding like as well as his ongoing battle with depression Williams was in the early stages of Parkinson's disease..
    Not a easy load to cope with.

chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Fri 15 Aug 2014, 1:12 am

Boris wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    Boris wrote:

I must have missed that

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 19 Nov 2018, 12:00 pm