COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Ched Evans

    Share
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15723
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19385

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by RRC on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:38 pm

    The organizers of the original petition think the best way to influence SUFC now is to post on
    the Adidas' Facebook page because Adidas, as their kit sponsor, may pull the plug on SUFC.
    This seems to be proving popular.

    Adidas on Facebook

    They also provide a phone number for those who aren't on Facebook to call (Mon-Fri 9-5) -
    Call Adidas on 0800 389 3845. Choose option 3 to speak to an agent.
    Here's their suggestion on what to say -
    When you call please be polite and state that you would like to register a complaint about Adidas
    providing kit for Sheffield United because Ched Evans, a convicted rapist, is training with the club.
    Ask: Will Adidas continue to sponsor Sheffield United kit if Ched is re-signed?

    If you want to sign the main petition, it's here on Change.org -
    Refuse to reinstate Ched Evans as a player at Sheffield United



    avatar
    Mostyn

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1884
    First ever game : v Norwich City. 26th December 1987.
    Number of posts : 2782
    Registration date : 2009-02-22
    Points : 2817
    Age : 41
    Location : Derby

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by Mostyn on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:44 pm

    RRC wrote:The organizers of the original petition think the best way to influence SUFC now is to post on
    the Adidas' Facebook page because Adidas, as their kit sponsor, may pull the plug on SUFC.
    This seems to be proving popular.

    Adidas on Facebook

    They also provide a phone number for those who aren't on Facebook to call (Mon-Fri 9-5) -
    Call Adidas on 0800 389 3845. Choose option 3 to speak to an agent.
    Here's their suggestion on what to say -
    When you call please be polite and state that you would like to register a complaint about Adidas
    providing kit for Sheffield United because Ched Evans, a convicted rapist, is training with the club.
    Ask: Will Adidas continue to sponsor Sheffield United kit if Ched is re-signed?

    Oh dear god.... if he's guilty, he's served his punishment as dished out by the court. But this is a witch-hunt. Adidas would be massive hypocrites anyway, considering the way they've exploited gang culture in the USA for sales!

    I think people should await this appeal before they ruin a man (who could well be wrongly convicted) beyond repair.

    Hector earlier asked how I'd feel if the victim was my daughter, I'd ask how you'd feel if the accused was your son!
    avatar
    purpleram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14
    Points : 3217
    Location : Spondon

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by purpleram on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:46 pm

    What times the Lynchin party
    avatar
    purpleram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14
    Points : 3217
    Location : Spondon

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by purpleram on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:48 pm

    Welcome back Mostyn Toast
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15723
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19385

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by RRC on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:49 pm

    Mostyn wrote:Hector earlier asked how I'd feel if the victim was my daughter, I'd ask how you'd feel if the accused was your son!

    I'd be horrified if anyone I knew behaved in such away that they could even be thought
    worthy of a police investigation for rape, let alone be convicted by a jury.

    As you keep reminding us, Evans can appeal and, if he wins the appeal, there will be more
    than enough publicity to clear his name.

    Who is going clear the name of his victim even though the jury said she was a victim?
    She has had to move and change her name as the result of what he and his supporters did.
    Have any of them shown the slightest remorse or sympathy for her?



    avatar
    Calif_Ramette

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2580
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 2787
    Age : 39
    Location : Weed, CA USofA

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by Calif_Ramette on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:54 pm

    purpleram wrote:What times the Lynchin party

    Half past noon.
    avatar
    Mostyn

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1884
    First ever game : v Norwich City. 26th December 1987.
    Number of posts : 2782
    Registration date : 2009-02-22
    Points : 2817
    Age : 41
    Location : Derby

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by Mostyn on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:58 pm

    RRC wrote:
    Mostyn wrote:Hector earlier asked how I'd feel if the victim was my daughter, I'd ask how you'd feel if the accused was your son!

    I'd be horrified if anyone I knew behaved in such away that they could even be thought
    worthy of a police investigation for rape, let alone be convicted by a jury.

    As you keep reminding us, Evans can appeal and, if he wins the appeal, there will be more
    than enough publicity to clear his name.

    Who is going clear the name of his victim even though the jury said she was a victim?
    She has had to move and change her name as the result of what he and his supporters did.
    Have any of them shown the slightest remorse or sympathy for her.

    That's the thing RRC, only an accusation brings the police to the door, as I posted earlier, I know someone spent best part of this year on the sex-offender wing (Vulnerable prisoner wing) at Nottingham prison, surrounded by people who'd kicked babies to death, men who'd raped their own children and serial pedofiles, on REMAND, for something he didn't do. He was cleared. But you say you'd be horrified, sadly it only takes an accusation now.

    I know another lad, son of my mate and brother of one of my ex-staff, who pulled a girl on a Friday night, spent all night chatting away and dancing with her, took her home, had consented sex, then was arrested on the Tuesday morning, he wasn't remanded, but was bailed on tag for 9 months whilst the police went around all his ex-girlfriends and female facebook friends trying to find more victims, even suggesting that sex after an argument was rape (to his ex) and she should make a statement, then dragged through the court, to be acquitted. A year later, the lad is still in bits, never speaks to women, trusts nobody, and is just a shadow of himself!
    avatar
    Calif_Ramette

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2580
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 2787
    Age : 39
    Location : Weed, CA USofA

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by Calif_Ramette on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:59 pm

    I signed the petition on Change and have no gumption about it. As it stands he is a CONVICTED RAPIST period. His buddies have made his victim's life hell and he shows zero remorse for what he did. All I see from his buddies is victim blaming and that is wrong. I applaude those at SU for standing up and saying if he is brought back they are gone and for those that left when they allowed him to train well done to you.
    avatar
    Hectors House

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Burnley i think
    Number of posts : 1505
    Registration date : 2010-10-01
    Points : 1647
    Age : 52
    Location : Tibshelf

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by Hectors House on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:02 pm

    Mostyn wrote:
    RRC wrote:The organizers of the original petition think the best way to influence SUFC now is to post on
    the Adidas' Facebook page because Adidas, as their kit sponsor, may pull the plug on SUFC.
    This seems to be proving popular.

    Adidas on Facebook

    They also provide a phone number for those who aren't on Facebook to call (Mon-Fri 9-5) -
    Call Adidas on 0800 389 3845. Choose option 3 to speak to an agent.
    Here's their suggestion on what to say -
    When you call please be polite and state that you would like to register a complaint about Adidas
    providing kit for Sheffield United because Ched Evans, a convicted rapist, is training with the club.
    Ask: Will Adidas continue to sponsor Sheffield United kit if Ched is re-signed?

    Oh dear god.... if he's guilty, he's served his punishment as dished out by the court. But this is a witch-hunt. Adidas would be massive hypocrites anyway, considering the way they've exploited gang culture in the USA for sales!

    I think people should await this appeal before they ruin a man (who could well be wrongly convicted) beyond repair.

    Hector earlier asked how I'd feel if the victim was my daughter, I'd ask how you'd feel if the accused was your son!

    Mortified that he could be mixed up in anything like that. I sincerely hope i've brought him up better than thinking going after drunk women to get his kicks is anything other than disgusting.
    Mostyn you still havent answered my question that if you where too drunk to remember giving me consent, is that ok.
    avatar
    purpleram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14
    Points : 3217
    Location : Spondon

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by purpleram on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:09 pm

    The thing is in this case, there wasn't even an accuser. She thought her drink had been spiked because she couldn't remember how she was at the hotel. She was drunk but it's only conjecture if she was too drunk to consent.

    The charge of rape only came after Evans and his mate admitted consensual sex.

    Calling this rape devalues the word 'rape'.
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15723
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19385

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by RRC on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:14 pm

    purpleram wrote:The thing is in this case, there wasn't even an accuser. She thought her drink had been spiked because she couldn't remember how she was at the hotel. She was drunk but it's only conjecture if she was too drunk to consent.

    The charge of rape only came after Evans and his mate admitted consensual sex.

    Calling this rape devalues the word 'rape'.

    The jury, who heard all the evidence, duly convicted him.
    That's good enough for me unless he wins an appeal and is cleared.

    What evidence do you have that the jury was wrong?



    avatar
    Hectors House

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Burnley i think
    Number of posts : 1505
    Registration date : 2010-10-01
    Points : 1647
    Age : 52
    Location : Tibshelf

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by Hectors House on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:22 pm

    Purple so as i said to Mostyn, i find you pissed out of your face, i may even have spiked your drink ,and i as a man have sex  with you, you cant remeber giving me consent...not that that matters, i'll say you did. I take it you would be quite happy with that
    avatar
    purpleram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14
    Points : 3217
    Location : Spondon

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by purpleram on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:27 pm

    I don't, but everything I've read from both sides, the jury had no evidence either, just conjecture.

    They may be right, Evans may have raped an unconscious, or semi conscious woman, or he may, as he claims, had sex with a more than enthusiastic woman in circumstances he admits were sleazy.

    The point is I don't know, neither did the jury nor did the 'victim' , the only people who know are Evans and his mate, so it's there word against errr nobody.

    Innocent until proven guilty Dunno
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15723
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19385

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by RRC on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:36 pm

    purpleram wrote:I don't, but everything I've read from both sides, the jury had no evidence either, just conjecture.

    They may be right, Evans may have raped an unconscious, or semi conscious woman, or he may, as he claims, had sex with a more than enthusiastic woman in circumstances he admits were sleazy.

    The point is I don't know, neither did the jury nor did the 'victim' , the only people who know are Evans and his mate, so it's there word against errr nobody.

    Innocent until proven guilty Dunno

    He was found guilty by the jury, who heard all the evidence and found the charge proven.

    Reports in the media only cover a fraction of the evidence in any court case, so none of
    us is in a position to say that any jury's verdict was wrong - unless we attended the trial.

    Do you question every verdict that you read about on the grounds that you haven't seen
    enough evidence in the media? I can't follow why you think you know better than the jury.


    Last edited by RRC on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total



    avatar
    purpleram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14
    Points : 3217
    Location : Spondon

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by purpleram on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:37 pm

    Hectors House wrote:Purple so as i said to Mostyn, i find you pissed out of your face, i may even have spiked your drink ,and i as a man have sex  with you, you cant remeber giving me consent...not that that matters, i'll say you did. I take it you would be quite happy with that

    Not at all happy Hector, but unless I was unconscious it wouldn't happen, my sexuality wouldn't change because I was drunk.
    This girl was conscious and making noises conducive to having sex according to an independent witness (night porter)
    I am though more stupid, my inhibitions disappear to a great degree, and in my youth have had sex with girls I wouldn't have sober.
    I also genuinely forget vast tracts of a night out.

    avatar
    Hectors House

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Burnley i think
    Number of posts : 1505
    Registration date : 2010-10-01
    Points : 1647
    Age : 52
    Location : Tibshelf

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by Hectors House on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:42 pm

    My point was that it doesnt matter if you consent or not i will say you did. So in that case according to your logic i am doing nothing wrong.
    avatar
    purpleram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14
    Points : 3217
    Location : Spondon

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by purpleram on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:45 pm

    RRC wrote:
    purpleram wrote:I don't, but everything I've read from both sides, the jury had no evidence either, just conjecture.

    They may be right, Evans may have raped an unconscious, or semi conscious woman, or he may, as he claims, had sex with a more than enthusiastic woman in circumstances he admits were sleazy.

    The point is I don't know, neither did the jury nor did the 'victim' , the only people who know are Evans and his mate, so it's there word against errr nobody.

    Innocent until proven guilty Dunno

    He was found guilty by the jury, who heard all the evidence and found the charge proven.

    Reports in the media only cover a fraction of the evidence in any court case, so none of
    us is in a position to say that any jury's verdict was wrong - unless we attended the trial.

    Do you question every verdict that you read about on the grounds that you haven't seen
    enough evidence in the media?
    I can't follow why you think you know better than the jury.

    What a ridiculous, patronising statement. My point is, unless there is significant other information, other than what we have read, and even the papers (the majority if not all hostile to Evans) are suggesting there is, then there is no evidence that he is guilty. The same jury found his mate innocent which is impossible if Evans is guilty as more time had passed and her body would of processed more alcohol.
    avatar
    purpleram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14
    Points : 3217
    Location : Spondon

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by purpleram on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:47 pm

    Hectors House wrote:My point was that it doesnt matter if you consent or not i will say you did. So in that case according to your logic i am doing nothing wrong.

    Well then it would be both unfortunate and probably painful to me, but if there was no evidence then you should be presumed innocent.

    avatar
    Hectors House

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Burnley i think
    Number of posts : 1505
    Registration date : 2010-10-01
    Points : 1647
    Age : 52
    Location : Tibshelf

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by Hectors House on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:49 pm

    One could experience pleasurable sensations from sex,without it being consensual though. If she was too drunk to know what she was doing at that moment, i say that is rape. She still would get the pleasurable sensation from his actions.
    Doesnt make his actions right though, does it?
    avatar
    Hectors House

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Burnley i think
    Number of posts : 1505
    Registration date : 2010-10-01
    Points : 1647
    Age : 52
    Location : Tibshelf

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by Hectors House on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:50 pm

    purpleram wrote:
    Hectors House wrote:My point was that it doesnt matter if you consent or not i will say you did. So in that case according to your logic i am doing nothing wrong.

    Well then it would be both unfortunate and probably painful to me, but if there was no evidence then you should be presumed innocent.


    When you goin to boozer next lol
    avatar
    purpleram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14
    Points : 3217
    Location : Spondon

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by purpleram on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:51 pm

    Hectors House wrote:
    purpleram wrote:
    Hectors House wrote:My point was that it doesnt matter if you consent or not i will say you did. So in that case according to your logic i am doing nothing wrong.

    Well then it would be both unfortunate and probably painful to me, but if there was no evidence then you should be presumed innocent.


    When you goin to boozer next lol

    Mines a babycham
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15723
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19385

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by RRC on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:58 pm

    purpleram wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    purpleram wrote:I don't, but everything I've read from both sides, the jury had no evidence either, just conjecture.

    They may be right, Evans may have raped an unconscious, or semi conscious woman, or he may, as he claims, had sex with a more than enthusiastic woman in circumstances he admits were sleazy.

    The point is I don't know, neither did the jury nor did the 'victim' , the only people who know are Evans and his mate, so it's there word against errr nobody.

    Innocent until proven guilty Dunno

    He was found guilty by the jury, who heard all the evidence and found the charge proven.

    Reports in the media only cover a fraction of the evidence in any court case, so none of
    us is in a position to say that any jury's verdict was wrong - unless we attended the trial.

    Do you question every verdict that you read about on the grounds that you haven't seen
    enough evidence in the media?
    I can't follow why you think you know better than the jury.

    What a ridiculous, patronising statement. My point is, unless there is significant other information, other than what we have read, and even the papers (the majority if not all  hostile to Evans) are suggesting there is, then there is no evidence that he is guilty. The same jury found his mate innocent which is impossible if Evans is guilty as more time had passed and her body would of processed more alcohol.

    Sorry. I have no wish to patronize you but I feel you're ignoring the point that the media
    do not - cannot possibly - report verbatim all the evidence that the jury heard.

    Obviously the jury found that there was enough evidence to convict him.
    Perhaps they also found Evans a less convincing witness than his victim, which they are
    entitled to take into consideration.

    The circumstances relating to his mate were quite different. Apparently he girl went willingly to the hotel with him. Evans, who had not previously met the girl (unless stepping
    over her while she lay drunk on the ground counts), only came to the hotel later after a
    text invitation from his mate and for some reason he used the hotel fire escape.



    avatar
    Hectors House

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Burnley i think
    Number of posts : 1505
    Registration date : 2010-10-01
    Points : 1647
    Age : 52
    Location : Tibshelf

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by Hectors House on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 10:01 pm

    purpleram wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    purpleram wrote:I don't, but everything I've read from both sides, the jury had no evidence either, just conjecture.

    They may be right, Evans may have raped an unconscious, or semi conscious woman, or he may, as he claims, had sex with a more than enthusiastic woman in circumstances he admits were sleazy.

    The point is I don't know, neither did the jury nor did the 'victim' , the only people who know are Evans and his mate, so it's there word against errr nobody.

    Innocent until proven guilty Dunno

    He was found guilty by the jury, who heard all the evidence and found the charge proven.

    Reports in the media only cover a fraction of the evidence in any court case, so none of
    us is in a position to say that any jury's verdict was wrong - unless we attended the trial.

    Do you question every verdict that you read about on the grounds that you haven't seen
    enough evidence in the media?
    I can't follow why you think you know better than the jury.

    What a ridiculous, patronising statement. My point is, unless there is significant other information, other than what we have read, and even the papers (the majority if not all  hostile to Evans) are suggesting there is, then there is no evidence that he is guilty. The same jury found his mate innocent which is impossible if Evans is guilty as more time had passed and her body would of processed more alcohol.

    Didn't he get found not guilty coz she admitted that she gave him consent???
    So why didnt she say she gave Evans consent???
    avatar
    purpleram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14
    Points : 3217
    Location : Spondon

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by purpleram on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 10:14 pm

    RRC wrote:
    purpleram wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    purpleram wrote:I don't, but everything I've read from both sides, the jury had no evidence either, just conjecture.

    They may be right, Evans may have raped an unconscious, or semi conscious woman, or he may, as he claims, had sex with a more than enthusiastic woman in circumstances he admits were sleazy.

    The point is I don't know, neither did the jury nor did the 'victim' , the only people who know are Evans and his mate, so it's there word against errr nobody.

    Innocent until proven guilty Dunno

    He was found guilty by the jury, who heard all the evidence and found the charge proven.

    Reports in the media only cover a fraction of the evidence in any court case, so none of
    us is in a position to say that any jury's verdict was wrong - unless we attended the trial.

    Do you question every verdict that you read about on the grounds that you haven't seen
    enough evidence in the media?
    I can't follow why you think you know better than the jury.

    What a ridiculous, patronising statement. My point is, unless there is significant other information, other than what we have read, and even the papers (the majority if not all  hostile to Evans) are suggesting there is, then there is no evidence that he is guilty. The same jury found his mate innocent which is impossible if Evans is guilty as more time had passed and her body would of processed more alcohol.

    Sorry. I have no wish to patronize you but I feel you're ignoring the point that the media
    do not - cannot possibly - report verbatim all the evidence that the jury heard.

    Obviously the jury found that there was enough evidence to convict him.
    Perhaps they also found Evans a less convincing witness than his victim, which they are
    entitled to take into consideration.



    I agree that that is the case, but such is the wide debate in this case, if there was a 'smoking gun' that proved or disproved either side we would of heard it surely.

    Rape is a vile crime but to me calling this rape with such paltry evidence leads only to bad decisions.

    This silly girl would of had minimum trauma if after being blood tested negative for being drugged she would of been allowed to just get on with her life.
    avatar
    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14507
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 15930
    Age : 49
    Location : Belper

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by chicken on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 7:30 am

    I doubt it's as easy as that to get on with your life.  She was raped and filmed.

    My view is that another arrogant footballer and his mates have thought they could get away with anything they wanted to do, including the ridiculing and rape of a drunken woman. Yeah, well done lads, proper role models you are.

    I bet Ched Evans' girlfriend feels great too.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ched Evans

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed 23 Aug 2017, 8:33 pm