COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Cilla

    Share
    avatar
    Boris

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Points : 7731
    Age : 52
    Location : Shropshire

    Cilla

    Post by Boris on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 6:36 pm

    Anyone watch the 3 part drama on her life?? Not a great fan of her but I thought they got the 60's vibe spot on. Sheridan Smith played her and sang all of the songs incredibly well, she's quite a talent. Most interesting aspect as much as anything was the sub plot of the life of Brian Epstein, her Manager..worth a look on replay if you didn't see it....

    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/cilla-episode-3-itv-review-ed-stoppard-steals-the-limelight-as-beatles-manager-brian-epstein-9753310.html
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5795
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 6400
    Age : 53
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: Cilla

    Post by Stockport Ram on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 6:39 pm

    I thought for a second she'd croaked when I saw the headline....
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14953
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 16769
    Age : 64
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Cilla

    Post by MadAmster on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 7:33 pm

    not everybody likes her voice, SR, but to refer to it as a croak is going a bit far don't you think?
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23430
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 28070
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Cilla

    Post by New England Ram on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 7:47 pm

    Saturday nights with Cilla and Dixon of Dock Green.....Good days.




    avatar
    ShardlowSheep

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 4087
    Registration date : 2009-03-27
    Points : 4245
    Age : 40
    Location : Kilburn (I have moved from Shardlow)

    Re: Cilla

    Post by ShardlowSheep on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 8:28 pm

    I watched all 3 parts. It was decent enough and Sheridan Smith was great.
    avatar
    Angus

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17
    Points : 2258

    Re: Cilla

    Post by Angus on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 9:27 pm

    Boris wrote:Anyone watch the 3 part drama on her life?? Not a great fan of her but I thought they got the 60's vibe spot on. Sheridan Smith played her and sang all of the songs incredibly well, she's quite a talent. Most interesting aspect as much as anything was the sub plot of the life of Brian Epstein, her Manager..worth a look on replay if you didn't see it....

    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/cilla-episode-3-itv-review-ed-stoppard-steals-the-limelight-as-beatles-manager-brian-epstein-9753310.html

    I think I will pass on that, if she sang the songs well then she doesn't portray Cilla very accurately. She was a big part of the start of blanket trash TV of today. ITV started the mass crap with Black, Barrymore and Beadle, BBC followed down that road, which became never ending.

    For me the only medicine for hor phlemmy scouse voice was the off button.
    avatar
    CornwallRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6451
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 6991
    Age : 50
    Location : Derby

    Re: Cilla

    Post by CornwallRam on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:16 pm

    Angus wrote:
    Boris wrote:Anyone watch the 3 part drama on her life?? Not a great fan of her but I thought they got the 60's vibe spot on. Sheridan Smith played her and sang all of the songs incredibly well, she's quite a talent. Most interesting aspect as much as anything was the sub plot of the life of Brian Epstein, her Manager..worth a look on replay if you didn't see it....

    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/cilla-episode-3-itv-review-ed-stoppard-steals-the-limelight-as-beatles-manager-brian-epstein-9753310.html

    I think I will pass on that, if she sang the songs well then she doesn't portray Cilla very accurately. She was a big part of the start of blanket trash TV of today. ITV started the mass crap with Black, Barrymore and Beadle, BBC followed down that road, which became never ending.

    For me the only medicine for hor phlemmy scouse voice was the off button.

    But is she a better winger than Johnny Russell? Dunno
    avatar
    Charingworth Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : Liverpool home won 2-0 1974
    Number of posts : 9224
    Registration date : 2009-02-22
    Points : 9517
    Age : 49
    Location : Rams World

    Re: Cilla

    Post by Charingworth Ram on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:35 pm

    I was fuming, watched all 3 and she didn't sing that Surprise Surprise song :affraid:
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14953
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 16769
    Age : 64
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Cilla

    Post by MadAmster on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 7:54 am

    Charingworth Ram wrote:I was fuming, watched all 3 and she didn't sing that Surprise Surprise song :affraid:

    Surorise, surpprise Whistle
    avatar
    Boris

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Points : 7731
    Age : 52
    Location : Shropshire

    Re: Cilla

    Post by Boris on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 8:54 am

    CornwallRam wrote:
    Angus wrote:
    Boris wrote:Anyone watch the 3 part drama on her life?? Not a great fan of her but I thought they got the 60's vibe spot on. Sheridan Smith played her and sang all of the songs incredibly well, she's quite a talent. Most interesting aspect as much as anything was the sub plot of the life of Brian Epstein, her Manager..worth a look on replay if you didn't see it....

    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/cilla-episode-3-itv-review-ed-stoppard-steals-the-limelight-as-beatles-manager-brian-epstein-9753310.html

    I think I will pass on that, if she sang the songs well then she doesn't portray Cilla very accurately. She was a big part of the start of blanket trash TV of today. ITV started the mass crap with Black, Barrymore and Beadle, BBC followed down that road, which became never ending.

    For me the only medicine for hor phlemmy scouse voice was the off button.

    But is she a better winger than Johnny Russell? Dunno

    Perhaps she could do a duet with Andre Wisdom Angus Clapping
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14953
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 16769
    Age : 64
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Cilla

    Post by MadAmster on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:52 pm

    n av alorra lorra laffs

    Sponsored content

    Re: Cilla

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon 19 Nov 2018, 2:12 pm