a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

What do points make?

CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6451
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

What do points make?

Post by CornwallRam on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 7:07 pm

Just browsing and noticed that we all now have a points tally in left hand member information section. How long has that been there? And do they really make prizes? And if so what's mine?

...and as it is nearly December has the RRC/Li dream team got the Christmas decs ready? I can't wait to see Angus's aguish lightened by snowflakes and Chicken's modesty covered by baubles.Thumbs up

Last edited by CornwallRam on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23430
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Re: What do points make?

Post by New England Ram on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 7:22 pm

Techno.....posts

RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16339
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 7:54 pm

CornwallRam wrote:Just browsing and noticed that we all now have a points tally in left hand memeber information section. How long has that been there? And do they really make prizes? And if so what's mine?

...and as it is nearly Decemeber has the RRC/Li dream team got the Christmas decs ready? I can't wait to see Angus's aguish lightened by snowflakes and Chicken's modesty covered by baubles.Thumbs up  

Can't be sure but I think the points totals have been displayed before this, though they may not always have been displayed. If they've only appeared again recently, that may be a by-product of our web host's major server and software changes, which also gave us the unexpected far-flung time zones.

The "reputation" points system is a feature provided by the web host. The totals are derived from the member's activity in the forum (number of posts, recommends etc.). There seems to be some vague idea that the company may reward forums that do very well (I assume they mean grow a lot bigger) by giving credits to put towards things like extra domain names or more space on their server. That's unlikely to happen in our case, because we're a small forum by web standards and only need their basic package.

There are no prizes for individual members unless the forum itself can provide them. As we have neither an income nor a generous sponsor, it's unlikely that we'll ever be able to offer prizes.

I've been working on the Christmas decs and trying to make sure that they don't cause problems in viewing the forum (some issues have been reported even without them), so they may not be as elaborate (with huge file sizes) as before - not everyone has the latest kit.

New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23430
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:08 pm

Oh it does say points as well as posts....King of Rome would be all over that Afraid

SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4977
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 11:29 pm

CornwallRam wrote:Just browsing and noticed that we all now have a points tally in left hand member information section. How long has that been there? And do they really make prizes? And if so what's mine?

...and as it is nearly December has the RRC/Li dream team got the Christmas decs ready? I can't wait to see Angus's aguish lightened by snowflakes and Chicken's modesty covered by baubles.Thumbs up

Don't know what prize you might have (or not) Corny but your points are more than mine! Respect

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 19 Nov 2018, 12:16 pm