COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    The top six

    Share
    avatar
    Boris

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Points : 7731
    Age : 51
    Location : Shropshire

    Re: The top six

    Post by Boris on Sat 17 Jan 2015, 5:30 pm

    rjrules71 wrote:
    Boris wrote:
    Ram78 wrote:Dropped to third , back to 3 points off top, see the fish couldn't help his parent team out!

    Also see ibe had a 5 minute cameo, he'd of been assured of 90 today Bang head

    What a sh*t day-not only losing but every other result went against us. It is getting very tight just below us.

    Was just looking at that Boz, did all the hard work last week, got the breaks as well, then threw it all to the dogs no less

    It is so hard being a Ramsfan ah well Whatever Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink

    I think Brentford will drop away but Watford, Norwich and now Wolves are on really good runs...
    avatar
    rjrules71

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4296
    Registration date : 2009-05-15
    Points : 5339
    Age : 60
    Location : donington sur le mire

    Re: The top six

    Post by rjrules71 on Sat 17 Jan 2015, 5:36 pm

    Boris wrote:
    rjrules71 wrote:
    Boris wrote:
    Ram78 wrote:Dropped to third , back to 3 points off top, see the fish couldn't help his parent team out!

    Also see ibe had a 5 minute cameo, he'd of been assured of 90 today Bang head

    What a sh*t day-not only losing but every other result went against us. It is getting very tight just below us.

    Was just looking at that Boz, did all the hard work last week, got the breaks as well, then threw it all to the dogs no less

    It is so hard being a Ramsfan ah well Whatever Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink

    I think Brentford will drop away but Watford, Norwich and now Wolves are on really good runs...

    I said at the outset jokingly in a thread before the season had started, it was us and Norwich who will go automatic.

    I see no reason as yet to change that, they are playing better now,
    we are the best of the rest and I think the steam will run out at Bournemouth and Ipswich.

    We shall see
    avatar
    Charingworth Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : Liverpool home won 2-0 1974
    Number of posts : 9224
    Registration date : 2009-02-22
    Points : 9517
    Age : 48
    Location : Rams World

    Re: The top six

    Post by Charingworth Ram on Sat 17 Jan 2015, 7:20 pm

    I am finding it really irritating when folks keep saying Bournemouth will run out of steam , they win just about every fecking week Bang head Bang head
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10245
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11259
    Age : 54
    Location : Derby

    Re: The top six

    Post by Mucker1884 on Sat 17 Jan 2015, 7:23 pm

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    avatar
    ShardlowSheep

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 3960
    Registration date : 2009-03-27
    Points : 4113
    Age : 39
    Location : Kilburn (I have moved from Shardlow)

    Re: The top six

    Post by ShardlowSheep on Sat 17 Jan 2015, 10:43 pm

    Boris wrote:
    Ram78 wrote:Dropped to third , back to 3 points off top, see the fish couldn't help his parent team out!

    Also see ibe had a 5 minute cameo, he'd of been assured of 90 today Bang head

    What a sh*t day-not only losing but every other result went against us. It is getting very tight just below us.
    tge other results were never really like to go our way today votg Bournemouth and Ipswich were playing teams low down in the division. I remain confident that we will go up.
    avatar
    Charingworth Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : Liverpool home won 2-0 1974
    Number of posts : 9224
    Registration date : 2009-02-22
    Points : 9517
    Age : 48
    Location : Rams World

    Re: The top six

    Post by Charingworth Ram on Sat 17 Jan 2015, 10:54 pm

    Mucker1884 wrote:I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    Ambulance
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15877
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19678

    Re: The top six

    Post by RRC on Sat 17 Jan 2015, 11:49 pm

    Charingworth Ram wrote:
    Mucker1884 wrote:I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.
    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    I think Bournemouth will run out of steam.

    Ambulance

    Seems to be the Rams running out of steam again.

    That's 5 defeats in the last 13 SBC games and 15 points dropped.

    We need to stop the rot quickly with the top 8 places in the table closing up again.



    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23111
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27727
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: The top six

    Post by New England Ram on Sun 18 Jan 2015, 9:07 pm

    Both Bournemouth and Ipswich playing in midweek I believe...if they win the gap will begin to open before we get back to league football.
    Norwich playing as well and with the right result will be right on our shoulder....shi* it was less stressful a few seasons ago.



    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13866
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15512
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: The top six

    Post by MadAmster on Mon 19 Jan 2015, 9:37 am

    New England Ram wrote:Both Bournemouth and Ipswich playing in midweek I believe...if they win the gap will begin to open before we get back to league football.
    Norwich playing as well and with the right result will be right on our shoulder....shi* it was less stressful a few seasons ago.

    If they do have midweek games, I don't understand why we don't have one as well. Having said that, if they win, it will open a gap but we will have that game in hand and thus the chance to close the gap again. If they lose or draw we can get even closer or go past them via our game in hand.

    Just checked. for reasons best known to themselves the Football League has carved up next weekend's fixtures into 4 lots. 2 on Tuesday, 2 on Wednesday, 4 on Satdeh and the other 4 (due to cup commitments) next Tuesday.

    Bournemouth go to DYS on Tuesday and Ipswich go to BHA on Wensdeh. We go to Blackburn next Tuesdeh.
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10245
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11259
    Age : 54
    Location : Derby

    Re: The top six

    Post by Mucker1884 on Mon 19 Jan 2015, 9:42 am

    If you're travelling over next week Ammy, whatever you do, don't go to Blackburn next Tues... we're at home!   Wink
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13866
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15512
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: The top six

    Post by MadAmster on Mon 19 Jan 2015, 10:16 am

    Ta Mucker. Thumbs up
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23111
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27727
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: The top six

    Post by New England Ram on Mon 19 Jan 2015, 1:07 pm

    Back to Bournemouth who for me are by far the most all rounded and best balanced team with goals coming from severel sources .
    I just cannot believe they are doing what they are doing with that twa* in their goal..



    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4524
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6057
    Age : 69
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: The top six

    Post by SawleyRam on Mon 19 Jan 2015, 1:57 pm

    New England Ram wrote:Back to Bournemouth who for me are by far the most all rounded and best balanced team with goals coming from severel sources .
    I just cannot believe they are doing what they are doing with that twa* in their goal..

    They are doing well without that twa* in their goal NER Boruc is their regular keeper.
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13866
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15512
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: The top six

    Post by MadAmster on Mon 19 Jan 2015, 2:03 pm

    It's all a load of Borucs Sawls :)
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23111
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27727
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: The top six

    Post by New England Ram on Mon 19 Jan 2015, 3:12 pm

    SawleyRam wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:Back to Bournemouth who for me are by far the most all rounded and best balanced team with goals coming from severel sources .
    I just cannot believe they are doing what they are doing with that twa* in their goal..

    They are doing well without that twa* in their goal NER Boruc is their regular keeper.

    Makes more sense then...collection of tents played Saturday though didn't he ?



    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4524
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6057
    Age : 69
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: The top six

    Post by SawleyRam on Mon 19 Jan 2015, 3:44 pm

    MadAmster wrote:It's all a load of Borucs Sawls :)

    Good try, good try, but not quite right Waiting
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23111
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27727
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: The top six

    Post by New England Ram on Tue 20 Jan 2015, 1:57 am

    Come on Leeds...Come on Brighton....



    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4524
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6057
    Age : 69
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: The top six

    Post by SawleyRam on Tue 20 Jan 2015, 5:47 am

    New England Ram wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:Back to Bournemouth who for me are by far the most all rounded and best balanced team with goals coming from severel sources .
    I just cannot believe they are doing what they are doing with that twa* in their goal..

    They are doing well without that twa* in their goal NER Boruc is their regular keeper.

    Makes more sense then...collection of tents played Saturday though didn't he ?

    His dad probably demanded he got a game. LOL roll
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15877
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19678

    Re: The top six

    Post by RRC on Tue 20 Jan 2015, 9:42 pm

    A big thank you to . . . Leeds United! Clapping

    No, I haven't gone totally doo-lally.

    The dirties have just beaten Bournemouth by the only goal at Elland Road.
    Yann Kermogant hit the bar with a Bournemouth penalty after Bellusci was sent off on 86 mins.
    That's 6 points to nil for the dirties against Bournemouth this season.

    Pity Cardiff couldn't do likewise against Boro, who are now above us on points and goal difference.



    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23111
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27727
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: The top six

    Post by New England Ram on Tue 20 Jan 2015, 10:17 pm

    Lessens Saturday's disappointment slightly..with Boro winning its really game on though.
    I reckon there could be up to half a dozen teams in with a chance of at least on of the automatic spots going into the last month of the season.



    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10245
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11259
    Age : 54
    Location : Derby

    Re: The top six

    Post by Mucker1884 on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 6:04 am

    Here starteth the Bournemouth slide!   Afraid
    avatar
    Charingworth Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : Liverpool home won 2-0 1974
    Number of posts : 9224
    Registration date : 2009-02-22
    Points : 9517
    Age : 48
    Location : Rams World

    Re: The top six

    Post by Charingworth Ram on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 7:26 am

    we will be in top six without a shadow of doubt but sadly not top two !! This worries me because teams who have done a number on us this season usually come out of the game with a result.

    avatar
    rob

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2097
    Registration date : 2011-06-07
    Points : 2222
    Age : 49
    Location : Barleythorpe

    Re: The top six

    Post by rob on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 7:51 am

    we need a plan b - we haven't got one
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13866
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15512
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: The top six

    Post by MadAmster on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 10:26 am

    Boro above us but we have a game next Tuesday where we can go back above them by taking advantage of our game in hand.

    Having said that, with Boro, Bournemouth and Ipswich all playing now, rather than at the weekend, it gives them a week and a half respite before their next game. Time to do some planning and sort out any minor niggles players might have. Will this be advantageous to them in their next few games?
    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4524
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6057
    Age : 69
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: The top six

    Post by SawleyRam on Wed 21 Jan 2015, 12:14 pm

    rob wrote:we need a plan b - we haven't got one

    We can have enough plans to fill the alphabet Rob but if the players perform like they did last Saturday none of the plans will work!

    Sponsored content

    Re: The top six

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:12 pm