The top six

rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2097
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Re: The top six

Post by rob on Fri 27 Mar 2015, 4:20 pm

another exciting season in the chumpionship - san hughes rather than trying to get 12 points and bags of dosh then
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5369
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Fri 27 Mar 2015, 11:55 pm

MadAmster wrote:
    Mitten State Ram wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:That table has us a mere 2 points off an auto place.

Birmingham. Injury time.

Will that come back to bite us again?

How can it not. And the points we tossed away with late goals given up to Norwich and The Scum among others. Sure we salvaged some points elsewhere, Rotherham for example. But on mass this team has frittered away more points than it has salvaged.

The ref had a hand in both of the Brum goals though rather than the team frittering away a lead. Their 1st was never a penalty and for their 2nd, in the 15 or so seconds prior to him awarding a free kick to them, from which they scored, he ignored two blatant fouls on Derby players.

So far I have remained serenely calm post that game with the REAL "Scum", MA.....

Please desist from raising my blood pressure.

I am (and always will be) convinced that the 3-3 at St Scumsville (added to Martin's crass sending off at Turf Moor, which IMHO cost us a six point swing with the Lancashire inbreds), prevented us from being where we belong this season.

Don't even SUGGEST that the tossers might have stopped us again.... Finger Finger Finger Finger Finger
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13866
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Sun 29 Mar 2015, 3:53 pm

Oooooh! Pardon me for pointing out a truth dancer
    DavesaRam

First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 879
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by DavesaRam on Sun 29 Mar 2015, 6:29 pm

MadAmster wrote:
    Mitten State Ram wrote:

Birmingham. Injury time.

How can it not. And the points we tossed away with late goals given up to Norwich and The Scum among others. Sure we salvaged some points elsewhere, Rotherham for example. But on mass this team has frittered away more points than it has salvaged.

The ref had a hand in both of the Brum goals though rather than the team frittering away a lead. Their 1st was never a penalty and for their 2nd, in the 15 or so seconds prior to him awarding a free kick to them, from which they scored, he ignored two blatant fouls on Derby players.

The ref also played a hand against the Boro, 'cos he didn't see Bamford bear-hug our defender out of the way in the build up for their goal.
    DavesaRam

First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 879
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by DavesaRam on Sun 29 Mar 2015, 6:34 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:
    Mitten State Ram wrote:

Birmingham. Injury time.

So far I have remained serenely calm post that game with the REAL "Scum", MA.....

Please desist from raising my blood pressure.

I am (and always will be) convinced that the 3-3 at St Scumsville (added to Martin's crass sending off at Turf Moor, which IMHO cost us a six point swing with the Lancashire inbreds), prevented us from being where we belong this season.

Don't even SUGGEST that the tossers might have stopped us again.... Finger Finger Finger Finger Finger

Agree with you about the Birmingham give-away, but the "crass sending off" for Martin was only crass by the referee - Martin was tripped in the area - he didn't dive, so it shouldn't have been a second yellow, it should have been a penalty.

There were plenty of examples for last season where we threw things away, and the same for this season, but the Burnley game wasn't one of them. It might be worth looking at both seasons at just how many points have been taken from us by poor refereeing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:12 pm