New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22972
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Gerrard

Post by New England Ram on Mon 05 Jan 2015, 8:19 pm

Scored against Wimbledon...God help us cue even more excessive Gerrard plaudits and a a few statues and a ship.

bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3599
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Re: Gerrard

Post by bramhallram on Mon 05 Jan 2015, 8:25 pm

New England Ram wrote:Scored against Wimbledon...God help us cue even more excessive Gerrard plaudits and a a few statues and a ship.

I hope you realise that the sainted Gerrard celebrates his birthday on FA Cup Final day ? I can see his hands grasping the trophy as a fitting finale to his wonderful career, blah, blah....

Cue brass band music. Fade images.

RRC
    Admin

Number of posts : 15672
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Mon 05 Jan 2015, 8:32 pm

bramhallram wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:Scored against Wimbledon...God help us cue even more excessive Gerrard plaudits and a a few statues and a ship.

I hope you realise that the sainted Gerrard celebrates his birthday on FA Cup Final day ?  I can see his hands grasping the trophy as a fitting finale to his wonderful career, blah, blah....

Cue brass band music. Fade images.

Please no!!!

Come on Wimbledon . . . 1-1 now

New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Mon 05 Jan 2015, 8:37 pm

bramhallram wrote:

I hope you realise that the sainted Gerrard celebrates his birthday on FA Cup Final day ?  I can see his hands grasping the trophy as a fitting finale to his wonderful career, blah, blah....

Cue brass ban

d music. Fade images.

And the day after he finds a cure for Ebola and starts work on World Peace.

New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Mon 05 Jan 2015, 9:15 pm

Oh no....that's another street name gone

mace

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 5865
    Registration date : 2009-02-17

Post by mace on Tue 06 Jan 2015, 12:46 am

Despite what everyone thinks ,i think Gerrard and come to think of it Lampard have had fine careers,been outstanding players for club and country in their generation imo and have come under unfair scrutiny Fight
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Tue 06 Jan 2015, 12:49 am

mace wrote:Despite what everyone thinks ,i think Gerrard and come to think of it Lampard have had fine careers,been outstanding players for club and country in their generation imo and have come under unfair scrutiny Fight

I actually admire both players...I just despise the pathetic over the top media generated sentimental bullshit.

mace

Post by mace on Tue 06 Jan 2015, 12:59 am

New England Ram wrote:
    mace wrote:Despite what everyone thinks ,i think Gerrard and come to think of it Lampard have had fine careers,been outstanding players for club and country in their generation imo and have come under unfair scrutiny Fight

I actually admire both players...I just despise the pathetic over the top media generated sentimental bullshit.
    top players get the coverage NER ,The sad fact is we have not had enough to shout about recently hence the media over hype
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Tue 06 Jan 2015, 1:26 am

mace wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:

top players get the coverage NER ,The sad fact is we have not had enough to shout about recently hence the media over hype

I know they do mate...but today's media coverage is totally over the top both on individual players and the game itself...when you have so called " defining moments in the premier league race" comments four weeks into a season you know how much of a joke it is.
    Its all total effing overkill on individuals and a game that frankly is not that interesting.

mace

Post by mace on Tue 06 Jan 2015, 1:59 am

New England Ram wrote:
    mace wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:

I know they do mate...but today's media coverage is totally over the top both on individual players and the game itself...when you have so called " defining moments in the premier league race" comments four weeks into a season you know how much of a joke it is.
    Its all total effing overkill on individuals and a game that frankly is not that interesting.
    You mean you actually watch and take note of that circus LOL roll LOL roll LOL roll LOL roll LOL roll Hug
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5158
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 06 Jan 2015, 7:18 am

Just the two goals and a goal line clearance for Liverpool's best player this century then....I dunno what all the fuss is about. Afraid
    outsider

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 925
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Post by outsider on Tue 06 Jan 2015, 8:44 am

He tried to leave years ago to win trophies notably the premier league but backed down after fan pressure as the like to call it in Merseyside

Rumours he going to FC mississlippy

Whistle I'll get my coat
    bramhallram

First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3599
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Tue 06 Jan 2015, 11:10 am

outsider wrote:He tried to leave years ago to win trophies notably the premier league but backed down after fan pressure as the like to call it in Merseyside

Rumours he going to FC mississlippy

Whistle  I'll get my coat

When Gerrard looked like moving to Chelsea some years ago the rumour going round was that he had received 'fan pressure' in the form of threats to his family and his property if he made the move.

I don't believe such rumours. I'm sure his decision to stay at Liverpool was made for purely footballing reasons. I mean, which has been the more successful club these past ten years ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 25 Jul 2017, 3:48 pm