RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15880
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Re: Tom Ince

Post by RRC on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 9:25 pm

DEAL DONE

Derby County have signed Tom Ince on loan until the end of the season. The 23-year midfielder has struggled to make an impact at the KC Stadium since his move from Blackpool.

Derby will be his second local spell away from Hull having made six appearances for Nottingham Forest earlier this season.

BBC

Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5369
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 9:28 pm

Go on then Tom - prove me wrong.

I've been wrong before.....

September 28th 1976 I think it was.....
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6267
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by CornwallRam on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 9:36 pm

Amazing isn't it - some of us are not convinced by the signing of a player who is a regular for England U21s and once set this division alive.

Just to add perspective - Michael Boulding

How far have we come!!!!!
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23111
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 9:38 pm

Would finish Forest off if he does the biz for us.

Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5369
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 9:45 pm

CornwallRam wrote:Amazing isn't it - some of us are not convinced by the signing of a player who is a regular for England U21s and once set this division alive.

I'm pretty sure that "once " wasn't September 28th, 1976 though, Corners....

Afraid

ShardlowSheep

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 3960
    Registration date : 2009-03-27

Post by ShardlowSheep on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:04 pm

Wouldn't have been my first choice but hope he proves my wrong.
    thatguyfromderby

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4346
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by thatguyfromderby on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:05 pm

I'm excited about this. I think he's similar in style to Ibe. Tricky and quick. On his form, he'll tear defenders apart.
    baseballer

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Coventry away 1978
    Number of posts : 702
    Registration date : 2009-10-03

Post by baseballer on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:50 pm

The lad needs proper coaching in my limited opinion.
    His dad was a very good football player with an attitude to succeed. If the young man has the same determination, we have got a decent chance of seeing the fruits.

Hope we (supporters) show him big love, that gives him absurd confidence. After all he's got a major chip on his shoulder!!! The Guvnor!!!!!
    old ewe

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 625
    Registration date : 2012-05-20

Post by old ewe on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:52 pm

jesse Lingard loan deal just gone through
    bramhallram

First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3739
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:58 pm

Well if his interview is anything to go by he should do very well for us. He was polite, articulate and said all the right things, and it's a loan deal that sends a very clear message to the rest of the Championship.

Welcome to Derby and good luck, Tom lad.

ShardlowSheep

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 3960
    Registration date : 2009-03-27

Post by ShardlowSheep on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:59 pm

old ewe wrote:jesse Lingard loan deal just gone through
    If that is a done deal I am more excited about Lingard than Ince. Will be interesting to see wwho does better. Hopefully they both do great.
    old ewe

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 625
    Registration date : 2012-05-20

Post by old ewe on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 11:08 pm

MU put Lingard on a new 3 1/2 yr contract before they let him out on loan!! SSN
    LeedsRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : some time when I was three
    Number of posts : 1352
    Registration date : 2009-07-21

Post by LeedsRam on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 11:11 pm

Interesting night.

Lingard only just coming back from injury so not sure if he is fit or not.
    We will certainly have a strong bench when everyone is fit.

Another 70 minutes for George, all good.

Things look so promising it worries me. Afraid
    RRC
    Admin

Number of posts : 15880
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 12:06 am

Strange question on the Guardian website - hope it isn't a mistake by DCFC.
    Don't think it can be, because it would also apply to Darren Bent.

“I was wondering if you could clarify something on the Tom Ince loan deal to Derby,” pleads Padraig McNamara. “By my understanding he’s already played games for Hull and Notts Forest this season. Given the Fifa ruling on the Hatem Ben Arfa move to Nice, how does the Ince deal not fall foul of the same rule restricting players to no more than two teams per season? Do Fifa regs differ for the second tier?”

It’s all a little confusing. Fifa regulation 5.3 states:

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.

So, in short, I’ve no idea why Tom Ince is allowed to play for three clubs.

New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 12:13 am

Would hope they know the rules and are within them for what ever reason.

New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 4:38 am

This explains it Jo

Although league rules usually prohibit players from appearing for three clubs in the same season and Ince has already played for Hull and Forest, his time at Forest was classified as an emergency loan, allowing him to sign for Derby.

Mucker1884

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10245
    Registration date : 2009-07-22

Post by Mucker1884 on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 5:58 am

RRC wrote:Strange question on the Guardian website - hope it isn't a mistake by DCFC.

“I was wondering if you could clarify something on the Tom Ince loan deal to Derby,” pleads Padraig McNamara. “By my understanding he’s already played games for Hull and Notts Forest this season. Given the Fifa ruling on the Hatem Ben Arfa move to Nice, how does the Ince deal not fall foul of the same rule restricting players to no more than two teams per season? Do Fifa regs differ for the second tier?”

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.

That explains it.... For*st's season was finished by October!
    LOL roll LOL roll LOL roll
    CornwallRam

Post by CornwallRam on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 8:21 am

Stockport Ram wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:Amazing isn't it - some of us are not convinced by the signing of a player who is a regular for England U21s and once set this division alive.

I'm pretty sure that "once " wasn't September 28th, 1976 though, Corners....

Afraid

Reading my post back it looks a bit like I'm having a go at you Stockers - I really wasn't. My first reaction to the Ince rumour was that I'm sure we can find someone better, so I was firmly in the 'not convinced' camp too. That just set me off thinking how spoiled we've become recently. No more grubbing around in the clearance section of the bargain basement. We're signing players like Ince and Albentosa, who with a little bit of Mac's magic pixy dust could easily become the very best players in the league.

Even the most optimistic of fans could never have thought that of Boulding or Deeney.
    CornwallRam

Post by CornwallRam on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 8:44 am

RRC wrote:Strange question on the Guardian website - hope it isn't a mistake by DCFC.

I looked this up the other day. Basically, the authorities within the English game (FA, FL & PL) decided that emergency loans don't count. They will, however, only let a player play for two clubs in the same division, so PL players are fine to do two separate loans in the Championship. FIFA are apparently less than impressed and are considering banning emergency loans altogether.
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4525
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 9:29 am

CornwallRam wrote:

I looked this up the other day. Basically, the authorities within the English game (FA, FL & PL) decided that emergency loans don't count. They will, however, only let a player play for two clubs in the same division, so PL players are fine to do two separate loans in the Championship. FIFA are apparently less than impressed and are considering banning emergency loans altogether.

I agree with that, it makes the loan system a mockery.
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 13870

Post by MadAmster on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 11:16 am

Emergency loans should be there but, they should be just that, for emergency only.

One or less fit keepers might be a good criteria for loaning a keeper on an emergency basis.

Having half your squad maimed/killed in a major bus/rail/air accident is a valid reason.

Heep the emergency loan available but only to those with a pre defined emergency.
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4525
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 11:36 am

MadAmster wrote:Emergency loans should be there but, they should be just that, for emergency only.

One or less fit keepers might be a good criteria for loaning a keeper on an emergency basis.

Having half your squad maimed/killed in a major bus/rail/air accident is a valid reason.

Heep the emergency loan available but only to those with a pre defined emergency.

Whilst that system is available no matter which guise it would be in there would always be an unscrupulous chairman who 'designs' a pre defined emergency. To take it out of the equation all together would be the only solution.
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 2:27 pm

CornwallRam wrote:

I said that last night Wink

CornwallRam

Post by CornwallRam on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 2:34 pm

New England Ram wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:

I said that last night Wink

You'll have to shout louder - there's a big pond in the way

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 13 Dec 2017, 6:39 pm