Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5209
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Re: Tom Ince

Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 5:52 pm

CornwallRam wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:Amazing isn't it - some of us are not convinced by the signing of a player who is a regular for England U21s and once set this division alive.

Just to add perspective - Michael Boulding

How far have we come!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that "once " wasn't September 28th, 1976 though, Corners....

Afraid

Reading my post back it looks a bit like I'm having a go at you Stockers - I really wasn't. My first reaction to the Ince rumour was that I'm sure we can find someone better, so I was firmly in the 'not convinced' camp too. That just set me off thinking how spoiled we've become recently. No more grubbing around in the clearance section of the bargain basement. We're signing players like Ince and Albentosa, who with a little bit of Mac's magic pixy dust could easily become the very best players in the league.

Even the most optimistic of fans could never have thought that of Boulding or Deeney.

Completely agree Corners... not on you having a go at me (!!), I meant on just how far we have come.

I hope Thomas burns up the touchline and crosses us to the title, I really do, and I'll gladly dance naked around the main traffic island in Stockport if it happens.

Tickets will be on a strictly first come first served basis......
    Ram78

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1989
    First ever game : vs Arsenal at BBG
    Number of posts : 2308
    Registration date : 2011-01-17

Post by Ram78 on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 7:53 pm

Hoping ince will come good, he's had a rotten time since leaving Blackpool and has only bagged 1 goal in 21 appearances for 3 teams
    SM managed his dad so be interesting to see him nurturing the lad in the next few months

Super Rams The quest for premiership continues.............
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13559
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 9:15 am

Ince is a Ram. Time to put personal thoughts aside and back the lad to be a success at a successful club.

Oh David Nugent, Oh David Nugent, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston at the side of the road in a Volkswagen beetle............
    Angus

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17

Post by Angus on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 10:32 am

Ince is a proven quality footballer at this level, if he can get his confidence back he will improve the team.

Mac has proven he can get some output out of most of the players since coming to Derby, he appears to get along with them, with no major fall-outs (other than Bamford), so I don't think Ince should be more of a challenge than some of the others.

Promotion chances improved with his signing in my opinion, although I bet he hasn't come cheap.
    thatguyfromderby

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4303
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by thatguyfromderby on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 1:43 pm

Quote in the DET. First thing Steve said to Ince was:

"I coached your old man a few years ago - you're taller than him and better looking"

Made me chuckle.
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11114
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 6:19 pm

I've listened to him and thought about it and I am won over. I think he will make a huge contribution to us gaining promotion this season, and I also think he'll be playing for us in the Premiersh*t next season.
    Calif_Ramette

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2580
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by Calif_Ramette on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 6:23 pm

I think Steve will get his best back from him. He has done that with pretty much all our players and I don't think Ince will be any different.
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6226

Post by CornwallRam on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 6:35 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:I've listened to him and thought about it and I am won over. I think he will make a huge contribution to us gaining promotion this season, and I also think he'll be playing for us in the Premiersh*t next season.

I wonder if there's a deal in place?

The rumoured £300k loan fee seems a little steep if true, but if we've negotiated a deal where we get the choice of buying him for £2.2m (and thus giving Hull their money back) in the summer if we go up, it makes more sense.

If there's no deal on the table already we're unlikely to get him. To be good enough for us to want in the PL he will have to show Thorne like form in his time here. If he does that then Hull will decide they won't want to sell him to a rival for less than £10m.
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3635
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 7:16 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:I hope Thomas burns up the touchline and crosses us to the title, I really do, and I'll gladly dance naked around the main traffic island in Stockport if it happens.

Just checking, Stockers. Are we talking about the Portwood roundabout ? It would be a shame to miss your big day.

Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 8:02 pm

bramhallram wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:I hope Thomas burns up the touchline and crosses us to the title, I really do, and I'll gladly dance naked around the main traffic island in Stockport if it happens.

Just checking, Stockers. Are we talking about the Portwood roundabout ? It would be a shame to miss your big day.

That's the one, BR. Ideal for good viewing as the bus lane goes through the middle of it....and believe me, you'd have to be that close to see it.....

(Did I mention that I was here all week??)
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3635
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 9:32 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:

That's the one, BR.  Ideal for good viewing as the bus lane goes through the middle of it....and believe me, you'd have to be that close to see it.....

No, but I heard the rumour...

Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Sun 08 Feb 2015, 10:47 am

bramhallram wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:

That's the one, BR.  Ideal for good viewing as the bus lane goes through the middle of it....and believe me, you'd have to be that close to see it.....

Crikey, after that performance I think I SHOULD check out the long range weather forecast for Portwood roundabout for May 3rd....
    Boris

First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by Boris on Sun 08 Feb 2015, 11:47 am

Stockport Ram wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:

Crikey, after that performance I think I SHOULD check out the long range weather forecast for Portwood roundabout for May 3rd....

Hope its a nice warm day to save your embarrassment Stockers.....
    Hectors House

First ever game : Burnley i think
    Number of posts : 1505
    Registration date : 2010-10-01

Post by Hectors House on Sun 08 Feb 2015, 1:20 pm

Boris wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:

Rumour has it warm weather won't help LOL
    Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Sun 08 Feb 2015, 2:51 pm

Hectors House wrote:
    Boris wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:

Rumour has it warm weather won't help LOL
    LOL roll
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 13559

Post by MadAmster on Sun 08 Feb 2015, 4:01 pm

I am one of those who queried his arrival. He was top drawer yesterday against a Bolton side that had only lost 2 of their previous 10 games. He hasn't converted me yet as one swallow doth not a summer make (neither does it mean she's from Notts LOL ).

I will, however, admit that i had the title of a new thread ready and waiting if he'd got a hattrick.................. Ince, twice, thrice !!

Oh David Nugent, Oh David Nugent, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston at the side of the road in a Volkswagen beetle............
    LeedsRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : some time when I was three
    Number of posts : 1352
    Registration date : 2009-07-21

Post by LeedsRam on Sun 08 Feb 2015, 4:20 pm

I thought Ince's workrate yesterday was very impressive. I think he is going to be a good addition, although, as most modern footballers are, he is woefully one footed. It really would help if he could take it on to his right foot. I do wonder what coaches actually do to address glaring weaknesses like this.

Super free kick. A bit of extra quality from deadball situations could make all the difference.
    chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14507
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Sun 08 Feb 2015, 4:38 pm

I was one of those who also wasn't impressed when he signed.  However, I was impressed with his workrate and contribution.  I was particularly impressed at him looking to play others in. I had the impression he was a greedy player.   I was wrong.  His shot that hit the post for his hatrick  came back out to him.  He could easily have had another shot but he looked up and played the ball instead.  I'm impressed so far.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 23 Aug 2017, 8:34 pm