New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23026
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Cracking cup tie at OT

Post by New England Ram on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 9:33 pm

Refs having a blinder...great atmosphere bloody good game.

Boris

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Re: Cracking cup tie at OT

Post by Boris on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 9:56 pm

....and great that Arsenal won Party
    Angus

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17

Post by Angus on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:07 pm

New England Ram wrote:Refs having a blinder...great atmosphere bloody good game.

First half was a decent contest, United were shite second-half the ref was awful as were Van Den Gaal's subs, this guy is looking almost as bad as Moyes. BBC football coverage is so dull and biased, Danny Murphy must be the worst co-comm ever and that is saying something.
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5209
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:21 pm

At last a ref who has the balls to book players for diving at Old Trafford.

The only real surprise is how Fellani doesn't get sent off in every game. He committed at least five bookable offences before he was booked, and three more afterwards.

Forget the stats, Arsenal clearly deserved to win - for once Wenger got his tactics spot on for 20 minutes after half time and their full court press resulted in a goal from an error, which in my book, was "forced" by pressure.

I really don't mind who wins the cup now, although I do have a favourite, obviously ! Wink
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3635
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:34 pm

Bit of inside knowledge on view tonight. The winning goal came from Welbeck knowing how useless Jones and Valencia are when put under the slightest pressure, and taking full advantage.

Good to see his time at OT wasn't entirely wasted.

Angus

Post by Angus on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:42 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:At last a ref who has the balls to book players for diving at Old Trafford.

The only real surprise is how Fellani doesn't get sent off in every game.  He committed at least five bookable offences before he was booked, and three more afterwards.

Forget the stats, Arsenal clearly deserved to win - for once Wenger got his tactics spot on for 20 minutes after half time and their full court press resulted in a goal from an error, which in my book, was "forced" by pressure.

I really don't mind who wins the cup now, although I do have a favourite, obviously !  Wink

I don't agree with the first point, United have for a long time got a worse deal from refs than other big clubs, all the stats back that up.

Arsenal deserved to win, first-half was decent and even, second-half was it more Van den Gaal got it wrong again slowing down the pace, when really it needed upping 10% and Arsenal were there to be beaten.

Hope Arsenal win the Cup and I expect they will, always liked Wenger. Sad to hear Welbeck getting booed, totally undeserved and United fans used to be so much better than that, that Glazer takeover has slowly killed their support, in comparison to what it was.
    Boris

Post by Boris on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:42 pm

Angus wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:Refs having a blinder...great atmosphere bloody good game.

First half was a decent contest, United were shite second-half the ref was awful as were Van Den Gaal's subs, this guy is looking almost as bad as Moyes. BBC football coverage is so dull and biased, Danny Murphy must be the worst co-comm ever and that is saying something.

Biased towards who Angus...Liverpool LOL roll LOL roll LOL roll
    Boris

Post by Boris on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:45 pm

Angus wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:At last a ref who has the balls to book players for diving at Old Trafford.

The only real surprise is how Fellani doesn't get sent off in every game.  He committed at least five bookable offences before he was booked, and three more afterwards.

I really don't mind who wins the cup now, although I do have a favourite, obviously !  Wink

I don't agree with the first point, United have for a long time got a worse deal from refs than other big clubs, all the stats back that up.

Arsenal deserved to win, first-half was decent and even, second-half was it more Van den Gaal got it wrong again slowing down the pace, when really it needed upping 10% and Arsenal were there to be beaten.

Hope Arsenal win the Cup and I expect they will, always liked Wenger. Sad to hear Welbeck getting booed, totally undeserved and United fans used to be so much better than that, that Glazer takeover has slowly killed their support, in comparison to what it was.

Can you provide these interesting stats Angus..I can remember a stat that for God knows how long an away team were not awarded a penalty at Old Trafford Dunno
    Angus

Post by Angus on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:58 pm

Boris wrote:
    Angus wrote:

Biased towards who Angus...Liverpool LOL roll LOL roll LOL roll

Far too many ex Liverpool players as pundits co-comms etc, some like Carragher or McManamon add value, Murphy certainly doesn't, it would be nice to get some commentary bias free but beyond the BBC. Total bias tonight both sides had players clearly diving tonight but according to Murphy one side ok but not the other.

BBC football coverage gets worse and worse tonight Lineker, Shearer, Keown, Neville and worst of all Murphy such a shame as it used to be so good. Nobody of that charisma or ability would have got a sniff of a mic years ago, what went wrong.
    LeedsRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : some time when I was three
    Number of posts : 1352
    Registration date : 2009-07-21

Post by LeedsRam on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 11:08 pm

Got to agree with Angus - Man Utd never get any decisions, history shows that they never get decisions at Old Trafford and Fergie never influenced referees in their favour. I remember the match at Pride Park where the poor Man Utd players had to shout vociferously in a referees face before Stefan Schnoor was sent off. Totally not on. Liverpool rarely get a decision in front of the kop either. Someone should sort out some sort of compensation for these 2 clubs - the poor sods.
    New England Ram
    Admin

First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23026
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 11:15 pm

Thought the ref was bloody excellent and I'm totally without agenda...who ever he plays for.

bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3635
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 7:11 am

LeedsRam wrote:Got to agree with Angus - Man Utd never get any decisions, history shows that they never get decisions at Old Trafford and Fergie never influenced referees in their favour. I remember the match at Pride Park where the poor Man Utd players had to shout vociferously in a referees face before Stefan Schnoor was sent off. Totally not on. Liverpool rarely get a decision in front of the kop either. Someone should sort out some sort of compensation for these 2 clubs - the poor sods.

I remember that match. Gary Neville had to sprint 50 yards to help the ref make the correct decision.

outsider

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 957
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Post by outsider on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 11:19 am

The only real surprise is how Fellani doesn't get sent off in every game. He committed at least five bookable offences before he was booked, and three more afterwards.

I really don't mind who wins the cup now, although I do have a favourite, obviously ! Wink

Agree on Fellini, he hacked down Ramsey who just back from injury, bit of Belgium dirty tricks if you ask me
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 13559
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 6:58 pm

Who TF is van den Gaal? His name is Louis van Gaal. van with a lower case v. Even the Sun and Mirror manage to get it right.................

Oh David Nugent, Oh David Nugent, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston at the side of the road in a Volkswagen beetle............
    DavesaRam

First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 846
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by DavesaRam on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 8:50 pm

People raving about the ref's performance in the Manure / Arsenal game seem unaware that he is to appear before an FA committee to explain how on earth he managed to get all his decisions right, as it is unacceptable practice. Punishments could include demotion to lower league matches, but a more constructive approach would involve him being sent to a succession of Derby County games to see how to do the job properly. Whistle

Posted from my Android passion for Derby County.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content