a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

Why not at the iPro?

MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13542
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Why not at the iPro?

Post by MadAmster on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 4:09 pm

At all other clubs, and in previous years at Derby, the annual "play on the pitch" charity match is played at the stadium. I have just seen this years ad and Derby are playing this önce in a "lifetime" natch at Moor Farm.

This is not every fan's dream, to play at the training ground. I've done that so want a proper chance at "glory". Why isn't the game beinf played at the iPro?

PS - shoulder and knee problems will prevent me playing anyway this year. I have two, and possibly three, ops coming up on the shoulder I injured in my cycling accident last August. Two tendons in the shoulder need operating on. One has been displaced and has to be put back whence it came and the other is damaged and needs some repair work. Both can be done using keyhole surgery but the surgeon isn't sure if he can do the two in the same op.

The other op is the biggy. Asyou may remember, I broke the humerus just below the shoulder. When they put it back together, the top piece was rotated about 30 degrees so it doesn't sit properly in the socket. A pice of it "sticks out" so that when I move the arm upwards, the sticky out bit forces the shoulder to move as well, rather than the arm just rotating in the socket. To put it right they are going to have to saw through the bone and put it back at the correct angle. That is one big op. So 7 months after the accident I can look forward to at least another year of medical attention........... and restricted movement in the arm and shoulder.

Nurse

Oh David Nugent, Oh David Nugent, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston at the side of the road in a Volkswagen beetle............
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6223
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: Why not at the iPro?

Post by CornwallRam on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 4:34 pm

MadAmster wrote:At all other clubs, and in previous years at Derby, the annual "play on the pitch" charity match is played at the stadium. I have just seen this years ad and Derby are playing this önce in a "lifetime" natch at Moor Farm.

This is not every fan's dream, to play at the training ground. I've done that so want a proper chance at "glory". Why isn't the game beinf played at the iPro?

PS - shoulder and knee problems will prevent me playing anyway this year. I have two, and possibly three, ops coming up on the shoulder I injured in my cycling accident last August. Two tendons in the shoulder need operating on. One has been displaced and has to be put back whence it came and the other is damaged and needs some repair work. Both can be done using keyhole surgery but the surgeon isn't sure if he can do the two in the same op.

The other op is the biggy. Asyou may remember, I broke the humerus just below the shoulder. When they put it back together, the top piece was rotated about 30 degrees so it doesn't sit properly in the socket. A pice of it "sticks out" so that when I move the arm upwards, the sticky out bit forces the shoulder to move as well, rather than the arm just rotating in the socket. To put it right they are going to have to saw through the bone and put it back at the correct angle. That is one big op. So 7 months after the accident I can look forward to at least another year of medical attention........... and restricted movement in the arm and shoulder.

Nurse

I'd guess that it is because the iPro pitch is in a poor state - relative to it's usual bowling green appearance, rather than the BBG sandpit/mud pool. I've not seen the advert yet, but if it is before the end of the season they really won't want another match played on it. I believe that they are intending to dig it up the day after the season ends and try to get it right for next season.
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3634
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 5:45 pm

MadAmster wrote:At all other clubs, and in previous years at Derby, the annual "play on the pitch" charity match is played at the stadium. I have just seen this years ad and Derby are playing this önce in a "lifetime" natch at Moor Farm.

Nurse

That's me skipping dinner tonight then.

DavesaRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 844
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by DavesaRam on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 6:42 pm

CornwallRam wrote:
    I'd guess that it is because the iPro pitch is in a poor state - relative to it's usual bowling green appearance, rather than the BBG sandpit/mud pool. I've not seen the advert yet, but if it is before the end of the season they really won't want another match played on it. I believe that they are intending to dig it up the day after the season ends and try to get it right for next season.

Apparently they dig it up and lay a new pitch every season. Why would they destroy that fantastic surface we had last year? I remember standing on it after the Brighton game, convinced that I had been invited to come down on to the pitch Whistle and thinking "This is in fantastic condition".

I found out about it being got rid of later on, but too late to try and blag some for my back lawn! Actually, wouldn't want this year's effort in my garden, thank you very much, it is a right mess.

And if the pitch is already a wreck, why not let the charity match be played on it? My son has paid a place in one of the teams, and will be gutted if they have pulled this stunt on him! Bang head

Posted from my Android passion for Derby County.
    Tilly

Number of posts : 1552
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by Tilly on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 6:16 pm

When I was on the pitch after Brighton, I saw a but which had been kicked up and had some root on it. It's now growing in my bathroom. This led to me asking my mother in law to water the grass in my bathroom and sounding like a drug dealer.
    chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14507
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 6:56 pm

Tilly wrote:When I was on the pitch after Brighton, I saw a but which had been kicked up and had some root on it. It's now growing in my bathroom. This led to me asking my mother in law to water the grass in my bathroom and sounding like a drug dealer.

I have some growing from the Southampton play off game!!
    purpleram

Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by purpleram on Thu 02 Apr 2015, 7:04 am

Bloody hell that's commitment Chicken, the rain was torrential that night, I was so wet I skipped the pub after the game and went straight home.
    chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14507
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Thu 02 Apr 2015, 11:18 am

purpleram wrote:Bloody hell that's commitment Chicken, the rain was torrential that night, I was so wet I skipped the pub after the game and went straight home.

Not so committed I'm afraid. My son got it. I stood in the stands and watched him!
    purpleram

Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by purpleram on Thu 02 Apr 2015, 5:59 pm

chicken wrote:
    purpleram wrote:Bloody hell that's commitment Chicken, the rain was torrential that night, I was so wet I skipped the pub after the game and went straight home.

Not so committed I'm afraid.  My son got it.  I stood in the stands and watched him!

COYR COYR
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2005
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 7:11 pm

the way that was advertised people should get their money back - disgraceful

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 19 Aug 2017, 10:25 am