COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Share
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16118
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 20116

    Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by RRC on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 6:21 pm

    Our first match in the County Championship Div Two started on Sunday.

    Lancashire 292 (Palladino, Foottit, Thakor and Taylor all took wickets)

    Derbyshire 274 (Durston 85, Godleman 76)
    The big scorers in the previous match - Guptill, Madsen and Thakor - all got ducks.

    The Lancashire 2nd innings has started as badly as their first.
    Lancashire 36-3 (wickets Taylor 2 and Foottit) at close of play on Day 2.



    avatar
    Boris

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Points : 7731
    Age : 52
    Location : Shropshire

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by Boris on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 6:42 am

    RRC wrote:Our first match in the County Championship Div Two started on Sunday.

    Lancashire 292 (Palladino, Foottit, Thakor and Taylor all took wickets)

    Derbyshire 274 (Durston 85, Godleman 76)
    The big scorers in the previous match - Guptill, Madsen and Thakor - all got ducks.

    The Lancashire 2nd innings has started as badly as their first.
    Lancashire 36-3 (wickets Taylor 2 and Foottit) at close of play on Day 2.

    Good end to the day. We need to break the Peitersen/Prince partnership early this morning and then would have a great chance of winning......don't want to be chasing anything over 250 though......
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16118
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 20116

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by RRC on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 2:59 pm

    Derbyshire are doing well - Tom Taylor has taken 6-38

    Lancashire 214-7 lead by 233 runs with only the keeper and 3 bowlers left



    avatar
    Boris

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Points : 7731
    Age : 52
    Location : Shropshire

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by Boris on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 3:19 pm

    RRC wrote:Derbyshire are doing well - Tom Taylor has taken 6-38

    Lancashire 214-7 lead by 233 runs with only the keeper and 3 bowlers left

    Think chasing anything over 250 will be tough..need to finish them off quickly!!
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16118
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 20116

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by RRC on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 4:42 pm

    Boris wrote:
    RRC wrote:Derbyshire are doing well - Tom Taylor has taken 6-38

    Lancashire 214-7 lead by 233 runs with only the keeper and 3 bowlers left

    Think chasing anything over 250 will be tough..need to finish them off quickly!!

    Forget about chasing 250 - it's over 300 now, because we can't get Davies, their keeper, out.

    There should be enough time but it all depends on whether our batsmen perform better.



    avatar
    Boris

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Points : 7731
    Age : 52
    Location : Shropshire

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by Boris on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 4:49 pm

    RRC wrote:
    Boris wrote:
    RRC wrote:Derbyshire are doing well - Tom Taylor has taken 6-38

    Lancashire 214-7 lead by 233 runs with only the keeper and 3 bowlers left

    Think chasing anything over 250 will be tough..need to finish them off quickly!!

    Forget about chasing 250 - it's over 300 now, because we can't get Davies, their keeper, out.

    There should be enough time but it all depends on whether our batsmen perform better.

    Hopefully Guptill, Madsen and Thakor will Fingers crossed
    avatar
    Agadirram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1955
    First ever game : Chesterfield in 1957 Won 7-1
    Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2012-05-31
    Points : 73
    Location : Somerset

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by Agadirram on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 6:01 pm

    Openers gone!
    avatar
    Boris

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Points : 7731
    Age : 52
    Location : Shropshire

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by Boris on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 6:01 pm

    Agadirram wrote:Openers gone!

    We're doomed Afraid
    avatar
    Agadirram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1955
    First ever game : Chesterfield in 1957 Won 7-1
    Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2012-05-31
    Points : 73
    Location : Somerset

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by Agadirram on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 6:14 pm

    Boris wrote:
    Agadirram wrote:Openers gone!

    We're doomed Afraid



    Probably although we`ve deployed a nightwatchman who could score a century in the morning.
    avatar
    Agadirram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1955
    First ever game : Chesterfield in 1957 Won 7-1
    Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2012-05-31
    Points : 73
    Location : Somerset

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by Agadirram on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 6:31 pm

    The nightwatchman (Taylor) has managed to survive 21 balls so he and Guppers live to fight another day. Only another 300+ required tomorrow.

    Down with Forest

    Shame not to use it!
    avatar
    Boris

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Points : 7731
    Age : 52
    Location : Shropshire

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by Boris on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 6:46 pm

    Agadirram wrote:The nightwatchman (Taylor) has managed to survive 21 balls so he and Guppers live to fight another day.   Only another 300+ required tomorrow.  

    Down with Forest

    Shame not to use it!

    I think our only hope is if Guppers goes berserk and scores 150+...and agree Down with Forest
    avatar
    Barnstaple Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10255
    Registration date : 2009-07-09
    Points : 12098
    Age : 50
    Location : In front of my computer

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by Barnstaple Ram on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 8:17 pm

    One thing been bothering me, how come Peterson and Prince are not classed as overseas players for Lancs
    avatar
    Agadirram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1955
    First ever game : Chesterfield in 1957 Won 7-1
    Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2012-05-31
    Points : 73
    Location : Somerset

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by Agadirram on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 9:13 am

    Barnstaple Ram wrote:One thing been bothering me, how come Peterson and Prince are not classed as overseas players for Lancs

    It would appear that they are both "Kolpak" registered.
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16118
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 20116

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by RRC on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 1:16 pm

    That went well . . .

    Derbyshire (114 all out) lost by 250 runs  Afraid

    Only Guptill (32) and Madsen (29) got into double figures in our 2nd innings.

    Kyle Jarvis (Zimbabwe and Lancs) took 5-13.



    avatar
    Agadirram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1955
    First ever game : Chesterfield in 1957 Won 7-1
    Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2012-05-31
    Points : 73
    Location : Somerset

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by Agadirram on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 3:46 pm

    Last night, in a thoughtful mood, I surmised that we were unlikely to gather the 300+ needed to beat Lancashire today and that an all-out total of 187 would be my estimate. On reflection, I thought that I was being overly pessimistic and we should get much closer to the target and fall, perhaps, 100 short.
    Checked the score at about midday and we were 71-3 having lost only Taylor but on returning home at just after 2 o`clock, I found we had lost both the plot and the game by 250 runs.
    Things can only improve, can`t they?
    avatar
    Boris

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Points : 7731
    Age : 52
    Location : Shropshire

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by Boris on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 6:00 pm

    Agadirram wrote:Last night, in a thoughtful mood, I surmised that we were unlikely to gather the 300+ needed to beat Lancashire today and that an all-out total of 187 would be my estimate. On reflection, I thought that I was being overly pessimistic and we should get much closer to the target and fall, perhaps, 100 short.
    Checked the score at about midday and we were 71-3 having lost only Taylor but on returning home at just after 2 o`clock, I found we had lost both the plot and the game by 250 runs.
    Things can only improve, can`t they?

    We will go up, you heard it here first Fingers crossed
    avatar
    bramhallram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3875
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 4135
    Age : 68
    Location : Bramhall

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by bramhallram on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 6:24 pm

    Agadirram wrote:Last night, in a thoughtful mood, I surmised that we were unlikely to gather the 300+ needed to beat Lancashire today and that an all-out total of 187 would be my estimate. On reflection, I thought that I was being overly pessimistic and we should get much closer to the target and fall, perhaps, 100 short.
    Checked the score at about midday and we were 71-3 having lost only Taylor but on returning home at just after 2 o`clock, I found we had lost both the plot and the game by 250 runs.
    Things can only improve, can`t they?

    Well they can't get much worse. What a hopeless second innings.

    .
    avatar
    LeedsRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : some time when I was three
    Number of posts : 1352
    Registration date : 2009-07-21
    Points : 1497

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by LeedsRam on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 8:08 pm

    Very disappointing. I can't help but feel that mentally the game was lost when they put on 100 for the final wicket.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Derbys v Lancs at Derby

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon 18 Jun 2018, 4:44 pm