Watford manager gone

Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11112
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Re: Watford manager gone

Post by Loughborough Ram on Tue 26 May 2015, 10:17 pm

Boris wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:I have no sources Boz, I never claim to have any inside knowledge.

I'm surprised how evasive you are but hey ho don't bother if you don't want to answer.

What point are you trying to make Loughs..it's you that's making a big deal out of a hypothetical question not me??? Are you saying the Board wanted SM to commit to the remaining 2 years of his contract and he wouldn't?? When was this discussion held?? Where does that fit in with him not getting on with Mel Morris and Morris wanting to move the club in a different direction with Clement then???

Do you understand what a hypothetical question is Boz?

I'll assume not as you seem to have struggled all night with this one, so I'll explain. There was no conversation, I just wanted to know whether your opinion would change if it had.
    Cornish Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : Sheff Wed at home, 25/10/89 - Won 2-1.
    Number of posts : 1869
    Registration date : 2009-03-14

Post by Cornish Ram on Tue 26 May 2015, 10:23 pm

That's a great article.
    chicken
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14507
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Tue 26 May 2015, 10:58 pm

purpleram wrote:Stop it Chicken, surrender to a superior intellect!

I'm sorry. I can't help it! LOL roll LOL roll LOL roll
    Mitten State Ram

First ever game : Rams 0 - 2 Norwich, 21/04/1990 BBG
    Number of posts : 647
    Registration date : 2014-05-23

Post by Mitten State Ram on Wed 27 May 2015, 3:19 am

Boris wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:And the question I asked? The one at the end

Show me some factual statements to back this up, or is it more hearsay like all the rest.....a smokescreen, an excuse to get rid of him??? You and others keep saying SM didn't categorically dismiss the Newcastle link.......I have shown you and others that he did, it's here in black and white, an interview with the BBC. It's a slur and being totally disingenuous to Steve McLaren for fans to keep coming out with this rubbish. So Loughs, are you going to stop repeating something that is false?? By all means back up what you say Loughs or don't bother posting as its meaningless. But I have said my piece over and over again. It's time to move on, see what happens and get behind Clement.

Isn't the club sacking him factual proof of dissatisfaction with his handling of the matter in private? Why else would they? For the crime of twice finishing higher than the Rams have managed in nearly a decade?

"Of all the unimportant things in life, football is by far the most important."

--attributed to Pope John Paul II; said to me many times by my old man.
    Boris

First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by Boris on Wed 27 May 2015, 7:41 am

chicken wrote:

I'm sorry. I can't help it!  LOL roll  LOL roll  LOL roll

Don't try and humiliate me Chick, I might cry LOL Have you collected your winnings yet for the Rams going up?? You were so convinced and adamant right to the last, kept the faith more than anyone...got that one wrong as well eh Hug
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 13549
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Wed 27 May 2015, 8:21 am

He did indeed say NO at the beginning of January. From the end of February the press rumours started again and kept on coming.

The difference of opinion seems to be whether he shouuld have repeated himself or just rely on the strength of his January NO.

Boris thinks that was sufficient. Others think otherwise. It's always a conundrum when press reports persist. I am on the side of refute the repeats and then say that the fact that you are staying is so hard that you will not be commenting on further stupidity suggesting thst you may go.

Oh David Nugent, Oh David Nugent, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston at the side of the road in a Volkswagen beetle............
    Hectors House

First ever game : Burnley i think
    Number of posts : 1505
    Registration date : 2010-10-01

Post by Hectors House on Wed 27 May 2015, 8:26 am

Boris wrote:

Show me some factual statements to back this up, or is it more hearsay like all the rest.....a smokescreen, an excuse to get rid of him??? You and others keep saying SM didn't categorically dismiss the Newcastle link.......I have shown you and others that he did, it's here in black and white, an interview with the BBC. It's a slur and being totally disingenuous to Steve McLaren for fans to keep coming out with this rubbish. So Loughs, are you going to stop repeating something that is false?? By all means back up what you say Loughs or don't bother posting as its meaningless. But I have said my piece over and over again. It's time to move on, see what happens and get behind Clement.

Trouble is Boz he would say NO then add things like I'm under contract or they have a manager in place. Yes he said no but i personally all ways thought he added a little BUT in there. Just my opinion it may be wrong the ONLY person who really knows what was going on was Macca himself.
    Boris

Post by Boris on Wed 27 May 2015, 8:59 am

Hectors House wrote:
    Boris wrote:

Trouble is Boz he would say NO then add things like I'm under contract or they have a manager in place. Yes he said no but i personally all ways thought he added a little BUT in there. Just my opinion it may be wrong the ONLY person who really knows what was going on was Macca himself.  

Indeed Hector..time to move on now and support Clement. I hope, in his first job as Manager, that he can cope with what is going to be a highly pressurised role Fingers crossed
    Hectors House

First ever game : Burnley i think
    Number of posts : 1505
    Registration date : 2010-10-01

Post by Hectors House on Wed 27 May 2015, 9:05 am

Could turn out to be the greatest manager in our history, can't see him being any worse than Jewell. I'll give him my full backing. Thats the beauty in all this, we just don't know where we are going to end up. Just because someone has little experience (depends if one thinks he has little experience) doesn't mean he won't be any good. COYR

Last edited by Hectors House on Wed 27 May 2015, 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14507
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Wed 27 May 2015, 9:06 am

Boris wrote:
    chicken wrote:

Don't try and humiliate me Chick, I might cry LOL Have you collected your winnings yet for the Rams going up?? You were so convinced and adamant right to the last, kept the faith more than anyone...got that one wrong as well eh Hug

Sounds like you're rather pleased we didn't go up! Just to prove me wrong. Oh dear Boris, you really are sad and pathetic.

You're right Boris, of course you are, I did keep the faith right up until it's mathematically impossible for us not to go up. Why shouldn't I? Why should I be villified for it?

Your post has just confirmed to me what kind of a bloke you really are. I feel sorry for you Boris. I really do.
    Boris

Post by Boris on Wed 27 May 2015, 9:35 am

chicken wrote:
    Boris wrote:
    chicken wrote:

Sounds like you're rather pleased we didn't go up! Just to prove me wrong.  Oh dear Boris, you really are sad and pathetic.

You're right Boris, of course you are, I did keep the faith right up until it's mathematically impossible for us not to go up.  Why shouldn't I? Why should I be villified for it?

Your post has just confirmed to me what kind of a bloke you really are.  I feel sorry for you Boris. I really do.

Your problem Chicken is you struggle to debate with those that just happen not to agree with you. If you look at my posts I like to engage and debate, but rarely get personal. I will stand up for what I think and do try to back up what I say. That's probably a reflection of what I do, complex funding bids that are all evidence-based with statements having to be carefully sourced. You tend to be black and white, this is what I think and anyone who disagrees has some kind of personality disorder. I respect people's views, like yours and Loughs, that SM should go. Clear case for this, totally valid, no problem at all.

I along with other posters on here have reviewed SM's tenure over 18 months, not just the last couple and think he deserved another season. That's what football is all about, differing opinions. I would like to think that although you don't agree, you can respect this view, a view that is equally valid. But you don't seem able to do that and instead get personal which is a shame and maybe speaks volumes as to the sort of person you are. Like Angus, the point I make about your blind faith that the Rams were going up right to the end is two fold...ironic in the sense that you didn't seem to criticise SM much over the last couple of months and also you got it wrong. You are human Chicken, just like us all..you do get things wrong COYR
    swadieram

Number of posts : 1225
    Registration date : 2009-04-22

Post by swadieram on Wed 27 May 2015, 9:43 am

Boris I have to agree with chicken she seems to capture the mood of the fans . Look at her at the top of guess the score ! So she must have some idea of the club & football. Oh and I backed the club to go up and will do this season as well
    purpleram

Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by purpleram on Wed 27 May 2015, 5:28 pm

Can anyone explain what people mean when they call someone 'passive aggressive'?
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2005
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Wed 27 May 2015, 5:35 pm

can someone tell purps to fuck off - is that an example :-)
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2005
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Wed 27 May 2015, 5:35 pm

sarcasm mode off purps - just jesting
    Boris

Post by Boris on Wed 27 May 2015, 6:03 pm

Can anyone explain the word I am looking for, little word challenge a friend at work came up with today. Three meanings of the same word....can't quite fathom it....

'A device or implement, especially one held in the hand, used to carry out a particular function'

'A thing used to help perform a job'

'A person used or exploited by another'
    purpleram

Post by purpleram on Wed 27 May 2015, 6:20 pm

Can someone tell Boris I'm not talking to him Waiting
    purpleram

Post by purpleram on Wed 27 May 2015, 6:21 pm

rob wrote:can someone tell purps to fuck off - is that an example :-)

No, I think that's aggressive, aggressive.
    Boris

Post by Boris on Wed 27 May 2015, 6:22 pm

purpleram wrote:Can someone tell Boris I'm not talking to him Waiting

Hug

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content