COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Championship comings and goings

    Share
    avatar
    Barnstaple Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10178
    Registration date : 2009-07-09
    Points : 12002
    Age : 49
    Location : In front of my computer

    Re: Championship comings and goings

    Post by Barnstaple Ram on Thu 23 Jul 2015, 12:14 pm

    Angus wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:
    Angus wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Rumours are that Boro are trying to buy Jordan Rhodes for £14m (fourteen million pounds!!!!!!!!). That is f*ckin madness, especially for such a sh*t club with a pethetically small fan base.

    I would never slate Boro too much our ground is a replica copy of theirs, they have a good fan base for their catchment, we get more in the ground because it costs less simple as that, if we charged admission like them our gates would be similar.

    They like us are putting a big effort this year the team to beat in my opinion, 14 m is way over the top but Rhodes guarantees goals at this level.

    Funny thing that though Angus. I've just checked and our season ticket prices appear to be higher than theirs. They also have this offer - "All Adult, 18-21 and Over-65 Season Card holders will again be offered a free drink either before or after every home league game". Obviously that doesn't include renewal discounts. They do however, offer free season tickets to under 11s when purchased with an adult season ticket in a specified area of the ground.

    So I don't think the reason that we are better supported is to do with price.

    http://www.mfc.co.uk/tickets/season-card-prices/

    http://www.wearederby.com/buy-tickets/season-tickets-prices-information/

    Well I do and as you know most Season Ticket holders have access to Season Tickets under £400, many way less than that. Specified area is the key we have thousands of free kids not hundreds.

    We may have the top gates in the league, in terms of revenue not so.

    We have a set number of free child ST's and have sold out. How many thousand do you think we have? How many of our 22,00 season tickets do you actually think are free?
    avatar
    thatguyfromderby

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4253
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 4549

    Re: Championship comings and goings

    Post by thatguyfromderby on Thu 23 Jul 2015, 12:15 pm

    Angus wrote:
    thatguyfromderby wrote:In what world are we criticising a club for making football less elitest and more available to the average football fan and their families?

    No criticism from me sensible season ticket and matchday prices is good business, not convinced by the freebies or over generous OAP Rates are though.

    I will criticise the prat who called Boro a shit club with a crap fan base, when in reality they are pretty similar to us, file with Forest, Leicester, Wolves, Norwich, Ipswich, Stoke etc, provincial clubs with decent local catchment and support.

    I would side with Loughie on the crap support. They get such low gate turn outs but sold out their allocation for the final. That's a bit strange. Their fans were in great voice at the final (I was there), so they have a good core base.. but they should sell more tickets.

    I just think Derby is more of a footballing town. Historically, it always has been. I don't think figures of supporters matter too much.. just because Man Utd have millions, doesn't make it a better supporter group.

    Derby is an exceptionally middle-class part of the country, Boro is far more working class. Social-politics play a huge part in factors like this, as football is still an expensive luxury.
    avatar
    Angus

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17
    Points : 2258

    Re: Championship comings and goings

    Post by Angus on Thu 23 Jul 2015, 12:45 pm

    Barnstaple Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:
    Angus wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Rumours are that Boro are trying to buy Jordan Rhodes for £14m (fourteen million pounds!!!!!!!!). That is f*ckin madness, especially for such a sh*t club with a pethetically small fan base.

    I would never slate Boro too much our ground is a replica copy of theirs, they have a good fan base for their catchment, we get more in the ground because it costs less simple as that, if we charged admission like them our gates would be similar.

    They like us are putting a big effort this year the team to beat in my opinion, 14 m is way over the top but Rhodes guarantees goals at this level.

    Funny thing that though Angus. I've just checked and our season ticket prices appear to be higher than theirs. They also have this offer - "All Adult, 18-21 and Over-65 Season Card holders will again be offered a free drink either before or after every home league game". Obviously that doesn't include renewal discounts. They do however, offer free season tickets to under 11s when purchased with an adult season ticket in a specified area of the ground.

    So I don't think the reason that we are better supported is to do with price.

    http://www.mfc.co.uk/tickets/season-card-prices/

    http://www.wearederby.com/buy-tickets/season-tickets-prices-information/

    Well I do and as you know most Season Ticket holders have access to Season Tickets under £400, many way less than that. Specified area is the key we have thousands of free kids not hundreds.

    We may have the top gates in the league, in terms of revenue not so.

    We have a set number of free child ST's and have sold out.  How many thousand do you think we have?  How many of our 22,00 season tickets do you actually think are free?

    It was 2500 in the halcyon days of Clough, I suspect it is more now and they have had to put a cap on.
    avatar
    Angus

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17
    Points : 2258

    Re: Championship comings and goings

    Post by Angus on Thu 23 Jul 2015, 12:53 pm

    thatguyfromderby wrote:
    Angus wrote:
    thatguyfromderby wrote:In what world are we criticising a club for making football less elitest and more available to the average football fan and their families?

    No criticism from me sensible season ticket and matchday prices is good business, not convinced by the freebies or over generous OAP Rates are though.

    I will criticise the prat who called Boro a shit club with a crap fan base, when in reality they are pretty similar to us, file with Forest, Leicester, Wolves, Norwich, Ipswich, Stoke etc, provincial clubs with decent local catchment and support.

    I would side with Loughie on the crap support. They get such low gate turn outs but sold out their allocation for the final. That's a bit strange. Their fans were in great voice at the final (I was there), so they have a good core base.. but they should sell more tickets.

    I just think Derby is more of a footballing town. Historically, it always has been. I don't think figures of supporters matter too much.. just because Man Utd have millions, doesn't make it a better supporter group.

    Derby is an exceptionally middle-class part of the country, Boro is far more working class. Social-politics play a huge part in factors like this, as football is still an expensive luxury.

    The support is there but they like so many clubs limit their potential by setting as higher season ticket prices as their core support allows. Then they have to charge £25 to £30 minimum for matchday tickets which their is a very limited market for at this level on a regular basis, add to that the lack of prosperity you allude to and there is the difference.

    I agree Derby is a footballing town but the North East is like that as well.



    avatar
    CornwallRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6178
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 6695
    Age : 49
    Location : Derby

    Re: Championship comings and goings

    Post by CornwallRam on Thu 23 Jul 2015, 4:28 pm

    Angus wrote:
    Barnstaple Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:
    Angus wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Rumours are that Boro are trying to buy Jordan Rhodes for £14m (fourteen million pounds!!!!!!!!). That is f*ckin madness, especially for such a sh*t club with a pethetically small fan base.

    I would never slate Boro too much our ground is a replica copy of theirs, they have a good fan base for their catchment, we get more in the ground because it costs less simple as that, if we charged admission like them our gates would be similar.

    They like us are putting a big effort this year the team to beat in my opinion, 14 m is way over the top but Rhodes guarantees goals at this level.

    Funny thing that though Angus. I've just checked and our season ticket prices appear to be higher than theirs. They also have this offer - "All Adult, 18-21 and Over-65 Season Card holders will again be offered a free drink either before or after every home league game". Obviously that doesn't include renewal discounts. They do however, offer free season tickets to under 11s when purchased with an adult season ticket in a specified area of the ground.

    So I don't think the reason that we are better supported is to do with price.

    http://www.mfc.co.uk/tickets/season-card-prices/

    http://www.wearederby.com/buy-tickets/season-tickets-prices-information/





    Well I do and as you know most Season Ticket holders have access to Season Tickets under £400, many way less than that. Specified area is the key we have thousands of free kids not hundreds.

    We may have the top gates in the league, in terms of revenue not so.

    We have a set number of free child ST's and have sold out.  How many thousand do you think we have?  How many of our 22,00 season tickets do you actually think are free?

    It was 2500 in the halcyon days of Clough, I suspect it is more now and they have had to put a cap on.

    In fact there are 3,000 Ram's squad places available, but only 2,000 can claim a 'free' ticket offer. Of those 2,000 around 500 use their membership to buy tickets for individual matches. So we give away 1,500 season tickets - however they actually cost £30 each for the membership.

    You may of course dispute these figures by saying that you know different. However, I prefer to believe the figures given to me by the people that actually run the club!
    avatar
    ShardlowSheep

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 3904
    Registration date : 2009-03-27
    Points : 4056
    Age : 38
    Location : Kilburn (I have moved from Shardlow)

    Re: Championship comings and goings

    Post by ShardlowSheep on Thu 23 Jul 2015, 5:55 pm

    I am sorry but Boro a very poorly supported team who's attendances are embarrassing. Even when they were at their peak in tje the prem they struggled to fill the ground. They cannot be included in the north east of England hotbed of football stuff because it simply isn't true of Boro. Horrible town with a very poor level of support for their football club.
    avatar
    Barnstaple Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10178
    Registration date : 2009-07-09
    Points : 12002
    Age : 49
    Location : In front of my computer

    Re: Championship comings and goings

    Post by Barnstaple Ram on Thu 23 Jul 2015, 9:10 pm

    Angus wrote:
    Barnstaple Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:
    Angus wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Rumours are that Boro are trying to buy Jordan Rhodes for £14m (fourteen million pounds!!!!!!!!). That is f*ckin madness, especially for such a sh*t club with a pethetically small fan base.

    I would never slate Boro too much our ground is a replica copy of theirs, they have a good fan base for their catchment, we get more in the ground because it costs less simple as that, if we charged admission like them our gates would be similar.

    They like us are putting a big effort this year the team to beat in my opinion, 14 m is way over the top but Rhodes guarantees goals at this level.

    Funny thing that though Angus. I've just checked and our season ticket prices appear to be higher than theirs. They also have this offer - "All Adult, 18-21 and Over-65 Season Card holders will again be offered a free drink either before or after every home league game". Obviously that doesn't include renewal discounts. They do however, offer free season tickets to under 11s when purchased with an adult season ticket in a specified area of the ground.

    So I don't think the reason that we are better supported is to do with price.

    http://www.mfc.co.uk/tickets/season-card-prices/

    http://www.wearederby.com/buy-tickets/season-tickets-prices-information/

    Well I do and as you know most Season Ticket holders have access to Season Tickets under £400, many way less than that. Specified area is the key we have thousands of free kids not hundreds.

    We may have the top gates in the league, in terms of revenue not so.

    We have a set number of free child ST's and have sold out.  How many thousand do you think we have?  How many of our 22,00 season tickets do you actually think are free?

    It was 2500 in the halcyon days of Clough, I suspect it is more now and they have had to put a cap on.

    So you reckon about nearly a quarter of ST holders are parent and child combo's? Well based on the small numbers of under 12's around me some stands must be full of them.
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13340
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 14885
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Championship comings and goings

    Post by MadAmster on Fri 24 Jul 2015, 9:24 am

    The last free ST went a couple of weeks back. It would be interesting to see exactly how many free kids STs we have rather than guesstimates.



    Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    avatar
    CornwallRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6178
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 6695
    Age : 49
    Location : Derby

    Re: Championship comings and goings

    Post by CornwallRam on Fri 24 Jul 2015, 10:01 am

    MadAmster wrote:The last free ST  went a couple of weeks back. It would be interesting to see exactly how many free kids STs we have rather than guesstimates.

    The cap is 2,000 as that is the limit on £30 Rams Squad places - there is a cheaper alternative Rams Squad membership where the kids get the goody bag and invitations to events, but don't qualify for the free tickets - this is a good option for adults who take two kids to games. To get the free tickets they have to be purchased with a full price adult one and it's a ration of one free child to one paying adult. These free tickets can either be taken as a season ticket or for individual games - but the accompanying adult has to buy at the same time. So if the parent(or other) has a season ticket, the child will invariably also get a free season ticket. If the adult only goes to certain matches, the child will use their free tickets for the same individual games. When last I enquired into how many take up each offer I was told that 75% take up season tickets and 25% take up individual tickets. As we've sold out of ticket qualifying Rams Squad memberships, I think it is very likely that the number of free season tickets is between 1450-1550
    avatar
    Angus

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17
    Points : 2258

    Re: Championship comings and goings

    Post by Angus on Fri 24 Jul 2015, 10:04 am

    MadAmster wrote:The last free ST  went a couple of weeks back. It would be interesting to see exactly how many free kids STs we have rather than guesstimates.

    It used to be in the financial statements, Season Ticket sales were used as some sort of insurance against a loan the figures were published and the free ones taken out.

    You can always work out approximately using the yield per ticket based on the top line sales figures in the last accounts. Last  accounts we had match receipts of 6.1 million, average gate that season 25000*23 = 575,000 works out around £10 to £11 per head for every fan that season plus VAT, that is excluding cup games as well. Forest had 22,500 attendance that season and higher gate income. Leeds had a similar average attendance that season but 3.6 million higher gate receipts.
    avatar
    Barnstaple Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10178
    Registration date : 2009-07-09
    Points : 12002
    Age : 49
    Location : In front of my computer

    Re: Championship comings and goings

    Post by Barnstaple Ram on Fri 24 Jul 2015, 12:26 pm

    Angus wrote:
    It was 2500 in the halcyon days of Clough, I suspect it is more now and they have had to put a cap on.

    CornwallRam wrote:[The cap is 2,000 as that is the limit on £30 Rams Squad places -

    Sorry Corny but you must be wrong as the oracle (aka Angus) on Derby County states it is greater than 2500 and he is never wrong Whistle
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15657
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19271

    Re: Championship comings and goings

    Post by RRC on Wed 02 Sep 2015, 6:12 am

    All the Deadline Day signings by Championship clubs -

    Ryan Woods [Shrewsbury - Brentford] Undisclosed
    Nathan Baker [Aston Villa - Bristol City] Loan
    Liam Moore [Leicester - Bristol City] Loan
    Jacob Butterfield [Huddersfield - Derby] Undisclosed
    Bradley Johnson [Norwich - Derby] Undisclosed
    Richard Stearman [Wolves - Fulham] Undisclosed
    Jordan Botaka [Excelsior - Leeds] Undisclosed
    Jamie Paterson [Nottingham Forest - Huddersfield] Loan
    Adama Diomande [Stabaek - Hull] Undisclosed
    Carlos de Pena [Nacional - Middlesbrough] Undisclosed
    Chris O'Grady [Brighton - Nottingham Forest] Loan
    Eoin Doyle [Cardiff - Preston] Loan
    Stevie May [Sheffield Wednesday - Preston] Undisclosed
    Gabriele Angella [Watford - QPR] Loan
    Ola John [Benfica - Reading] Loan
    Matej Vydra [Watford - Reading] Loan
    Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe [Norwich - Rotherham] Loan
    Tony Andreu [Norwich - Rotherham] Loan
    Lee Camp [Bournemouth - Rotherham] Free
    Nathan Byrne [Swindon - Wolves] Undisclosed



    avatar
    rob

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 1901
    Registration date : 2011-06-07
    Points : 2017
    Age : 48
    Location : Barleythorpe

    Re: Championship comings and goings

    Post by rob on Wed 02 Sep 2015, 8:43 am

    Vydra is a great signing for Reading - wish we had gone for him rather than Weimann

    Sponsored content

    Re: Championship comings and goings

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue 27 Jun 2017, 1:11 pm