First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3739
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Re: Realistic hopes for next year

Post by bramhallram on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 6:41 pm

thatguyfromderby wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:
    Boris wrote:
    derbygee wrote:Play off spot maybe but if Keogh stays and remains captain not even that I'm afraid.

Unless we really do something special at the player shop in the next couple of weeks I don't think our defence is anywhere near good enough to get us promoted.

I think we have got to be pushing for the play offs....don't see why not.....

I do. Our back four was rubbish in the last two months of last season and it hasn't been strengthened much so far.

Until we sort the defence out we won't be getting promotion any time soon.

To be fair.. we've added Pearce and Baird (Mr Versatile). We now have Keogh, Bucko, Shotton, Albentosa, Pearce, Baird, Christie, and Forsyth. If we sign Shackell, I think we'd probably have a bit of a brick wall defence. We might also switch to playing 3 CB's, or some other formation.

Don't forget, we had one of the best defences for well over half a season. It was only really when Martin got injured that everything went tits up.

But that's the point. When Martin got injured the defence suddenly found itself under more pressure than before and it simply wasn't good enough to handle it.

We seem to have a lot of average defenders on the books, and Pearce and Baird may be an improvement, but in my opinion we should make Burnley an offer for Shackell that they can't refuse.

chicken
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14564
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 7:03 pm

One more defender in and we're Champions.
    outsider

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1059
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Post by outsider on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 7:10 pm

Agree ^^^ need a leader and a proven defender, any ideas mmmmm
    Stockport Ram

First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5369
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 8:09 pm

bramhallram wrote:
    thatguyfromderby wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:
    Boris wrote:
    derbygee wrote:Play off spot maybe but if Keogh stays and remains captain not even that I'm afraid.

Unless we really do something special at the player shop in the next couple of weeks I don't think our defence is anywhere near good enough to get us promoted.

I do. Our back four was rubbish in the last two months of last season and it hasn't been strengthened much so far.

To be fair.. we've added Pearce and Baird (Mr Versatile). We now have Keogh, Bucko, Shotton, Albentosa, Pearce, Baird, Christie, and Forsyth. If we sign Shackell, I think we'd probably have a bit of a brick wall defence. We might also switch to playing 3 CB's, or some other formation.

Don't forget, we had one of the best defences for well over half a season. It was only really when Martin got injured that everything went tits up.

But that's the point. When Martin got injured the defence suddenly found itself under more pressure than before and it simply wasn't good enough to handle it.

We seem to have a lot of average defenders on the books, and Pearce and Baird may be an improvement, but in my opinion we should make Burnley an offer for Shackell that they can't refuse.

Dead right BR.....and we should have done it before today's deal.  Priorities all wrong.

We can still put it right though.

chicken
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14564
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 8:24 pm

Don't worry! We buy who we want, we buy who we wa-ant, we're Derby County, we buy who we want!
    Wink

LOL roll LOL roll LOL roll LOL roll
    Boris

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by Boris on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 8:52 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:
    thatguyfromderby wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:
    Boris wrote:

Dead right BR.....and we should have done it before today's deal.  Priorities all wrong.

Can't please some people...we've just signed a cracking player who should take this division by storm and been linked with Shackell who will be one of the top defenders in the League. Let's give them time to assemble the squad they want and then moan if need be Anger

rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2100
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 8:53 pm

1st until end of april and then we fuck it up - remember this is dcfc
    thatguyfromderby

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4346
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by thatguyfromderby on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:05 pm

bramhallram wrote:
    thatguyfromderby wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:
    Boris wrote:

But who is more to blame? The defensive players struggling with a barrage of pressure without a target man or defensive midfielder, or the manager being too inflexible to make a change to his system (Mascarrell as DM and Russell as a target man!?!?)

So whilst the system worked. The defence worked. It was only when the system broke down and was not changed that the defense fell apart.

However, I'd love us to buy Shackell. A defence of Keogh - Pearce - Shackell - Baird (with Thorne sat in front) could be a figurative brick wall.
    Stockport Ram

First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5369
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:36 pm

Boris wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:
    thatguyfromderby wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:
    Boris wrote:

Can't please some people...we've just signed a cracking player who should take this division by storm and been linked with Shackell who will be one of the top defenders in the League. Let's give them time to assemble the squad they want and then moan if need be  Anger

As I said, Bozza, "We can still put it right though". Thumbs up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 13 Dec 2017, 6:38 pm