Well done Chesney

Boris

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Well done Chesney

Post by Boris on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 5:51 pm

We have been done again by bloody Duckworth Lewis but even so Chesney bowles the last over..they need 6 off the last ball..what does he go and do, bowl a no ball. They then hit a 4 to win off the extra ball. We should have played 3 won 3 in this and we have actually won 1 and lost 2.... Bang head Bang head
    Loughborough Ram

Number of posts : 11550
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Re: Well done Chesney

Post by Loughborough Ram on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 6:07 pm

Captains fault actually, too many fielders on the leg side. 

The opposition needing 68 off 4 overs should be over and done but we consistenly manage to lose from winning positions.
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16124
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 6:09 pm

Boris wrote:We have been done again by bloody Duckworth Lewis but even so Chesney bowles the last over..they need 6 off the last ball..what does he go and do, bowl a no ball. They then hit a 4 to win off the extra ball. We should have played 3 won 3 in this and we have actually won 1 and lost 2.... Bang head Bang head

Being realistic, I doubt we'd have beaten Yorkshire even without D/L.

Why on earth didn't Durston bowl the last over - or any overs?

It wouldn't be quite so bad if Chesney ever scored any runs.
    He's rarely reached double figures this season, apart from one ton in a 2nd XI game.
    We are definitely one halfway decent, reliable batsman short of being competitive.

Boris

Post by Boris on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 8:27 pm

RRC wrote:
    Boris wrote:We have been done again by bloody Duckworth Lewis but even so Chesney bowles the last over..they need 6 off the last ball..what does he go and do, bowl a no ball. They then hit a 4 to win off the extra ball. We should have played 3 won 3 in this and we have actually won 1 and lost 2.... Bang head Bang head

Being realistic, I doubt we'd have beaten Yorkshire even without D/L.

Why on earth didn't Durston bowl the last over - or any overs?

It wouldn't be quite so bad if Chesney ever scored any runs.
    He's rarely reached double figures this season, apart from one ton in a 2nd XI game.
    We are definitely one halfway decent, reliable batsman short of being competitive.

We would have in that game..would have cantered to 240 off the full 50 overs...they are doing well in the Championship not so good in the limited overs game, finished just above us in the 20/20 and the win against us is their only win in the 50 over competition.
    Boris

Post by Boris on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 8:28 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:Captains fault actually, too many fielders on the leg side. 

The opposition needing 68 off 4 overs should be over and done but we consistenly manage to lose from winning positions.

Just seen that Loughs, my mistake...he was actually caught off the no ball just to add insult to injury. Very disappointing.
    Calif_Ramette

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2776
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by Calif_Ramette on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 5:19 am

As I have zero idea what you are talking about I will assume the two banging head emotes mean its a bad thing?
    Boris

Post by Boris on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 7:13 am

Calif_Ramette wrote:

As I have zero idea what you are talking about I will assume the two banging head emotes mean its a bad thing?

Well spotted CR celebration

valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1767
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 8:30 am

Think Derbyshire are going nowhere fast. Change of coach needed, and complete overhaul of playing staff!
    Boris

Post by Boris on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 9:21 am

valakari wrote:Think Derbyshire are going nowhere fast. Change of coach needed, and complete overhaul of playing staff!

I disagree Val, I think we have some decent youngsters coming through and we are not far away from being a half decent side. Just need to have the rub of the green and a bit more confidence to convert winning positions in to winning games.
    Angus

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17

Post by Angus on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 9:45 am

Boris wrote:
    valakari wrote:Think Derbyshire are going nowhere fast. Change of coach needed, and complete overhaul of playing staff!

I disagree Val, I think we have some decent youngsters coming through and we are not far away from being a half decent side. Just need to have the rub of the green and a bit more confidence to convert winning positions in to winning games.

We have a good system at Derbyshire, we do have some promising youngsters but almost all of them bowlers, finding and developing batsmen has been a problem for a long time. One thing is for certain Hughes is not the answer almost Derbyshire's equivelant of England and Ravi Bopara, loads of chances but little return.
    Calif_Ramette

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2776
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by Calif_Ramette on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 4:48 pm

Boris wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:

Well spotted CR  celebration

I haz skillz like that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 24 Jun 2018, 2:38 am