R I P Cilla

Boris

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

R I P Cilla

Post by Boris on Sun 02 Aug 2015, 4:56 pm

Cilla Black died today at the age of 72. Not everyone's cup of tea but I look back with fondness on those Saturday nights in the 80's when me and my mates would watch Blind Date before a night out....sang the odd good tune as well....
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4912
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Re: R I P Cilla

Post by SawleyRam on Sun 02 Aug 2015, 5:31 pm

The days and personalities of the 60's are slowly disappearing, my era made more distant by the passing of Cilla.

May you rest in peace Priscilla White.

Loughborough Ram

Number of posts : 11639
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sun 02 Aug 2015, 6:53 pm

Not a fan at all, her name was enough to make me switch off any program. If there is anything moreannoying than scousers it's charactures of scousers, step forward Cilla Black and Stan Boardman to name two.

Didn't wish her dead but took no interest in her life either.
    purpleram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by purpleram on Sun 02 Aug 2015, 8:43 pm

Without meaning to sound mean, I couldn't stand her, or pretty much any scouser, does my nut in.
    asotrsott

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Derby V Telford Utd 1984
    Number of posts : 453
    Registration date : 2013-07-05

Post by asotrsott on Mon 03 Aug 2015, 4:46 am

Loved Liverpool so much.......soon as she got enuff cash, pissed off!!!
    outsider

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1399
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Post by outsider on Mon 03 Aug 2015, 9:51 am

purpleram wrote:Without meaning to sound mean, I couldn't stand her, or pretty much any scouser, does my nut in.

Any thing to do with Liverpool I hate,

Maybe years of dominance in old first division and the hammering I watched at anfieild Afraid
    Angus

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17

Post by Angus on Mon 03 Aug 2015, 10:42 am

asotrsott wrote:Loved Liverpool so much.......soon as she got enuff cash, pissed off!!!

I can't blame her for that, on the other hand she was the start of the cult of success based on other people's talents, a moderately successful singing career based on some association with the Beatles, leading to her prime role as a main face of the trash TV starting on ITV, copied in the end by BBC.

Made a lot of money out of not much talent, credit to her for that but the damage her type have done for music, TV even to a degree creeping into football has been immense.
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 14822
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Mon 03 Aug 2015, 10:44 am

Lorra, lorra lorra's have come and gone. Not altogether my cup of tea but she entertained a lorra, lorra folk.
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4912
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Mon 03 Aug 2015, 11:52 am

Angus wrote:
    asotrsott wrote:Loved Liverpool so much.......soon as she got enuff cash, pissed off!!!

I can't blame her for that, on the other hand she was the start of the cult of success based on other people's talents, a moderately successful singing career based on some association with the Beatles, leading to her prime role as a main face of the trash TV starting on ITV, copied in the end by BBC.

Made a lot of money out of not much talent, credit to her for that but the damage her type have done for music, TV even to a degree creeping into football has been immense.

Nice to see you have woke up in a good mood this morning Angus, don't forget to take the rest of your tablets before your afternoon nap!
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 14822
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Mon 03 Aug 2015, 2:07 pm

Whether people think she had a good voice or not is, surely, irrelevant. She started as a cloakroom attendant at the Cavern, got on well with the bands who played there and was invited on stage to sing with them (Gerry and.... , Beatles etc) was introduced to Epstein and she went on to ENTERTAIN folk. Many of whom liked what she did. That is what is important here. By slating Cilla, IMO, you are also having a go at those who liked her. 20M every Saturday night tuned in at the height of her popularity............. she must have had something going for her.
    Angus

Post by Angus on Mon 03 Aug 2015, 2:51 pm

MadAmster wrote:Whether people think she had a good voice or not is, surely, irrelevant. She started as a cloakroom attendant at the Cavern, got on well with the bands who played there and was invited on stage to sing with them (Gerry and.... , Beatles etc) was introduced to Epstein and she went on to ENTERTAIN folk. Many of whom liked what she did. That is what is important here. By slating Cilla, IMO, you are also having a go at those who liked her. 20M every Saturday night tuned in at the height of her popularity............. she must have had something going for her.

People tend to watch anything that is put on at a certain prime time, individuals may have liked her I certainly didn't, off switch was the only option.

Just heard some producer or something being interviewed about her on the radio. It really was scouse bullshit bingo. The Beatles, the Cavern, 'wit', Ken Dodd and even Shanks all got mentioned. Minutes silence at Anfield guaranteed this weekend.
    Loughborough Ram

Number of posts : 11639
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Mon 03 Aug 2015, 3:09 pm

Absolutely certain..................Liverpool are away at Stoke Clapping
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23405
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Wed 05 Aug 2015, 11:02 pm

Angus wrote:

"Surprise Surprise "Angus is also a entertainment expert to go along with expertise on small forwards from north of the border.
    You really are a fooooooooooking know it all boring bastaward...probably this forums best ever in that department.

Ta Ra.

Angus

Post by Angus on Thu 06 Aug 2015, 8:17 am

New England Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:

"Surprise Surprise "Angus is also a entertainment expert to go along with expertise on small forwards from north of the border.
    You really are a fooooooooooking know it all boring bastaward...probably this forums best ever in that department.

Ta Ra.

It is opinion you div, you Mr Blind faith and school teacher are the epitome of boring in my opinion and I would bet others. Perhaps you have been in America too long, or you get your kicks abusing people, jumping behind your mates on the internet, complete ***** whatever.

Spelling mistakes and now Cilla Black utter ****
    ShardlowSheep

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 4061
    Registration date : 2009-03-27

Post by ShardlowSheep on Thu 06 Aug 2015, 9:21 am

She was a mainstay of British tv when I was growing up and like Boris I used to have Blind Date on the box whilst getting ready for a night out with the lads. RIP Cilla.
    Angus

Post by Angus on Thu 06 Aug 2015, 10:03 am

ShardlowSheep wrote:She was a mainstay of British tv when I was growing up and like Boris I used to have Blind Date on the box whilst getting ready for a night out with the lads. RIP Cilla.

All about personal perception, mine is her big era was the time prime time tv started to change from light hearted fun, to the scripted American style reality crap that dominates today. Black wasn't on her own, Barrymore and Beadle were others of the time.

Some liked her, a lot like me didn't hardly cause for Yankee Biggob to dish out the abuse.
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Thu 06 Aug 2015, 1:48 pm

Angus wrote:
    ShardlowSheep wrote:She was a mainstay of British tv when I was growing up and like Boris I used to have Blind Date on the box whilst getting ready for a night out with the lads. RIP Cilla.

All about personal perception, mine is her big era was the time prime time tv started to change from light hearted fun, to the scripted American style reality crap that dominates today. Black wasn't on her own, Barrymore and Beadle were others of the time.

Some liked her, a lot like me didn't hardly cause for Yankee Biggob to dish out the abuse.

"Yankee" that word alone probably sums up what a pretentious knob you truly are.

Angus

Post by Angus on Thu 06 Aug 2015, 2:07 pm

New England Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:

"Yankee" that word alone probably sums up what a pretentious knob you truly are.

No it's you who is the knob, hurling abuse on an internet chat room says everything, I could give it out all day American loudmouth if you want, not really my style but you certainly ask for it.
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Thu 06 Aug 2015, 5:00 pm

Angus wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:

No it's you who is the knob, hurling abuse on an internet chat room says everything, I could give it out all day American loudmouth if you want, not really my style but you certainly ask for it.

Of course you could give it out all day thats what you do you knob.
    You consistently Ram YOUR opinion down everybody's throat .
    Only wanting to hear what you want which is the sound of your own voice.
    "American Loudmouth" facts are off the Mark as usual !

Finger

chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14694
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Thu 06 Aug 2015, 5:15 pm

Angus wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:

Ta Ra.

It is opinion you div, you Mr Blind faith and school teacher are the epitome of boring in my opinion and I would bet others. Perhaps you have been in America too long, or you get your kicks abusing people, jumping behind your mates  on the internet, complete ***** whatever.

Angus wrote:

Angus wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:

Hmmm pot and kettle springs to mind, and that's just in one thread!
    Angus

Post by Angus on Thu 06 Aug 2015, 8:41 pm

chicken wrote:
    Angus wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:

Ta Ra.

It is opinion you div, you Mr Blind faith and school teacher are the epitome of boring in my opinion and I would bet others. Perhaps you have been in America too long, or you get your kicks abusing people, jumping behind your mates  on the internet, complete ***** whatever.

Angus wrote:

Angus wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:

Retaliation and totally justified.
    Boris

Post by Boris on Thu 06 Aug 2015, 10:01 pm

Angus wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    Angus wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:

Ta Ra.

Angus wrote:

Angus wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:

Fight

chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14694
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Thu 06 Aug 2015, 10:06 pm

Angus wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    Angus wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:

Ta Ra.

Angus wrote:

Angus wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:

Really? Even bad mouthing posters who hadn't even contributed to the thread? . Hardly retaliation or justified.
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Thu 06 Aug 2015, 11:57 pm

chicken wrote:
    Angus wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    Angus wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:

Ta Ra.

Angus wrote:

Angus wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:

Really? Even bad mouthing posters who hadn't even contributed to the thread? . Hardly retaliation or justified.
    To be fair Boris I would give you that...none the less I stand by my original post..
    Oh and personally I thought Cilla in that Black and White Dixon Of Dock Green era was good entertainment....then again our sort prefered the more simple things in life while we ate our bread and dripping sandwiches.

Boris

Post by Boris on Fri 07 Aug 2015, 6:36 am

New England Ram wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    Angus wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    Angus wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:

Ta Ra.

Angus wrote:

Angus wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:

To be fair Boris I would give you that...none the less I stand by my original post..
    Oh and personally  I thought Cilla in that Black and White Dixon Of Dock Green era was good entertainment....then again our sort prefered the more simple things in life while we ate our bread and dripping sandwiches.

Give me what?? I am lost????

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 23 Sep 2018, 3:51 pm