Football League Show

Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10981
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Football League Show

Post by Loughborough Ram on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:43 am

WOW! 

Just watched the new channel 5 football league show, what a dogs dinner of a programme. The presenters were poor, the format was horrible, the rent a crowd were awkward and the guests were lifeless and embarrassed. I can't see how this show will hold on to any viewers at all. I'll certainly be catching the goals on Sky from now on
    Angus

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17

Re: Football League Show

Post by Angus on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:48 am

Loughborough Ram wrote:WOW! 

Just watched the new channel 5 football league show, what a dogs dinner of a programme. The presenters were poor, the format was horrible, the rent a crowd were awkward and the guests were lifeless and embarrassed. I can't see how this show will hold on to any viewers at all. I'll certainly be catching the goals on Sky from now on

Agree Dalglish Yuk and the chap with her trying to be the comedian cringey in the extreme to almost Soccer AM proportions. Can't beat SKY for football, although they have lost both the Champions League and La Liga.
    Sydney Smooth

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1946
    First ever game : 26th January 1946 - Rams 1-0 WBA
    Number of posts : 1086
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by Sydney Smooth on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:33 am

Angus wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:WOW! 

Agree Dalglish Yuk and the chap with her trying to be the comedian cringey in the extreme to almost Soccer AM proportions. Can't beat SKY for football, although they have lost both the Champions League and La Liga.

Rebus was good on Drama [Ch20 Freeview].

Wink
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3581
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 12:21 pm

The old saying "Be careful what you wish for" was never better illustrated than by this shambles of a programme. Some people slagged off the BBC show last season, but it was light years ahead of this rubbish.

Goals Express on Sky is the one to watch (and I never thought I'd say that).

Boris

First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by Boris on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 12:39 pm

bramhallram wrote:
    The old saying "Be careful what you wish for" was never better illustrated than by this shambles of a programme. Some people slagged off the BBC show last season, but it was light years ahead of this rubbish.

Goals Express on Sky is the one to watch (and I never thought I'd say that).

Has the new show showed it's anti Derby bias yet Dunno
    Loughborough Ram

Number of posts : 10981
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 1:27 pm

No, it showed an anti football bias Boz
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4293
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 3:44 pm

Agree with all above, I recorded it and when I watched the first 10 minutes I just fast forward to the football bits. Very poor show indeed.
    Barnstaple Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10175
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by Barnstaple Ram on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 5:52 pm

Steve Nicholson's take on it

DET Story
    Rowditch Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1976
    First ever game : Arsenal 1 Derby 3 1977
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2010-08-08

Post by Rowditch Ram on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:10 pm

Never seen a worse football show. A hybrid cross between Top Gear and Soccer A.M.

The attention seeking audience, stood gormlessly around as if hypnotised. One guy suddenly came to life trying to get his two-penneth in, but they had no microphone near him so you couldn't hear what he was saying. Others held bits of paper up with bookmakers odds scrawled on them for the fancied teams in the championship - very strange.

Then after showing their match of the day (Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City ???? great pick) we went over to League One where the host seemed more interested in the green shirt he was fondling ... the new Blades away kit.

Then the main event. Bolton v Derby. Yes a 0-0 draw - now don't get me wrong, it was great to see us get some primetime airspace after a goal(ess) fest and not have to stay up until 12.30a.m but if this is the sign of things to come, my insomnia is cured. Perhaps Forest v Rotherham will be the 'big' game next Saturday, or might they drop to League 2 for it?

Luckily, I watched the Sunday morning version, but can be sure of one thing - never am I going to leave the pub early on a Saturday night to watch this garbage. Terrible!  Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 23 Jun 2017, 8:04 am