COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Football League Show

    Share
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10981
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13327
    Location : Doghouse

    Football League Show

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:43 am

    WOW! 

    Just watched the new channel 5 football league show, what a dogs dinner of a programme. The presenters were poor, the format was horrible, the rent a crowd were awkward and the guests were lifeless and embarrassed. I can't see how this show will hold on to any viewers at all. I'll certainly be catching the goals on Sky from now on
    avatar
    Angus

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17
    Points : 2258

    Re: Football League Show

    Post by Angus on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:48 am

    Loughborough Ram wrote:WOW! 

    Just watched the new channel 5 football league show, what a dogs dinner of a programme. The presenters were poor, the format was horrible, the rent a crowd were awkward and the guests were lifeless and embarrassed. I can't see how this show will hold on to any viewers at all. I'll certainly be catching the goals on Sky from now on

    Agree Dalglish Yuk and the chap with her trying to be the comedian cringey in the extreme to almost Soccer AM proportions. Can't beat SKY for football, although they have lost both the Champions League and La Liga.
    avatar
    Sydney Smooth

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1946
    First ever game : 26th January 1946 - Rams 1-0 WBA
    Number of posts : 1086
    Registration date : 2010-04-11
    Points : 1322
    Age : 80
    Location : Derby

    Re: Football League Show

    Post by Sydney Smooth on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:33 am

    Angus wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:WOW! 

    Just watched the new channel 5 football league show, what a dogs dinner of a programme. The presenters were poor, the format was horrible, the rent a crowd were awkward and the guests were lifeless and embarrassed. I can't see how this show will hold on to any viewers at all. I'll certainly be catching the goals on Sky from now on

    Agree Dalglish Yuk and the chap with her trying to be the comedian cringey in the extreme to almost Soccer AM proportions. Can't beat SKY for football, although they have lost both the Champions League and La Liga.

    Rebus was good on Drama [Ch20 Freeview].

    Wink
    avatar
    bramhallram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3581
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 3803
    Age : 67
    Location : Bramhall

    Re: Football League Show

    Post by bramhallram on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 12:21 pm


    The old saying "Be careful what you wish for" was never better illustrated than by this shambles of a programme. Some people slagged off the BBC show last season, but it was light years ahead of this rubbish.

    Goals Express on Sky is the one to watch (and I never thought I'd say that).

    .
    avatar
    Boris

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Points : 7731
    Age : 51
    Location : Shropshire

    Re: Football League Show

    Post by Boris on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 12:39 pm

    bramhallram wrote:
    The old saying "Be careful what you wish for" was never better illustrated than by this shambles of a programme. Some people slagged off the BBC show last season, but it was light years ahead of this rubbish.

    Goals Express on Sky is the one to watch (and I never thought I'd say that).

    .

    Has the new show showed it's anti Derby bias yet Dunno
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10981
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13327
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: Football League Show

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 1:27 pm

    No, it showed an anti football bias Boz
    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4293
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 5736
    Age : 69
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: Football League Show

    Post by SawleyRam on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 3:44 pm

    Agree with all above, I recorded it and when I watched the first 10 minutes I just fast forward to the football bits. Very poor show indeed.
    avatar
    Barnstaple Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10175
    Registration date : 2009-07-09
    Points : 11999
    Age : 49
    Location : In front of my computer

    Re: Football League Show

    Post by Barnstaple Ram on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 5:52 pm

    Steve Nicholson's take on it



    DET Story
    avatar
    Rowditch Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1976
    First ever game : Arsenal 1 Derby 3 1977
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2010-08-08
    Points : 387
    Location : Rowditch

    Re: Football League Show

    Post by Rowditch Ram on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:10 pm

    Never seen a worse football show. A hybrid cross between Top Gear and Soccer A.M.

    The attention seeking audience, stood gormlessly around as if hypnotised. One guy suddenly came to life trying to get his two-penneth in, but they had no microphone near him so you couldn't hear what he was saying. Others held bits of paper up with bookmakers odds scrawled on them for the fancied teams in the championship - very strange.

    Then after showing their match of the day (Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City ???? great pick) we went over to League One where the host seemed more interested in the green shirt he was fondling ... the new Blades away kit.

    Then the main event. Bolton v Derby. Yes a 0-0 draw - now don't get me wrong, it was great to see us get some primetime airspace after a goal(ess) fest and not have to stay up until 12.30a.m but if this is the sign of things to come, my insomnia is cured. Perhaps Forest v Rotherham will be the 'big' game next Saturday, or might they drop to League 2 for it?

    Luckily, I watched the Sunday morning version, but can be sure of one thing - never am I going to leave the pub early on a Saturday night to watch this garbage. Terrible!  Rolling Eyes

    Sponsored content

    Re: Football League Show

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri 23 Jun 2017, 8:04 am