COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Boring, Boring, BORING!!!

    Share
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11215
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13602
    Location : Doghouse

    Boring, Boring, BORING!!!

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 6:10 pm

    Am I the only one who is sick of hearing from television and radio pundits along with European football 'experts' fretting about our 'elite' clubs doing badly in the 'champions' league, worrying that if it carries on it will effect the co-efficient and we might lose one of our four spaces in the, One bag of cash or two Cup.

    Honestly, who outside of six clubs in this country will this ever affect. Personally I'd laugh my b*llocks off if we lost all of our spots in the Champions league as it's sole purpose as far as I can see is to make a select few infinitely richer than everybody else in readiness for the, sure to happen eventually, European Super League.

    When did greed and self enpowerment become the only thing that football cared about?
    avatar
    Boris

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Points : 7731
    Age : 51
    Location : Shropshire

    Re: Boring, Boring, BORING!!!

    Post by Boris on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 6:16 pm

    Loughborough Ram wrote:Am I the only one who is sick of hearing from television and radio pundits along with European football 'experts' fretting about our 'elite' clubs doing badly in the 'champions' league, worrying that if it carries on it will effect the co-efficient and we might lose one of our four spaces in the, One bag of cash or two Cup.

    Honestly, who outside of six clubs in this country will this ever affect. Personally I'd laugh my b*llocks off if we lost all of our spots in the Champions league as it's sole purpose as far as I can see is to make a select few infinitely richer than everybody else in readiness for the, sure to happen eventually, European Super League.

    When did greed and self enpowerment become the only thing that football cared about?


    Quite a long time ago unfortunately Loughs Bang head
    avatar
    Charingworth Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : Liverpool home won 2-0 1974
    Number of posts : 9224
    Registration date : 2009-02-22
    Points : 9517
    Age : 48
    Location : Rams World

    Re: Boring, Boring, BORING!!!

    Post by Charingworth Ram on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 6:31 pm

    I thought it was a thread about the football we play !!
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5342
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 5906
    Age : 52
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: Boring, Boring, BORING!!!

    Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 6:45 pm

    When I saw the latest contributor Charingworth, that's what I thought too ! Whistle
    avatar
    outsider

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1028
    Registration date : 2014-07-30
    Points : 1084
    Age : 53
    Location : Naas, Rep of Ireland

    Re: Boring, Boring, BORING!!!

    Post by outsider on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 7:00 pm

    Charingworth Ram wrote:I thought it was a thread about the football we play !!

    LOL
    avatar
    Boris

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Points : 7731
    Age : 51
    Location : Shropshire

    Re: Boring, Boring, BORING!!!

    Post by Boris on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 7:03 pm

    Not sure CR deserves his own thread Afraid
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13797
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15431
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Boring, Boring, BORING!!!

    Post by MadAmster on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 7:48 pm

    Who???
    avatar
    purpleram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14
    Points : 3217
    Location : Spondon

    Re: Boring, Boring, BORING!!!

    Post by purpleram on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:01 pm

    I thought it was a thread regarding OPEC's refusal to cut back oil production!
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13797
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15431
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Boring, Boring, BORING!!!

    Post by MadAmster on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:51 pm

    Purps, the price of a barrel of crude oil is currently the same as it was in December 2008. In Holland we paid €1.22 for a liter of unleaded at the pump but today it's €1.46. Shouldn't it be 1.22 ?
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23111
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27727
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Boring, Boring, BORING!!!

    Post by New England Ram on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 11:16 pm

    About 3000 games played thus far in this years competition and I just watched my first half of football catching the second half of Uniteds came which to be fair was a pretty entertaining half of football.
    Still not worked out how Man U are playing in the Champions league nor the other 250 non champions.
    All that crap and we are still not down to the last four.
    It's all a fu**ing drag....and by the way could Giggs look any more miserable than he does sat on that bench next to Van Hair.



    avatar
    purpleram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14
    Points : 3217
    Location : Spondon

    Re: Boring, Boring, BORING!!!

    Post by purpleram on Wed 09 Dec 2015, 7:40 pm

    MadAmster wrote:Purps, the price of a barrel of crude oil is currently the same as it was in December 2008. In Holland we paid €1.22 for a liter of unleaded at the pump but today it's €1.46. Shouldn't it be 1.22 ?

    Certainly should, Diesel 1.04 a litre tonight, should be less than a quid soon.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Boring, Boring, BORING!!!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri 17 Nov 2017, 9:27 pm