COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Fester.....

    Share
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23022
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27626
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Fester.....

    Post by New England Ram on Mon 14 Dec 2015, 11:06 pm

    It makes it a little difficult with it being Fester.
    But as someone who has been disillusioned at what passes for competition in English football dominated by three or four so called top clubs.
    I have to say it's a pretty good story at Fester...no big name Charlie players and they are just getting on with it and fearing nobody.
    The team has amazing energy...I'm not sure how long they will be able to keep up their work levels...but so far so good.
    The atmosphere in their stadium is superb...the stupid little happy clapper things they have are somewhat annoying...but the noise level is impressive.
    Shame it's Fester but the whole scenario is very refreshing.



    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5205
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 5753
    Age : 51
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: Fester.....

    Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 15 Dec 2015, 6:51 am

    They have been brilliant.

    I hope they win the league.
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13542
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15126
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Fester.....

    Post by MadAmster on Tue 15 Dec 2015, 7:35 am

    Apart from their own fans, I don't think anybody would complain about the leaders being anybody but Chelsarsemanpool. The most uplifting bit to me is that our East Midlands cousins are "a small provincial club" as were we and the Huggers before Clough came to town. Fester or not, the fact that a club outside of the usual suspects is leading the way should give us all hope.



    Oh David Nugent, Oh David Nugent, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston at the side of the road in a Volkswagen beetle............
    avatar
    Angus

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17
    Points : 2258

    Re: Fester.....

    Post by Angus on Tue 15 Dec 2015, 8:47 am

    New England Ram wrote:It makes it a little difficult with it being Fester.
    But as someone who has been disillusioned at what passes for competition in English football dominated by three or four so called top clubs.
    I have to say it's a pretty good story at Fester...no big name Charlie players and they are just getting on with it and fearing nobody.
    The team has amazing energy...I'm not sure how long they will be able to keep up their work levels...but so far so good.
    The atmosphere in their stadium is superb...the stupid little happy clapper things they have are somewhat annoying...but the noise level is impressive.
    Shame it's Fester but the whole scenario is very refreshing.

    What Leicester are doing and the way they doing it, picking some players from nowhere and developing them into top players is amazing. The manager also has taken stick way above what he has deserved, a really clever appointment, I liked Pearson as well.

    I agree, apart from the atmosphere, I do some work for some people at Leicester so got a freebie for the Man Utd game, those clappers are annoying and I fear them coming to Derby Most of the noise came from the away section, bearing in mind Man Utd's away support isn't what it used to be when we used to play them in the PL, far from it the home support was pretty poor, generic lower league songs and not huge noise or getting behind the team considering where they are.

    To be honest the atmosphere at Pride Park on Saturday was better than Leicester, although the songbook is similar in quality and actual chants, our crowd in parts get behind the team in larger numbers.
    avatar
    CornwallRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6223
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 6747
    Age : 49
    Location : Derby

    Re: Fester.....

    Post by CornwallRam on Tue 15 Dec 2015, 9:07 am

    Oh how we laughed at Leicester's unsustainable spending when they were trying to 'buy' promotion and we were developing our model of cautious sustainability. They wasted so much cash - even splurging over a £million pounds on a non-league no hoper, whilst we made every penny count in spending a similar amount on a striker with a Premier League pedigree. What complete fools those Foxes were.

    It's a really difficult one for me with Leicester though. Although I lived in Codnor when I was very young, and spent a lot of time at my Grandparents' in Derby, my parents made the unfortunate decision of moving to Hinckley when I was in primary school. I was always a Ram and a season ticket holder, but went to school in a majority Leicester City area. I grew up hating them. I even got dropped for a school team match for refusing to wear a Leicester shirt in a training session - the bibs weren't available and the teacher/coach decided to finish with an eight a side game with Leicester tops vs the rest...and I refused to swap my Derby shirt with another lad's blue rag.

    Yet I can't help feeling a bit happy for them now. I'm really enjoying that they're sticking it to the 'big boys'. I wonder how I'd feel if it were Forest?
    avatar
    Ram78

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1989
    First ever game : vs Arsenal at BBG
    Number of posts : 2308
    Registration date : 2011-01-17
    Points : 2483
    Age : 38
    Location : Ilkeston

    Re: Fester.....

    Post by Ram78 on Tue 15 Dec 2015, 10:45 am

    Hated Leicester since that play off final which was robbed but nice to see the shake up in the top four for once

    You gotta laugh at Chelsea though happy



    Super Rams The quest for premiership continues.............
    avatar
    Jackal

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 585
    Registration date : 2014-09-08
    Points : 645
    Age : 35
    Location : Worksop

    Re: Fester.....

    Post by Jackal on Tue 15 Dec 2015, 12:16 pm

    Agree I've hated them since that play-off final but I do admire what they've achieved so far this season. Never liked Pearson - he came across as a miserable git who never gives the opposition any credit. How long before Ranieri gets offered another crack at one of the top jobs?



    Life is really simple. It's just that we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
    avatar
    bramhallram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3634
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 3861
    Age : 67
    Location : Bramhall

    Re: Fester.....

    Post by bramhallram on Tue 15 Dec 2015, 2:07 pm

    Yes, it's a shame it's Fester who are crashing the party at the top of the PL. On the plus side it certainly gives all the 'smaller' teams hope and makes the PL more interesting and that's a good thing. However, it sticks in the throat that the club doing it is Fester.

    Because, lest we forget, this is the same Fester that a few years ago went into administration for five minutes, shuffled some paperwork around and then quickly re-emerged shiny and new and debt free. As someone said at the time, "Behold, another miracle."

    It's also a pain that a big noise in Fester's rebirth was the grinning ape known as Lineker. He was very prominent in the campaign to save the club, and it would have been interesting to hear his explanation of Fester's imaginative use of the administration process.

    .
    avatar
    rob

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2005
    Registration date : 2011-06-07
    Points : 2126
    Age : 48
    Location : Barleythorpe

    Re: Fester.....

    Post by rob on Tue 15 Dec 2015, 2:58 pm

    like the fact it is marginally more interesting

    don't like the fact it is fester

    and until next season couldn't really give a toss about the premiershite
    avatar
    rjrules71

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4242
    Registration date : 2009-05-15
    Points : 5276
    Age : 60
    Location : donington sur le mire

    Re: Fester.....

    Post by rjrules71 on Tue 15 Dec 2015, 6:07 pm

    NER
    One of the things I like about you, is we came from an era where you supported your club wholeheartedly, but always with a weather eye as to what other teams were achieving, and a love of football in general.
    I could name every team member from the top flight teams of our day. Well probably not now but I could then, and I daresay you could too.

    THEN CAME LEEDS

    I despise(d) that team, its manager, and outlook. They brought a cynicism to football that infected the game in that era.

    It is that behind the scenes cynicism that still prevails in a lot of clubs, and I have no doubt that sooner or later someone will be tasked with a leg breaking tackle on either or both VARDY or MAHREZ.

    When I saw them on MOTD I was so impressed by these two, but I wonder, if they are gone, how Fester will fare.

    I pray for footballs sake that we don't find out, but that little devil on my shoulder is saying "if you can think this then others must surely do"



    Every man dies, not every man truly lives.

    Braveheart
    avatar
    Mitten State Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : Rams 0 - 2 Norwich, 21/04/1990 BBG
    Number of posts : 647
    Registration date : 2014-05-23
    Points : 677
    Location : Michigan

    Re: Fester.....

    Post by Mitten State Ram on Tue 15 Dec 2015, 7:06 pm

    New England Ram wrote:It makes it a little difficult with it being Fester.
    But as someone who has been disillusioned at what passes for competition in English football dominated by three or four so called top clubs.
    I have to say it's a pretty good story at Fester...no big name Charlie players and they are just getting on with it and fearing nobody.
    The team has amazing energy...I'm not sure how long they will be able to keep up their work levels...but so far so good.
    The atmosphere in their stadium is superb...the stupid little happy clapper things they have are somewhat annoying...but the noise level is impressive.
    Shame it's Fester but the whole scenario is very refreshing.

    My response exactly. Like a lot of Rams fans, I never liked Leicester but also don't hate them like I do Forest and Leeds. I wouldn't see the Scum enjoy this kind of success for anything. But I can begrudgingly give the Foxes half a cheer just for proving it's still nominally possible. Hoping we're where they are sooner than later, and if they're still up there too when we get there that will only make it that much more fun.



    "Of all the unimportant things in life, football is by far the most important."

    --attributed to Pope John Paul II; said to me many times by my old man.
    avatar
    derbygee

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1959
    First ever game : Swansea
    Number of posts : 767
    Registration date : 2015-05-06
    Points : 840
    Location : in front of my computer

    Re: Fester.....

    Post by derbygee on Tue 15 Dec 2015, 8:13 pm

    rjrules71 wrote:NER
    One of the things I like about you, is we came from an era where you supported your club wholeheartedly, but always with a weather eye as to what other teams were achieving, and a love of football in general.
    I could name every team member from the top flight teams of our day. Well probably not now but I could then, and I daresay you could too.

    THEN CAME LEEDS

    I despise(d) that team, its manager, and outlook. They brought a cynicism to football that infected the game in that era.

    It is that behind the scenes cynicism that still prevails in a lot of clubs, and I have no doubt that sooner or later someone will be tasked with a leg breaking tackle on either or both VARDY or MAHREZ.

    When I saw them on MOTD I was so impressed by these two, but I wonder, if they are gone, how Fester will fare.

    I pray for footballs sake that we don't find out, but that little devil on my shoulder is saying "if you can think this then others must surely do"

    I remember always enjoying watching football no matter who played. I support DCFC always have, but S a kid among my DCFC stuff on the wall was a 1963 colour picture of the FA cup teams, Leicester and Man Utd and rosettes my dad bought back from Wembley. A Leicester fan at his pit got him a ticket. Mind you it was a very different Man Utd then nothing like the club now. Even Florist weren't totally hated and us Derby fans looked at their first division status enviously but without vicious hatred.

    All changed late 60s with the arrival of DYS and Revie's anti football. (is Pulis the new football anti Christ?) Now there are several sides I can say I hate, Leeds for obvious reasons, Aston Villa I have absolutely no idea why but I hate them as much as Leeds, Chelsea because of Abramovitch and Mourhinho but most of all I loathe and detest with every fibre of my body and every breath I take Manchester United! I was at Old Trafford the day we won 2-0 and 96 scousers died, each one cheered to the rafters by the scum that followed that once great club!
    avatar
    Angus

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17
    Points : 2258

    Re: Fester.....

    Post by Angus on Wed 16 Dec 2015, 8:28 am

    bramhallram wrote:Yes, it's a shame it's Fester who are crashing the party at the top of the PL. On the plus side it certainly gives all the 'smaller' teams hope and makes the PL more interesting and that's a good thing. However, it sticks in the throat that the club doing it is Fester.

    Because, lest we forget, this is the same Fester that a few years ago went into administration for five minutes, shuffled some paperwork around and then quickly re-emerged shiny and new and debt free. As someone said at the time, "Behold, another miracle."

    It's also a pain that a big noise in Fester's rebirth was the grinning ape known as Lineker. He was very prominent in the campaign to save the club, and it would have been interesting to hear his explanation of Fester's imaginative use of the administration process.

    .

    What happened there was a disgrace and a lot of local small business suffered because of it, at least some proper rules were put in place to punish clubs effectively going bang but it was years too late.
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23022
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27626
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Fester.....

    Post by New England Ram on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:31 pm

    Fester...unreal



    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11111
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13476
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: Fester.....

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:32 pm

    I hope that they go on and win the League
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23022
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27626
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Fester.....

    Post by New England Ram on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:50 pm

    Loughborough Ram wrote:I hope that they go on and win the League

    So refreshing to watch..exciting and un afraid ...brilliant .
    How sad that vardy would be crap for England given our slow build up.




    Sponsored content

    Re: Fester.....

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat 19 Aug 2017, 8:08 am