Post by Ram78 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:05 pm

MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13873
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: Dirty cellino

Post by MadAmster on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:49 pm

Will Leeds repent? Probably

What consequences to the DYS if he doesn't? A relatively small fine is my gut reaction, however, there may be a table of sanctions in the contract covering this "crime".

Do we agree with his stance even though it is US Rams who get to miss out on seeing our beloved team? Most probably do. Fans up and down the country complain about ridiculous fixture movements just to satisfy Sky. Could it be that the DYS are unwittingly doing us all a favour in the long run............?

outsider

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1060
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Post by outsider on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:29 am

They signed up to sky contract with football league so assume they new what's in store. Maybe FL should stop or cut down all fixtures changes and actually think of the fans...... but that will never happen as £ with lots of zeros on the end talks

I for one agree sky disrupt the fixtures to much having lost out on 3 games and loss of flights but I do lose out watching this game which is high profile game.

Football should be 3pm Saturday

ShardlowSheep

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 3963
    Registration date : 2009-03-27

Post by ShardlowSheep on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:48 am

Cellino is nuts and this is just another one of his crazy ideas. Whilst his sentiment on this occasion may be good he is crazy if he thinks he can take on Sky and the football league and win
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6267

Post by CornwallRam on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:07 am

Sky will have sold the rights to this game all over the world. They will also have sold the advertising slots and have incurred considerable pre-production costs. Leeds will be in very clear breach of contract, making suing them for material losses very straightforward for Sky. If this happens it will cost Leeds £millions - which will count against FFP and drop them straight into embargo. That's without even considering any direct sanctions built into the contract. e.g. points deductions, playing games behind closed doors moving home games to a neutral venue.

At this point a simple list of three names makes me grin like a Cheshire Cat - Mel Morris, Massimo Cellino and Fawaz Al Hasawi
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:14 am

CornwallRam wrote:Sky will have sold the rights to this game all over the world. They will also have sold the advertising slots and have incurred considerable pre-production costs. Leeds will be in very clear breach of contract, making suing them for material losses very straightforward for Sky. If this happens it will cost Leeds £millions - which will count against FFP and drop them straight into embargo. That's without even considering any direct sanctions built into the contract. e.g. points deductions, playing games behind closed doors moving home games to a neutral venue.

At this point a simple list of three names makes me grin like a Cheshire Cat -  Mel Morris, Massimo Cellino and Fawaz Al Hasawi

.... I always thought it was Has A Wee LOL
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4525
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:43 am

MadAmster wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:Sky will have sold the rights to this game all over the world. They will also have sold the advertising slots and have incurred considerable pre-production costs. Leeds will be in very clear breach of contract, making suing them for material losses very straightforward for Sky. If this happens it will cost Leeds £millions - which will count against FFP and drop them straight into embargo. That's without even considering any direct sanctions built into the contract. e.g. points deductions, playing games behind closed doors moving home games to a neutral venue.

At this point a simple list of three names makes me grin like a Cheshire Cat -  Mel Morris, Massimo Cellino and Fawaz Al Hasawi

.... I always thought it was Has A Wee LOL

He does seem to pi$$ about a lot!
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23111
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:30 am

Fekin twa* it's on live over here tonight he better sort it out.
    Although I agree with his sentiment regards tv and football.
    But don't let me get excited about seeing my team and pull the plug the day before.

Mitten State Ram

First ever game : Rams 0 - 2 Norwich, 21/04/1990 BBG
    Number of posts : 659
    Registration date : 2014-05-23

Post by Mitten State Ram on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:05 am

New England Ram wrote:Fekin twa* it's on live over here tonight he better sort it out.
    Although I agree with his sentiment regards tv and football.
    But don't let me get excited about seeing my team and pull the plug the day before.

Seriously. Looking forward to being able to watch my beloved Rams live set matters aright with the hated Leeds and go top of the table on their filthy un-hallowed pitch. What a turd. Surely the F.A. can deduct points for such illegal conduct? This is a gross violation of contractual obligations.

Also, while I agree with the sentiment that TV interferes with football too much, the Rams have been on TV at least as much as Leeds in recent seasons, and still get 30,000 fans at home. The difference? We're a better team. Typical tactics from an instinctual demagogue: blame the bogeyman.
    rob

First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2100
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 am

they don't mind taking the money though - twats - I agree football has sold its soul to TV - interesting article on f365 about how much can more money improve things - and it has probably gone too far - ie how motivated can someone who earns 300k a week really be - a 2 year contract and they are set up for life

also how much better is a £40m player than a £20m player
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11225
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:39 am

From a purely personal point of view I'm not all that bothered whether it is televised or not as long as we win, but I feel that on a matter of principle he is bang out of order. these games are announced weeks in advance so if he isn't happy he should take it up with Sky at the time not the day before the game is set to take place.

Unfortunately there is no point banging on about right and wrong, about contractual obligations or about his responsibility to fans of both clubs because he won't give a flying f*ck. he does what he wants when he wants and cares little about the effect on others or the rights and wrongs of the situation.

Cellino is living proof of my long held belief that no matter what safeguards are in place, you will never stop stupid people doing stupid things. The rest of us just have to deal with the consequences.
    LeedsRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : some time when I was three
    Number of posts : 1352
    Registration date : 2009-07-21

Post by LeedsRam on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:42 am

You tend to lose the moral high ground when you are charging away fans £37 in advance and £42 on the night to have a seat behind a pillar with a restricted view.

Leeds' attendances are down because 1-they are shit, 2-Leeds have an amazingly loyal hardcore but a hell of a lot of fair weather supporters who will happily toddle off to the rugby and 3-it is ludicrously expensive to watch football at Elland Road and people have had enough.

Whatever we think of Leeds United their loyal fanbase are just like us (although with a higher percentage of dickheads) and don't deserve this muppet anywhere near their club.

if Cellino or whatever his name is had made it £20 tonight he could have proved his point, as it is he just looks like a fool.
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:50 am

Just had a text to say it will be televised as scheduled
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:53 am

LeedsRam wrote:You tend to lose the moral high ground when you are charging away fans £37 in advance and £42 on the night to have a seat behind a pillar with a restricted view.

Leeds' attendances are down because 1-they are shit, 2-Leeds have an amazingly loyal hardcore but a hell of a lot of fair weather supporters who will happily toddle off to the rugby and 3-it is ludicrously expensive to watch football at Elland Road and people have had enough.

Whatever we think of Leeds United their loyal fanbase are just like us (although with a higher percentage of dickheads) and don't deserve this muppet anywhere near their club.

if Cellino or whatever his name is had made it £20 tonight he could have proved his point, as it is he just looks like a fool.

I heard a Leeds fan on the radio the other day saying that Cellino had put every single ticket up by a fiver but that price includes a pie and a pint. Now for those that want a pie and a pint it seems pretty good value but I would guess that only about 30% of any given crowd would want a pie and a pint at the match.
    rob

First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2100
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:14 am

agree with Leeds Ram - if they were taking the league by storm they would have a full house - being lower mid table for a club that thinks it is the biggest (and TBH probably should be) in this league means all the fair weathers will stay away regardless - and it is a successful rugby league town as well so if people just want to see a local team winning then they can go their (and it is probably cheaper)

Why don't they just abolish the fit and proper rule - if this guy passed it at all it shows what a steaming pile of donkey droppings it is - almost as full of teeth as FFP
    Boris

First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by Boris on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:37 am

Loughborough Ram wrote:Just had a text to say it will be televised as scheduled

Sky have confirmed it will be shown live...
    thatguyfromderby

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4346
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by thatguyfromderby on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:45 am

I'm sure he can't punish his staff for enforcing a legally binding contract anyway.. so if he does, I hope he gets hit by a bunch of additional law suits.
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:49 am

They have "reluctantly" agreed to let the cameras in so I will "reluctantly" follow the squirrel ;)

I would now love Sky to hit back and televise all their remaining away games at obscure times on obscure days and not televise any more of their home games. That would serve Massimo right.
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4525
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:35 pm

MadAmster wrote:They have "reluctantly" agreed to let the cameras in so I will "reluctantly" follow the squirrel ;)

I would now love Sky to hit back and televise all their remaining away games at obscure times on obscure days and not televise any more of their home games. That would serve Massimo right.

And give Cellino more fodder for his over inflated ego? No just the opposite do NOT televise any more Leeds games and wait for that muppet to complain about it all being so unfair..............
    Ram78

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1989
    First ever game : vs Arsenal at BBG
    Number of posts : 2359
    Registration date : 2011-01-17

Post by Ram78 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:37 pm

See that clown Evans had a dig at Sky and the fixtures in his interview too, tool!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:15 am