How confident will they be?

Jackal

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 649
    Registration date : 2014-09-08

How confident will they be?

Post by Jackal on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 9:16 am

Most Man U fans I've met over the years would usually be ultra-confident of beating little old Derby to progress to the next round. However this year could be very different. Their fans seemed to have turned on the manager, too many big name players are not performing and their style of play is not what we or they come to expect of a Man Utd side. I still think there'll be a fair few arrogant fans who will consider this tie a formality but a few more sensible ones may not be quite so confident. Thoughts?
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2100
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Re: How confident will they be?

Post by rob on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 9:28 am

can we get lvg the sack - lets hope so
    thatguyfromderby

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4346
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by thatguyfromderby on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 9:30 am

This is the exact tie Utd didn't want. We're doing well, but we're still a division below them. There's a real chance of a cup 'upset' and their hierarchy will know it. They will be gutted.
    Angus

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17

Post by Angus on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 9:31 am

Jackal wrote:Most Man U fans I've met over the years would usually be ultra-confident of beating little old Derby to progress to the next round. However this year could be very different. Their fans seemed to have turned on the manager, too many big name players are not performing and their style of play is not what we or they come to expect of a Man Utd side. I still think there'll be a fair few arrogant fans who will consider this tie a formality but a few more sensible ones may not be quite so confident. Thoughts?

I don't think they will be too confident of beating anyone at present, slow play, not creating chances, not getting players forward, not much pace in the team etc the game is about scoring goals and they don't look like getting many against anyone.

It will be interesting to see how Clement approach this fixture, although they are badly out of form they have better players than us so there has to be some respect but we can't be too cautious at home, so we will learn a bit more about the manager and how he approaches playing better opponents than we normally do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 14 Dec 2017, 4:03 am