COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Meanwhile at Boro

    Share
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22922
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27509
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Meanwhile at Boro

    Post by New England Ram on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 6:38 pm

    http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/05/middlesbrough-pressure-championship-aitor-karanka



    avatar
    CornwallRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6179
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 6696
    Age : 49
    Location : Derby

    Re: Meanwhile at Boro

    Post by CornwallRam on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 7:11 pm

    I still think that Hull and Burnley will be the top two
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22922
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27509
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Meanwhile at Boro

    Post by New England Ram on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 7:37 pm

    CornwallRam wrote:I still think that Hull and Burnley will be the top two

    Yeah my mate was up at Burnley the other week and put money on them going up.



    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15657
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19271

    Re: Meanwhile at Boro

    Post by RRC on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 7:37 pm

    CornwallRam wrote:I still think that Hull and Burnley will be the top two

    Really? I think Burnley will have to improve their results a lot to catch
    Boro, who have 3 points and two games in hand over Burnley.
    Or Boro will have to fall apart, which doesn't seem all that likely.

    Burnley could be described the division's "flat track bullies" - they do
    consistently well against weak teams but they drop lots of points
    against teams in the top half of the table.

    I'd be interested to know why you think that Burnley can overtake Boro.


    Last edited by RRC on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total



    avatar
    ShardlowSheep

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 3904
    Registration date : 2009-03-27
    Points : 4056
    Age : 39
    Location : Kilburn (I have moved from Shardlow)

    Re: Meanwhile at Boro

    Post by ShardlowSheep on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 7:37 pm

    CornwallRam wrote:I still think that Hull and Burnley will be the top two
    I think Boro and Derby for top 2 - if we change the wat we are playing and gave a massive up turn in form pretty soon.
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22922
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27509
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Meanwhile at Boro

    Post by New England Ram on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 7:41 pm

    ShardlowSheep wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:I still think that Hull and Burnley will be the top two
    I think Boro and Derby for top 2 - if we change the wat we are playing and gave a massive up turn in form pretty soon.

    Shards been on the bottle Nurse Wink



    avatar
    CornwallRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6179
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 6696
    Age : 49
    Location : Derby

    Re: Meanwhile at Boro

    Post by CornwallRam on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 8:07 pm

    RRC wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:I still think that Hull and Burnley will be the top two

    Really? I think Burnley will have to improve their results a lot to catch
    Boro, who have 3 points and two games in hand over Burnley.
    Or Boro will have to fall apart, which doesn't seem all that likely.

    Burnley could be described the division's "flat track bullies" - they do
    consistently well against weak teams but they drop lots of points
    against teams in the top half of the table.

    I'd be interested to know why you think that Burnley can overtake Boro.

    Managers that have been there and done that. Dyche is so good at getting that extra 10% from ordinary players. Bruce always gets his teams promoted. IMO Karanka is just not as good a manager.
    avatar
    ShardlowSheep

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 3904
    Registration date : 2009-03-27
    Points : 4056
    Age : 39
    Location : Kilburn (I have moved from Shardlow)

    Re: Meanwhile at Boro

    Post by ShardlowSheep on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:25 pm

    [quote="New England Ram"]
    ShardlowSheep wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:I still think that Hull and Burnley will be the top two
    I think Boro and Derby for top 2 - if we change the wat we are playing and gave a massive up turn in form pretty soon.

    Shards been on the bottle Nurse Wink [/quote
    been on the champers as been offered a new job so probably feeling over optimistic when it comes to Derby
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5125
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 5660
    Age : 51
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: Meanwhile at Boro

    Post by Stockport Ram on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 10:06 pm

    CornwallRam wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:I still think that Hull and Burnley will be the top two

    Really? I think Burnley will have to improve their results a lot to catch
    Boro, who have 3 points and two games in hand over Burnley.
    Or Boro will have to fall apart, which doesn't seem all that likely.

    Burnley could be described the division's "flat track bullies" - they do
    consistently well against weak teams but they drop lots of points
    against teams in the top half of the table.

    I'd be interested to know why you think that Burnley can overtake Boro.


    Managers that have been there and done that. Dyche is so good at getting that extra 10% from ordinary players. Bruce always gets his teams promoted. IMO Karanka is just not as good a manager.


    His track record in England is nowhere near as extensive or successful, but he seems to be a quick learner.

    I'd say it looks at present like a straight fight between the three of them, with Hull favourites - but only just. I'm not sure this Derby side is good enough to beat any of them at Wembley.
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22922
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27509
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Meanwhile at Boro

    Post by New England Ram on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 11:53 pm

    ShardlowSheep wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    ShardlowSheep wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:I still think that Hull and Burnley will be the top two
    I think Boro and Derby for top 2 - if we change the wat we are playing and gave a massive up turn in form pretty soon.

    Shards been on the bottle Nurse Wink [/quote
    been on the champers as been offered a new job so probably feeling over optimistic when it comes to Derby

    celebration




    Sponsored content

    Re: Meanwhile at Boro

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu 29 Jun 2017, 11:48 am