a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

No emergency loans from next season

CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6267
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

No emergency loans from next season

Post by CornwallRam on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 6:01 pm

I'd completely missed it but it seems that FIFA have ordered the Football League to end the emergency loan system from next season. Standard loans - the ones in the transfer window for full or half seasons will still be fine, and also I presume youth loans, but the 28-93 day short term loans will be a thing of the past.

I wonder if that will encourage teams to carry bigger squads, or rely on the U21 teams? Maybe it'll result in the return of proper reserve football.

http://the72.co.uk/47108/enjoy-it-fifa-scraps-emergency-loans/#

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-football-league-emergency-loan-10864453
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13866

Re: No emergency loans from next season

Post by MadAmster on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 7:03 pm

Emergency loans used to be restricted to keepers. Are they reverting to that or scratching it all together?
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6267

Post by CornwallRam on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 7:15 pm

MadAmster wrote:Emergency loans used to be restricted to keepers. Are they reverting to that or scratching it all together?

I've not seen any proper announcement anywhere, but I've just read Telegraph article which reckons that clubs will still be able to loan keepers if 'if they do not have a fit registered keeper who has made five senior appearances for any club.'

It also claims that standard loans will not have a termination/recall option under any circumstances. The FA have proposed that players who are loaned out can still play for their parent club's U21 team - which is the case with youth loans anyway, it'll just be extended to all loans.
    derbygee

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1959
    First ever game : Swansea
    Number of posts : 767
    Registration date : 2015-05-06

Post by derbygee on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 9:41 pm

I'd like to see the end of the loan system totally. A return to competitive reserve football and a limit to the number of full time pro's at each club.

While I am dreaming I'd like to see the champions league become just that. League champions, FA cup winners and League cup winners having a place each with the rest going into the Europa cup. It would make the cup games more important and fill the grounds again, as well as stopping teams just playing for top 4. Every game and competition would be critical.
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4524
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 10:36 pm

The negative thinking of the likes of Big Sam is astounding.

Sam Allardyce has lamented the upcoming change. “It will put extra pressure on the managers not to take young players in case they don’t work out, which cuts down our development of young players, which has proven to be the best way to develop a player to play in the Premier League,” he said."

It should read "It will put extra pressure on the managers to take young players in case they work out which will hasten the development of the young players who get game time in the Premier League.

It would stop clubs like Chelsea buying up all the young talent then loaning then out in order to spread their wages, they had 34 out on loan at the last count.

(It might also sort out out managers who tend to panic and splash the cash when things go Pete Tonge Sam!)
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5369
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 6:28 am

derbygee wrote:I'd like to see the end of the loan system totally. A return to competitive reserve football and a limit to the number of full time pro's at each club.

While I am dreaming I'd like to see the champions league become just that. League champions, FA cup winners and League cup winners having a place each with the rest going into the Europa cup. It would make the cup games more important and fill the grounds again, as well as stopping teams just playing for top 4. Every game and competition would be critical.

I may say you're a dreamer DG, but you certainly ain't the only one.

I completely agree.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:11 pm