Kings of Europe

Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5209
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Kings of Europe

Post by Stockport Ram on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 10:03 pm

That was like a throw back to the eighties.

Just in case anyone was in any doubt, it is 2016.

Kings of Europe.

Still.
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23026
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Re: Kings of Europe

Post by New England Ram on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 10:07 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:That was like a throw back to the eighties.

Kings of Europe.

Still.

Football stopped in the 70s for me Wink

Boris

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by Boris on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 10:07 pm

Kings of Europe.

Still.

Yes, enjoyed that too...did you Angus Fight
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15723
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 10:15 pm

Two teams that weren't good enough to survive in the main European competition,
    may not even qualify to enter it next season, and one is 'Kings of Europe'?

Just a tiny bit OTT. Whistle

Last edited by RRC on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 10:16 pm

Boris wrote:

Kings of Europe.

Still.

Behave Boris - He's probably been reported to the RSPCA for kicking his cat after that....
    Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 10:16 pm

RRC wrote:Two teams that weren't good enough to survive in the main European competition,
    may not even qualify to enter it next season, and one is 'Kings of Europe'?

Just a tiny bit OTT. Whistle

Yeah, but I loved it nevertheless.

Until Manure get 6 champions Leagues they will always be Kings of Europe.

...and United hate that.
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15723
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 10:18 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:
    Boris wrote:

Kings of Europe.

Still.

Behave Boris - He's probably been reported to the RSPCA for kicking his cat after that....

I'm sure Angus can defend himself but I'm getting bored by this playground spat.

Pretty please could you give it a rest for a bit.

Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 6:41 am

I apologise RRC.  I have done my lines, and stood in the corner with my dunce's hat on all night. (which, after my attempt at football in the Rams Quiz this morning is more than apt).

For those who haven't checked, or are too young to remember, here are the dispassionate facts:

Liverpool - 5 European Cups (CL's), 3 UEFA Cups, 3 Super Cups.

Manchester United - 3 European Cups, 1 Cup Winners Cup, 1 Super Cup.

I also appreciate that I should always prefix my phrase "Kings of Europe" with "English", but quite frankly the records of Real Madrid, Bayern, et al interest me less than a monkey's chuff.  

I promise I will try and behave myself in future. Embarassed
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2008
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 7:12 am

and why do the records of manure and car thieves interest you stockers - I give as much shite about them as I do real or bayern
    outsider

First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 957
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Post by outsider on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 7:35 am

United are poor . Bin dippers kings of Europe my arse. Both in poor mans champions league, nuff said
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13559
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 7:50 am

Somebody on FB this morning slating Pool fans for being ecstatic at "beating the worst ever Man U side by 2 dodgy goals that never should have stood". I pointed out that MU fans were delirious at beating us 3-1 in the Cup thanks to two offside goals.

Being as fair and balanced as ever I admitted that I too will be loudly joyous after we have beaten the red dog tree scum next week through one offside goal and an iffy penalty Party

Oh David Nugent, Oh David Nugent, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston at the side of the road in a Volkswagen beetle............
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 7:56 am

..... including the inappropriate chants.

I had hoped that the use of chants designed to antagonise based on a disaster was a thing of the past. The Scumchester fans woke me from my slumbers. Credit to the Pool fans who didn't retaliate with equally disgusting references to Munich (although they have done so in the past). Utd fans were almost exclusively busy with Hillsboro and Heysel for much of the 1st half. Time to let it go. As is it time for everybody else to refrain from Munich chants.

I hope Derby fans continue to refrain from such things.

Oh David Nugent, Oh David Nugent, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston at the side of the road in a Volkswagen beetle............
    Angus

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17

Post by Angus on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 8:25 am

Kings of Europe.

Still.

What in the Mickey Mouse Cup and even in that like all English teams these days when they play anyone decent scousers will get turned over, hardly the 80s.

Much as I dislike Liverpool and Liverpool FC I do like the way Klopp goes about his business and I like the style of play, hunting in packs and going after the opponent, he is a big upgrade on Rodgers. They though need a complete new back four and keeper to hope to end the 26 years without a title.

A little like Derby under Mac, when they get on top and suffocate the opposition they look great, under pressure though very brittle.
    Angus

Post by Angus on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 8:36 am

RRC wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    Boris wrote:

Kings of Europe.

Still.

I'm sure Angus can defend himself but I'm getting bored by this playground spat.

Pretty please could you give it a rest for a bit.

Promise I won't bite no point going over old ground on that, I think we should all concentrate on the real big issue in football DARREN WASSALL IS DCFC MANAGER, no more needs adding to that.
    Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:43 pm

rob wrote:and why do the records of manure and car thieves interest you stockers - I give as much shite about them as I do real or bayern

...Because I spent three of the best years of my life at Liverpool University in the mid eighties, during Heysel, and suffered the stupidity and downright crassness of Man Utd fans at the time, and ever since. I was also beaten up outside Old Trafford during that time, oddly enough when attending as a neutral.

We all know how much fun the Mancs had when we were beating them at Old Trafford on the day of Hillsborough. Their responses were beneath human. As they were last night. Thank goodness the club has had the sense to distance itself from it.

I am bitter.....and proud of what I believe in, and happy to share it with anyone.

A huge number of Manchester United fans are hard working, decent, honest people.... but I hate the Divine-Righteousness of their support for their club. It borders on arrogance and in many cases, disrespect.

Well, you did ask...
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Sat 12 Mar 2016, 8:11 am

Stockport Ram wrote:
    rob wrote:and why do the records of manure and car thieves interest you stockers - I give as much shite about them as I do real or bayern

...Because I spent three of the best years of my life at Liverpool University in the mid eighties, during Heysel, and suffered the stupidity and downright crassness of Man Utd fans at the time, and ever since.  I was also beaten up outside Old Trafford during that time, oddly enough when attending as a neutral.

We all know how much fun the Mancs had when we were beating them at Old Trafford on the day of Hillsborough.  Their responses were beneath human.  As they were last night. Thank goodness the club has had the sense to distance itself from it.

I am bitter.....and proud of what I believe in, and happy to share it with anyone.

A huge number of Manchester United fans are hard working, decent, honest people.... but I hate the Divine-Righteousness of their support for their club. It borders on arrogance and in many cases, disrespect.  

Well, you did ask...

You can add the taunts of some red bastard Mancs to an old family friend who lay dying outside Hillsboro as a result of a heart attack post match 1976 to SR's thoughts. Same game, I was stood on the Hillsboro Kop and had to ward off several attacks during the game.

Here in Holland, Ajax are accused of arrogance. I always tell them they can take lessons on arrogance from MUFC.

Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:14 pm

Bump.
    outsider

First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 957
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Post by outsider on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:35 pm

Have they bin dippers won it them ????

No its semi final place Anger
    Boris

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by Boris on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:45 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:Bump.

4 Bumps celebration
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:59 pm

After 8 minutes I thought it was over. At 2-1 I thought they had a chance. At 3-1 I thought they had blown it. 3-2 had me thinking 3-3 wouldn't get them extra time even. At 3-3 I thought Dortmund would do what Germans tend to do................. but Klopp outGermanned them and my muckah Jeremy Hodge who has been referred to a a Posh Scouser (Oxymoron there) will be over the moon.

derbygee

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1959
    First ever game : Swansea
    Number of posts : 767
    Registration date : 2015-05-06

Post by derbygee on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:03 am

MadAmster wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:

...Because I spent three of the best years of my life at Liverpool University in the mid eighties, during Heysel, and suffered the stupidity and downright crassness of Man Utd fans at the time, and ever since.  I was also beaten up outside Old Trafford during that time, oddly enough when attending as a neutral.

We all know how much fun the Mancs had when we were beating them at Old Trafford on the day of Hillsborough.  Their responses were beneath human.  As they were last night. Thank goodness the club has had the sense to distance itself from it.

Well, you did ask...

You can add the taunts of some red bastard Mancs to an old family friend who lay dying outside Hillsboro as a result of a heart attack post match 1976 to SR's thoughts. Same game, I was stood on the Hillsboro Kop and had to ward off several attacks during the game.

Here in Holland, Ajax are accused of arrogance. I always tell them they can take lessons on arrogance from MUFC.

What happened at Hillsborough that day scarred a lot of us for life. In my eyes and those of my family United will always be vermin. I'd sooner see Forest win the league than watch Utd win another game. We travelled over Woodhead to the game at Old Trafford passing car loads and bus loads of happy fans going the other way, I'll never forget the return journey, you could feel the sorrow from the cars coming the other , it was absolutely awful. I really am enjoying LVGs mess.

Just a point of interest Utd screwed up dramatically after Busby going through 25 years without a title. They seem to be repeating history Clapping
    Angus

Post by Angus on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:25 am

derbygee wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:

Well, you did ask...

What happened at Hillsborough that day scarred a lot of us for life. In my eyes and those of my family United will always be vermin. I'd sooner see Forest win the league than watch Utd win another game. We travelled over Woodhead to the game at Old Trafford passing car loads and bus loads of happy fans going the other way, I'll never forget the return journey, you could feel the sorrow from the cars coming the other , it was absolutely awful. I really am enjoying LVGs mess.

Just a point of interest Utd screwed up dramatically after Busby going through 25 years without a title. They seem to be repeating history Clapping

I was at that game and it was pretty despicable, however it was shouted down pretty quickly, some scum fans have latched on to United over the years but who else can create an atmosphere like United did at Derby this season, nobody that I have seen. Their hard core support is second to nobody in this country.

Some Derby fans have held a grudge against United ever since that incident you refer to, on the other hand most Forest fans absolutely despise Liverpool ever since Hillsborough and that has passed through the generations, same to a lesser degree with Sheffield Wednesday.

Van Gaal on the whole has been a fail but there seem to be some very good young players coming into the team now, so he may hand over something to be developed further.
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:07 am

I hope not!! As well as my experiences at THAT semi final, you can add all the crying in their beer MU associated folk did between 1976 and 1992 when all those other "no mark", inconsequential, little clubs like Ipswich, Villa, Tree Scum, Everton, Citeh, DYS, Arsenal, Liverpool and, of course, the ever mighty Rams had the temerity to win THEIR title. It should be illegal was about the gist of it. MU associates believed they had a RIGHT to the title. They didn't, don't and never will. The same applies to everybody else as well.

Those "associated" started with the MU board, Manager, Staff, players and staff.

Mardy, arrogant. Not traits I appreciate in people. So it is not a dislike generated by one instance or multiple instances on one day. My feelings built up over a quarter of a century. Strangely enough. It is about the same time span now for Liverpool without a League title. All the reds I know, and I know a lot, say the reason is they have simply not been good and/or consistent enough barring 2 seasons where they were and then threw it away at the death. No crying in their beer, no saying it's unfair....... a totally different viewpoint to the red half of Mancuria.

Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:28 am

MadAmster wrote:I hope not!! As well as my experiences at THAT semi final, you can add all the crying in their beer MU associated folk did between 1976 and 1992 when all those other "no mark", inconsequential, little clubs like Ipswich, Villa, Tree Scum, Everton, Citeh, DYS, Arsenal, Liverpool and, of course, the ever mighty Rams had the temerity to win THEIR  title. It should be illegal was about the gist of it. MU associates believed they had a RIGHT to the title. They didn't, don't and never will. The same applies to everybody else as well.

Those "associated" started with the MU board, Manager, Staff, players and staff.

Mardy, arrogant. Not traits I appreciate in people. So it is not a dislike generated by one instance or multiple instances on one day. My feelings built up over a quarter of a century. Strangely enough. It is about the same time span now for Liverpool without a League title. All the reds I know, and I know a lot, say the reason is they have simply not been good and/or consistent enough barring 2 seasons where they were and then threw it away at the death. No crying in their beer, no saying it's unfair....... a totally different viewpoint to the red half of Mancuria.

We are definitely twins, MA - You're obviously the younger one ! Thumbs up
    Barnstaple Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10214
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by Barnstaple Ram on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 12:35 pm

As you say Angus things are passed down through generations but it happens with all teams including Manure

After the famour Wanchope game my wife and I were walking back to our car. We had been in a corporate box (actually more a breakfast bar with a window) so left the ground a little later than most fans. We walked behind a family of manure fans. One of the sons said something to his dad who replied "Teams like Derby have no right coming here and winning, we are bigger and more famous than them."

Like others have said arrogance and the feeling it is theie right to win things.

As for creating an atmosphere I can think of other teams in our division who could do so with th same about of tickets they had that night

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 23 Aug 2017, 8:30 pm