COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    pm sticking in outbox

    Share
    avatar
    derbygee

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1959
    First ever game : Swansea
    Number of posts : 767
    Registration date : 2015-05-06
    Points : 840
    Location : in front of my computer

    pm sticking in outbox

    Post by derbygee on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 8:52 am

    I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong but the last 3 PMs I have tried to send have stuck in my outbox. tried resending copying etc but they still hang around.

    Any help appreciated
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15880
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19683

    Re: pm sticking in outbox

    Post by RRC on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 10:35 am

    If the PMs are shown in your inbox, there's unlikely to be a problem with the software.

    I'm afraid some members don't open PMs - they may forget - and anyway they're not obliged to.

    You could try naming them in a post here to jog their memories.



    avatar
    derbygee

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1959
    First ever game : Swansea
    Number of posts : 767
    Registration date : 2015-05-06
    Points : 840
    Location : in front of my computer

    Re: pm sticking in outbox

    Post by derbygee on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 11:11 am

    RRC wrote:If the PMs are shown in your inbox, there's unlikely to be a problem with the software.

    I'm afraid some members don't open PMs - they may forget - and anyway they're not obliged to.

    You could try naming them in a post here to jog their memories.

    So if they don't show in my sent box it could be just that they are waiting to be opened? They are replies to messages if that makes a difference
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15880
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19683

    Re: pm sticking in outbox

    Post by RRC on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 11:59 am

    derbygee wrote:
    RRC wrote:If the PMs are shown in your inbox, there's unlikely to be a problem with the software.

    I'm afraid some members don't open PMs - they may forget - and anyway they're not obliged to.

    You could try naming them in a post here to jog their memories.

    So if they don't show in my sent box it could be just that they are waiting to be opened?  They are replies to messages if that makes a difference

    Sorry, I should have said OUTBOX in my reply.

    If a PM appears in your OUTBOX, the person hasn't opened the PM.

    When it's been opened, the PM appears in your SENT BOX (and it no longer appears in your OUTBOX).



    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13869
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15515
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: pm sticking in outbox

    Post by MadAmster on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 1:22 pm

    I was about to say that RRC. Mystery solved DG.
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23111
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27727
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: pm sticking in outbox

    Post by New England Ram on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 1:44 pm

    Personally I would fekin love it if the PM was in the outbox.
    Pompous Prat.



    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10245
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11259
    Age : 54
    Location : Derby

    Re: pm sticking in outbox

    Post by Mucker1884 on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 1:48 pm

    derbygee wrote:I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong but the last 3 PMs I have tried to send have stuck in my outbox. tried resending copying etc but they still hang around.

    Any help appreciated


    Sorry mate.  I've been off air for a while, and only just noticed them.  I've replied now... and yes, I have (finally!!) managed to beat your high score.  Two bloody years eh?  Didn't think you'd hold the title that long, so well done you!

    I tried sending you proof, but couldn't do it through the PM thing, so I took this snapshot...




    Same time this Friday?  Toast
    avatar
    derbygee

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1959
    First ever game : Swansea
    Number of posts : 767
    Registration date : 2015-05-06
    Points : 840
    Location : in front of my computer

    Re: pm sticking in outbox

    Post by derbygee on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 3:00 pm

    RRC wrote:
    derbygee wrote:
    RRC wrote:If the PMs are shown in your inbox, there's unlikely to be a problem with the software.

    I'm afraid some members don't open PMs - they may forget - and anyway they're not obliged to.

    You could try naming them in a post here to jog their memories.

    So if they don't show in my sent box it could be just that they are waiting to be opened?  They are replies to messages if that makes a difference

    Sorry, I should have said OUTBOX in my reply.

    If a PM appears in your OUTBOX, the person hasn't opened the PM.

    When it's been opened, the PM appears in your SENT BOX (and it no longer appears in your OUTBOX).

    cool thank you
    avatar
    derbygee

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1959
    First ever game : Swansea
    Number of posts : 767
    Registration date : 2015-05-06
    Points : 840
    Location : in front of my computer

    Re: pm sticking in outbox

    Post by derbygee on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 3:02 pm

    Mucker1884 wrote:
    derbygee wrote:I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong but the last 3 PMs I have tried to send have stuck in my outbox. tried resending copying etc but they still hang around.

    Any help appreciated


    Sorry mate.  I've been off air for a while, and only just noticed them.  I've replied now... and yes, I have (finally!!) managed to beat your high score.  Two bloody years eh?  Didn't think you'd hold the title that long, so well done you!

    I tried sending you proof, but couldn't do it through the PM thing, so I took this snapshot...




    Same time this Friday?  Toast

    er pardon ?
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10245
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11259
    Age : 54
    Location : Derby

    Re: pm sticking in outbox

    Post by Mucker1884 on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 5:06 pm

    Granted!
    avatar
    derbygee

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1959
    First ever game : Swansea
    Number of posts : 767
    Registration date : 2015-05-06
    Points : 840
    Location : in front of my computer

    Re: pm sticking in outbox

    Post by derbygee on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 5:57 pm

    Drink
    Mucker1884 wrote:Granted!

    Sponsored content

    Re: pm sticking in outbox

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed 13 Dec 2017, 4:48 pm