COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    England?

    Share
    avatar
    purpleram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14
    Points : 3217
    Location : Spondon

    England?

    Post by purpleram on Sat 26 Mar 2016, 9:50 pm

    Bloody hell, skilful, fast, intelligent football. We could do it in the Euros (if he leaves Rooney at home).
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10996
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13346
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: England?

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Sat 26 Mar 2016, 9:55 pm

    f*ckin no chance Purps because when it comes down to it Hodgson will bottle it and go back to the tried and trusted old guard. Rooney will play if he is fit, Hodgson has said so, so temper any positives with the reality that we will never win anything with Hodgson in charge
    avatar
    purpleram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14
    Points : 3217
    Location : Spondon

    Re: England?

    Post by purpleram on Sat 26 Mar 2016, 9:59 pm

    Lets hope the fat has been (never was) is injured then mate
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10996
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13346
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: England?

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Sat 26 Mar 2016, 10:07 pm

    couldn't agree more Purps. Better hope that Jack Wiltshire doesn't make an appearance before the end of the season or he'll go as well.
    avatar
    outsider

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 892
    Registration date : 2014-07-30
    Points : 945
    Age : 53
    Location : Naas, Rep of Ireland

    Re: England?

    Post by outsider on Sat 26 Mar 2016, 10:09 pm

    Gulp, not the display we was looking for, england looking good tonight, we struggled against northern Ireland .

    Confidence has drained this side of the severn
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13349
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 14896
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: England?

    Post by MadAmster on Sat 26 Mar 2016, 10:57 pm

    I fully expected a hammering, yet we beat the Germans at their own game, coming on strong at the end.

    Their disallowed goal was actually a good un and should not have been chalked off.

    For their 1st once Butland kicked the ball out he knew he was hurt and should have gone down.

    2nd was good.

    We then scored 3 goals we would never score of Rooney, Wilshire etc were on the park.

    We might have a chance of a decent run in France provided Hodgson sees sense.



    Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13349
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 14896
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: England?

    Post by MadAmster on Sat 26 Mar 2016, 11:01 pm

    Two Nil Down
    Three two up
    Two World Wars
    And one World cup
    la la, la la, la la la, la la

    LOL roll



    Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5125
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 5660
    Age : 51
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: England?

    Post by Stockport Ram on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 12:54 am

    Far too many beers later, my facebook post :

    I almost posted at half time,  and I really wish I had.
    We were magnificent, both before and after we went two nil down. Forget Peters and Bobby, and Leon...... and Nobby....Dier was as good as Deli Alli even before he scored the winner.
    Friendly? That was the German first XI.
    If only we will press like that, come the summer.

    No Rooney. No Wilshere.

    Roy - take note.
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22922
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27509
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: England?

    Post by New England Ram on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 2:02 am

    England reach a cricket semi final and the football team gives Germany a 2-0 lead in their own back yard and beats em with kids.
    Germany obviously always a different proposition once they get their tournament helmets on !!
    A good and exciting day none the less..if Roy takes that horrible little sick note from Arsenal he wants his head looking at.
    And Rooney nothing but a 3 or 4th choice forward or a reserve midfielder..no way should he even be considered as a starter.
    If they go with youth and get hammered would any of us really give a shi* given we have all lived through multiple let downs by so called established stars.

    And by the way had Messi or Neymar scored the goal that Vardy did the football world would be wetting itself.



    avatar
    purpleram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14
    Points : 3217
    Location : Spondon

    Re: England?

    Post by purpleram on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 12:57 pm

    Bit harsh NER Wilshire is a sicknote, but if he wasn't he had great potential. Too far gone now I would guess.
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10227
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11241
    Age : 54
    Location : Derby

    Re: England?

    Post by Mucker1884 on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 1:22 pm

    Think this was the first time I 'd seen England since the last WC (Or was the one before last?), and although I wasn't watching it properly, it was on in the background, and I must say, what little bits I noticed I was rather impressed with them.
    OK, I didn't recognise anyone, other than the keeper looked familiar before he went off, and the lad who came on as sub up front (as I've seen him on Central News quite a bit recently!), but they looked alright to me, particularly second half, of course.  
    Has that fat lad from Everton retired now?  He looked promising a few years back!
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22922
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27509
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: England?

    Post by New England Ram on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 1:24 pm

    purpleram wrote:Bit harsh NER Wilshire is a sicknote, but if he wasn't he had great potential. Too far gone now I would guess.

    Can't stick him Purps...everything I hate about today's so called footballers...



    avatar
    derbygee

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1959
    First ever game : Swansea
    Number of posts : 767
    Registration date : 2015-05-06
    Points : 840
    Location : in front of my computer

    Re: England?

    Post by derbygee on Mon 28 Mar 2016, 6:24 pm

    I stopped caring about England when Revie was boss.

    avatar
    ShardlowSheep

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 3904
    Registration date : 2009-03-27
    Points : 4056
    Age : 39
    Location : Kilburn (I have moved from Shardlow)

    Re: England?

    Post by ShardlowSheep on Tue 29 Mar 2016, 8:48 am

    It is refreshing to see them playing with  a bit of flair and freedom and with good new players coming through.  But I am sure that the most over rated footballer in the history of the game will still start at the euros if fit.  They will squeeze him in some.  Our only hope is his injury doesn't clear up in time or he picks up another one.
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5125
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 5660
    Age : 51
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: England?

    Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 29 Mar 2016, 10:18 pm

    A clear lack of strength in depth showed tonight though.

    Walker - Marvellous athlete but not a premiership footballer, let alone an international one.

    Barclay - May come good, but poor first touch (which cannot be taught now), and miles behind Deli Alli in creating that moment of brilliance between the lines which will win tight knock out games.

    Milner - Slower than Rooney, who is England's current version of United's Berbatov - in the 21st century you simply cannot have an offensive player who slows the play down by nature as he does.

    Sturridge. Far too selfish. A rich man's Ince. No idea that football is a team game.
    Don't even bother with a boarding pass, mate.


    Drinkwater - Far better than Wilshere in the holding role, but not as good as Dier. If you are ever fit, Jack, take your PS4 round to Daniel's in the summer.

    Clyne at right back, Rose was excellent at the weekend but showed vulnerability tonight so the jury has to be out.

    Smalling nailed on, Stones his partner for me. Cahill a quality deputy, Jagielka a liability as he proved in the last world cup.

    Vardy was an unqualified success, he has to start - although Kane (a poorer first touch, and no pace) is as good a sniper.

    The fifth striker berth is up for grabs - Kane, Vardy, Wellbeck, Rooney and a.n.other - Walcott gives us another pace option.


    Please Roy do NOT take players whose default option is either negative or to slow the pace down. Winning tournaments takes bravery.


    I would actually take Rooney to do Henderson's job, as he is a better footballer.
    avatar
    Angus

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17
    Points : 2258

    Re: England?

    Post by Angus on Wed 30 Mar 2016, 8:59 am

    Stockport Ram wrote:A clear lack of strength in depth showed tonight though.

    Walker - Marvellous athlete but not a premiership footballer, let alone an international one.

    Barclay - May come good, but poor first touch (which cannot be taught now), and miles behind Deli Alli in creating that moment of brilliance between the lines which will win tight knock out games.

    Milner - Slower than Rooney, who is England's current version of United's Berbatov - in the 21st century you simply cannot have an offensive player who slows the play down by nature as he does.

    Sturridge.  Far too selfish. A rich man's Ince.  No idea that football is a team game.
     Don't even bother with a boarding pass, mate.


    Drinkwater - Far better than Wilshere in the holding role, but not as good as Dier.  If you are ever fit, Jack, take your PS4 round to Daniel's in the summer.

    Clyne at right back, Rose was excellent at the weekend but showed vulnerability tonight so the jury has to be out.

    Smalling nailed on, Stones his partner for me. Cahill a quality deputy, Jagielka a liability as he proved in the last world cup.

    Vardy was an unqualified success, he has to start - although Kane (a poorer first touch, and no pace) is as good a sniper.

    The fifth striker berth is up for grabs - Kane, Vardy, Wellbeck, Rooney and a.n.other - Walcott gives us another pace option.


    Please Roy do NOT take players whose default option is either negative or to slow the pace down.  Winning tournaments takes bravery.


    I would actually take Rooney to do Henderson's job, as he is a better footballer.

    Likely to be hot in France we need players who can keep the ball and have the intelligence to play fast in short bursts, to be honest hot conditions don't suit English players and that is the main reason we find these tournaments hard.

    Hopefully this new bunch of players don't let the fame go to their heads and don't end up as horrible as some of the last lot.

    Rooney should have dropped back to midfield a few years back as Fergie wanted as a striker he is finished at top level, probably too late now to drop back. Kane looks to me the best all round striker we have produced since Shearer in his early days he has to play.

    We probably don't have enough quality in midfield to beat the best teams I can see why Roy is keen on Wilshire playing but his injury sounds chronic so not too hopeful there. At the back too we look short, I saw Clyne at Old Trafford he is no defender, Smalling is no Terry or Ferdinand, Stones is promising but error prone at present, he may get better but that isn't certain.

    Hopefully for once England can go and at least be positive and there are a few players who can become real stars. At present this lot should be easier to get behind than Cole, Gerrard and Terry.
    avatar
    thatguyfromderby

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4254
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 4550

    Re: England?

    Post by thatguyfromderby on Wed 30 Mar 2016, 6:32 pm

    A little glimmer of hope for everyone; Hodgson has at no point said he will start Rooney. In fact, when asked, he simply said that (and I'm paraphrasing)" Rooney is captain and has a very important role to play for England". This is true, Rooney SHOULD be in the squad, let's not forget that he has scored a hell of a lot of goals for England in his time, he's just not what we need anymore (unless coming from the bench). However, his experience will be invaluable to such a young squad (average age was 24 on Saturday). I think this diplomatic answer was Hodgson showing his hand a little. Vardy and Kane have to start.. I think every man, woman and child can see this (even forest fans can see it).
    avatar
    derbygee

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1959
    First ever game : Swansea
    Number of posts : 767
    Registration date : 2015-05-06
    Points : 840
    Location : in front of my computer

    Re: England?

    Post by derbygee on Wed 30 Mar 2016, 6:44 pm

    thatguyfromderby wrote:A little glimmer of hope for everyone; Hodgson has at no point said he will start Rooney. In fact, when asked, he simply said that (and I'm paraphrasing)" Rooney is captain and has a very important role to play for England". This is true, Rooney SHOULD be in the squad, let's not forget that he has scored a hell of a lot of goals for England in his time, he's just not what we need anymore (unless coming from the bench). However, his experience will be invaluable to such a young squad (average age was 24 on Saturday). I think this diplomatic answer was Hodgson showing his hand a little. Vardy and Kane have to start.. I think every man, woman and child can see this (even forest fans can see it).

    If the papers are to be believed he should actually be in jail for theft
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13349
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 14896
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: England?

    Post by MadAmster on Thu 31 Mar 2016, 9:39 am

    Normal service resumed against Holland.

    2 friendlies. 1 win and 1 defeat expected which is what we got, however, the results were the other way round to what I expected.



    Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll

    Sponsored content

    Re: England?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu 29 Jun 2017, 11:42 am