a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

West Ham, the nations team

Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10981
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

West Ham, the nations team

Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 2:59 pm

Details of West Ham's deal to move into the Olympic Stadium have been released today, and if it's a level playing field your after you will have to look elsewhere.

They will move into the stadium and pay just £2.5m per year in rent. That is an all-in cost which means that they don't have to pay for policing, for crowd control in fact they don't even have to pay for goal posts or corner flags.

In addition they are only contributing £15m of the £110m cost to convert the stadium for football, the tax payers are footing the bill for the rest.

There, that's fair isn't it. It's just nice that we could help
    Loughborough Ram

Re: West Ham, the nations team

Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:06 pm

forgot to add that the first £4m of any stadium naming rights will go to Newham Council and the London Legacy Development corporation but anything above that will be shared between the two of them AND West Ham. So effectively West Ham will benefit from the naming of a stadium that they do not own, Brilliant!!!!!
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13322
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:25 pm

...... well, at last they get something tangible for winning the World Cup LOL roll

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22913
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 4:44 pm

Clever bastwards

thatguyfromderby

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4250
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by thatguyfromderby on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 7:38 pm

However, it's my understanding they get very little in return for the gate receipts, right?
    LeedsRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : some time when I was three
    Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-07-21

Post by LeedsRam on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 8:29 pm

I think its lovely that I am able to help but I feel I need to do more. I have set up a just giving page so we can all donate more, perhaps to buy them a few more players as well. They are doing us all such a favour aren't they. Heaven knows what might have happened if it wasn't for them. The ramifications of a little used Olympic site really would have been causing a tidal wave of problems across the country. The public of Teeside to wear side, Humberside to Merseyside were crying out for this. Thank god local services in derby have been cut to help poor old west ham out.

I wonder how the Conservative life peer Karen Brady managed to arrange all of this. It seems such a mystery.
    Boris

First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by Boris on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:12 pm

LeedsRam wrote:I think its lovely that I am able to help but I feel I need to do more. I have set up a just giving page so we can all donate more, perhaps to buy them a few more players as well. They are doing us all such a favour aren't they. Heaven knows what might have happened if it wasn't for them. The ramifications of a little used Olympic site really would have been causing a tidal wave of problems across the country. The public of Teeside to wear side, Humberside to Merseyside were crying out for this. Thank god local services in derby have been cut to help poor old west ham out.

I wonder how the Conservative life peer Karen Brady managed to arrange all of this. It seems such a mystery.

All very logical Leeds....Kazza voted for the benefit cuts to fund her team moving to the new stadium...simples COYR
    rayebbram1

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2014-12-02

Post by rayebbram1 on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 9:35 pm

Wasn't it Teresa Jowell - Labour minister under Tony Blair - who insisted that the Olmypic Stadium couldn't be converted into a football stadium and so the design didn't allow for converting the stadium.

Therfore, the cost of this lack of foresight cost the country over £150 million.
    Boris

First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by Boris on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:44 pm

rayebbram1 wrote:Wasn't it Teresa Jowell - Labour minister under Tony Blair - who insisted that the Olmypic Stadium couldn't be converted into a football stadium and so the design didn't allow for converting the stadium.

Therfore, the cost of this lack of foresight cost the country over £150 million.

Nah...I blame Corbyn....
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4295
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 12:05 am

1977 - Fielded illegal player in  Emmanuel Omoyinmi in a league cup match. Similar indiscretions for other teams in the past resulted in expulsion from the competition but West Ham allowed to carry on.  

2007 - Fielded 2 illegal players in Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano in their battle to avoid relegation from the Premiership. Similar indiscretions for the same problem but only for one player from other teams in the past cost a points deduction which would have sent West Ham down. West Ham only suffered a fine. They then sold the players for a massive profit for more than 3 times the amount of the fine. (And stopped in the money maker league at the expense of Sheffield United.)

2015 - Fielded illegal player in Diafra Sakho for a F.A Cup match. Similar indiscretions from other teams in the past resulted in expulsion from the competition. West ham received a £71,000 fine. Their share of the replay left them with a huge profit.

Now - West ham receive a stadium, a backing from the taxpayer, and a virtual guarantee of financial security.

Cheats don't prosper?
    Angus

Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17

Post by Angus on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 8:44 am

SawleyRam wrote:1977 - Fielded illegal player in  Emmanuel Omoyinmi in a league cup match. Similar indiscretions for other teams in the past resulted in expulsion from the competition but West Ham allowed to carry on.  

2007 - Fielded 2 illegal players in Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano in their battle to avoid relegation from the Premiership. Similar indiscretions for the same problem but only for one player from other teams in the past cost a points deduction which would have sent West Ham down. West Ham only suffered a fine. They then sold the players for a massive profit for more than 3 times the amount of the fine. (And stopped in the money maker league at the expense of Sheffield United.)

2015 - Fielded illegal player in Diafra Sakho for a F.A Cup match. Similar indiscretions from other teams in the past resulted in expulsion from the competition. West ham received a £71,000 fine. Their share of the replay left them with a huge profit.

Now - West ham receive a stadium, a backing from the taxpayer, and a virtual guarantee of financial security.

Cheats don't prosper?

West Ham have a lot of fans in the media what happened in 2007 was a disgrace if it had been the other way round little doubt Sheffield United would have been deducted points. On the stadium similar to Man City pretty much they have been given a free stadium the alternative though if no football club moved in was a situation like Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield, which became a costly White Elephant that ended up getting demolished. So on this one the politicians probably are doing the right thing.
    rayebbram1

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2014-12-02

Post by rayebbram1 on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 11:03 am

Boris wrote:
    rayebbram1 wrote:Wasn't it Teresa Jowell - Labour minister under Tony Blair - who insisted that the Olmypic Stadium couldn't be converted into a football stadium and so the design didn't allow for converting the stadium.

Nah...I blame Corbyn....

I suspect Jeremy Corbyn was dead against it and because he is a conviction politician he wouldn't change his mind. Oh wait, am I getting mixed up with the EU referendum!!!
    Barnstaple Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10176
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by Barnstaple Ram on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 12:18 pm

Angus wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:1977 - Fielded illegal player in  Emmanuel Omoyinmi in a league cup match. Similar indiscretions for other teams in the past resulted in expulsion from the competition but West Ham allowed to carry on.  

Cheats don't prosper?

West Ham have a lot of fans in the media what happened in 2007 was a disgrace if it had been the other way round little doubt Sheffield United would have been deducted points. On the stadium similar to Man City pretty much they have been given a free stadium the alternative though if no football club moved in was a situation like Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield, which became a costly White Elephant that ended up getting demolished. So on this one the politicians probably are doing the right thing.

I would rather they had let smaller clubs like Leyton Orient or Brentford use it (providing they were willing) , maybe even ground share with half the rent which would help the clubs financially in that case
    rob

First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 1898
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 1:23 pm

they should be paying ALL running costs and have BOUGHT the stadium - unless the public purse was making a profit by renting it they should be paying full whack

bloody cockeneys
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 2:49 pm

Angus wrote:

Cheats don't prosper?

The essential difference here is that there was no real alternative options with the Etihad, whereas there were several clubs interested in using the Olympic Stadium. With this in mind the LLDC were in a position to drive a much harder bargain and had a duty to do so as they were playing with tax payers money.
    derbygee

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1959
    First ever game : Swansea
    Number of posts : 767
    Registration date : 2015-05-06

Post by derbygee on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 4:19 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:
    Angus wrote:

Cheats don't prosper?

The essential difference here is that there was no real alternative options with the Etihad, whereas there were several clubs interested in using the Olympic Stadium. With this in mind the LLDC were in a position to drive a much harder bargain and had a duty to do so as they were playing with tax payers money.

Don Valley was totally unsuitable for football, the Etihad and the Olympic stadiums were designed to be easily converted (or so I thought). Just to fit enough toilets at the Don Valley stadium would have been a major feat of civil engineering, the existing bogs just couldn't handle several thousand people at once. If anyone went to the Rotherham debacle there a couple of years ago will no doubt remember to take binoculars the next time
    ShardlowSheep

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 3904
    Registration date : 2009-03-27

Post by ShardlowSheep on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 8:11 am

This really winds me up thatjust because they aee in London they get a massive competitive advantage without doing anything to get it.  They should have to pay a fair amount and the tax payers should not be paying for it.
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:15 pm

Watching their game with Leicester it appears that West Ham get to bring their own refs now as well,

Leicester being well and truly cheated this afternoon........by a dodgy ref
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:19 pm

This performance by the ref should be looked into in my opinion. It would be no surprise to hear that he'd received a mysterious brown envelope for this game.
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5116
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:24 pm

Joke of a penalty at the end.

19 West Ham attempts to Leicester's 4, 4 to 1 on target before the pen.

I'm beginning to agree with the brown envelope post above, but not for the same reason after that last penalty.
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:32 pm

Surely that didn't even nearly make up for the one that Vardy should have been given that would have finished the game with another three points for Leicester, rather than them having to scrape a draw.

He should not ref at this level again, he was terrible.
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:40 pm

The anaysis in the sky studio is astounding. The most biased punditry I've ever heard from Thiery Henry, what a c*nt.
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5116
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:58 pm

Henry was perfect IMHO.  The WHU pen was very very soft, but there were two or three blatant similar ones prior to that which Huth and Morgan were specifically warned about.

Vardy's first booking wasn't even a foul, his second was what i would all an "engineered dive" - he played the defender to try to get a penalty.  That always has been and always will be, in my book, cheating.  Second yellow correct.

The Huth/Ogbonna tussle in added time was a penalty, but if the referee is being consistent then he warns Ogbonna, as he did Huth and Morgan, twice, if not three times.

The actual penalty was a joke.

Henry's comments about reputation and United were spot on - I had said to my son minutes after that happened that I was surprised that Leicester weren't playing in red and had United on their badge, that was such an awful decision.
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sun 17 Apr 2016, 4:50 pm

To only highlight Huth and Morgan as fouling at corners is as ludicrous as it is misleading. As a non biased comment, nobody is worse than our very own Jake Buxton at this anti football, accepted crime, but if you give one you have to give all, anything else is bound to be viewed as biased.

The Vardy sending off was ridiculous. In the first half West Ham commited foul after foul seemingly without sanction only for Vardy to be booked for a player falling over him. Thiery Henry was totally disingenuous over the second booking. Every player worth his salt is told to get between the ball and the man which in my opinion was exactly Vardy's intention. I'm sick and tired of pundits pouring over incidents like this week after week, trying to find the merest of brushes in order to justify the players right to throw himself to the ground. On this occassion there was clear contact which resulted in him falling over, so regardless of whether or not you feel Vardy instigated it, it could not possibly be construed as a dive.

We can at least agree that the Leicester penalty was not a penalty, but hopefully this will just emphasise that this ref cannot cope at this level.
    DavesaRam

First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 823
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by DavesaRam on Sun 17 Apr 2016, 5:22 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:Surely that didn't even nearly make up for the one that Vardy should have been given that would have finished the game with another three points for Leicester, rather than them having to scrape a draw.

He should not ref at this level again, he was terrible.

He won't - he will be allocated exclusively to all matches involving Derby County.

Posted from my Android passion for Derby County.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 24 Jun 2017, 2:46 am