A Good Holiday Read

Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5308
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

A Good Holiday Read

Post by Stockport Ram on Sun 17 Apr 2016, 10:49 am

Due to world class forward planning by my good lady wife, we fly to Mexico on the day after the Play off final - initially I thought it was the same day, but no matter, I digress.

The best part of the two week switch off for me is reading as many sporting autobiographies as I can - finding out what made special people "tick".

This year, I've already amazoned a few, and am particularly looking forward to "Endurance: The Extraordinary Life and Times of Emil Zátopek", which is due out this week.

As a tight git, I usually ebay or amazon, and don't mind if they have been out for years, espcially the historical figures so to speak.

Has anyone got any suggestions to add to my list this year please?

Ta very muchly.
    Boris

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Re: A Good Holiday Read

Post by Boris on Sun 17 Apr 2016, 11:13 am

Stockport Ram wrote:Due to world class forward planning by my good lady wife, we fly to Mexico on the day after the Play off final - initially I thought it was the same day, but no matter, I digress.

The best part of the two week switch off for me is reading as many sporting autobiographies as I can - finding out what made special people "tick".

This year, I've already amazoned a few, and am particularly looking forward to   "Endurance: The Extraordinary Life and Times of Emil Zátopek", which is due out this week.

As a tight git, I usually ebay or amazon, and don't mind if they have been out for years, espcially the historical figures so to speak.

Has anyone got any suggestions to add to my list this year please?

Ta very muchly.

As a cricket fan I enjoyed both the Alec Stewart autobiography and the Kevin Pieterson one, both read in the sunshine on holiday....also the John Motson autobiography is really interesting, all good sporting reads....

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 5:09 am