Grappling in the Box

Barnstaple Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10255
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Grappling in the Box

Post by Barnstaple Ram on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:24 pm

We see this all the time from corners and free kicks . Our very own Jake is known to partake

However after the Fester - Wet Spam match yesterday the expert analysis from messers Henry and Heskey was actually comical.

They reviewed a pull by Morgan that was given as a penalty and arm round the neck of a Fester player 5 minutes later that wasn't given.

The two of them actually said that the reason one was given and not the other was that Morgan had previously been warned about it but the Wet Spam player hadn't so was given a second chance.

Surely it shouldn't matter if a player has been warned or not , if he commits a foul it should be punished

All anyone wants is consistency from refs

MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13866
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: Grappling in the Box

Post by MadAmster on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:46 pm

It's been going on for a few years now and players get away with it. Watch at a corner, free kick or long throw..... the defenders are not even looking at the ball........ 'kin ridiculous!
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23111
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:55 pm

Said before years ago in the local leagues had you even touched anyone prior to a free kick or a corner you would have got smacked in the gob.
    Do not know why it suddenly appeared in the game but the refs should be punishing the crime every time until the players and managers get the message to fu**ing stop it.

derbygee

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1959
    First ever game : Swansea
    Number of posts : 767
    Registration date : 2015-05-06

Post by derbygee on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 1:03 pm

Henry Newton once told me he could always stop Jackie Charlton at corners simply by standing on his foot or simply hooking a finger in his shorts waist band. Henry called him "big daft Jack" whenever he got a maunge on Clapping
    Barnstaple Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10255
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by Barnstaple Ram on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 1:48 pm

MadAmster wrote:It's been going on for a few years now and players get away with it. Watch at a corner, free kick or long throw..... the defenders are not even looking at the ball........ 'kin ridiculous!

If you are reffing Ammy do you give each team or defender a warning before giving the penalty?
    Angus

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17

Post by Angus on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 2:34 pm

Barnstaple Ram wrote:We see this all the time from corners and free kicks . Our very own Jake is known to partake

However after the Fester - Wet Spam match yesterday the expert analysis from messers Henry and Heskey was actually comical.

They reviewed a pull by Morgan that was given as a penalty and arm round the neck of a Fester player 5 minutes later that wasn't given.

The two of them actually said that the reason one was given and not the other was that Morgan had previously been warned about it but the Wet Spam player hadn't so was given a second chance.

Surely it shouldn't matter if a player has been warned or not , if he commits a foul it should be punished

All anyone wants is consistency from refs

The ref has to see the offense in a packed penalty area he won't pick everything up, in English football a blind eye is turned to a lot of fouling not just this aspect to keep the game fast, which is the main selling point abroad.

This holding and pulling is rife now at junior level, my son's under 18 team lost a last minute penalty to this 1-0 up in a semi-final, then lost the resultant shoot-out, many were up in arms about it, I hadn't much sympathy, a clear foul and the lad got caught. No point complaining the risk is there everytime you do it as a defender.
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 2:44 pm

Barnstaple Ram wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:It's been going on for a few years now and players get away with it. Watch at a corner, free kick or long throw..... the defenders are not even looking at the ball........ 'kin ridiculous!

If you are reffing Ammy do you give each team or defender a warning before giving the penalty?

Warning? Yes........ I go into both dressing rooms pre game and tell them what I will and will not accept. Do it on the park, you accept the consequences.

None of this, none of that, definitely none of the other and you can call each other all the tw*ts under the sun but the first one to call me one takes an early shower. Understood?
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 2:47 pm

Angus wrote:This holding and pulling is rife now at junior level

Only now Angus? I've seen U8s doing a Ronaldo as far back as 10 years ago. It didn't stop there either, the histrionics were being copied too. Whatever they see on TV will be copied on the park. If the pros do it, so should I is the mantra................... unless that pesky Amster is reffing LOL roll
    old ewe

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 625
    Registration date : 2012-05-20

Post by old ewe on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 3:15 pm

Isn't it that the ref can't penalise because the ball is not in play??
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11225
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 3:17 pm

That's the excuse they hide behind. I've heard Graham Poll offer this up as a reason why the refs 'can't' give a penalty. We all know that this is 100% bullsh*t though don't we.
    derbygee

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1959
    First ever game : Swansea
    Number of posts : 767
    Registration date : 2015-05-06

Post by derbygee on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 3:43 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:That's the excuse they hide behind. I've heard Graham Poll offer this up as a reason why the refs 'can't' give a penalty. We all know that this is 100% bullsh*t though don't we.

easy as soon as it is kicked he blows.

Referees today are totally fishcaking useless! They are a bunch of egotistical morons who revel in the celebrity of it all. Even the fishcaking linesmen try to steal the show with exaggerated flagging. I'm not convinced they try to get it right all the time revelling in the notoriety of critical decisions.

And don't get me started on that twat from Rotherham, Howard Webb, what fishcaking prima donna he is and thank you BT for setting him up as judge jury and executioner. I hope he falls down the fishcaking stairs and breaks his tongue!
    Boris

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by Boris on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 6:17 pm

I have never reffed a proper game of football but I have run the line for my lad's boys team. What I would say is that it aint quite as easy as it looks. I would imagine being a ref is even harder, having to make a split second decision after only seeing an incident once....
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:29 am

I always shudder when they come up with the "the ball isn't in play" card. The point is, ball in or out of play, they should keep their hands to themselves. If they truly believe that then, prior to the ball being played in from corner/free kick/throw in and following their logic, Ogbonna could have chinned Huth and (as far as the ref is concerned but definitely not as Huth is concerned) got away with it as "the ball isn't in play"...................

Think about that Mr Poll. Plus, when Ogbonna threw Huth to the floor, the ball WAS in play.......

I rest my case.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:13 pm