London bias

SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4453
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

London bias

Post by SawleyRam on Wed 20 Apr 2016, 9:18 am

The obvious London bias has risen to the surface yet again with the revelation that Referee Kevin Friend (a Bristol City supporter) had been dropped from Monday night's Spurs vs Stoke match after complaints by Spurs supporters on twatter that he lives in Leicestershire.

So fans have now got the power to change Refs if one don't suit them? Only if your team is London based obviously!

Should we complain if James Adcock was appointed because he lives in Nottingham? Should we complain if Declan Bourne, Ian Dudley, Mark Jones or Steven Meredith ran the line because they live in Nottinghamshire? Or should we complain if Stuart Atwell was appointed for a game just because we don't like him?

I find this all incredible especially after Saturday's derisive refereeing performance vs Leicester!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10247016/referee-kevin-friend-being-dropped-for-tottenham-vs-stoke-has-been-labelled-as-39dangerous39
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13740
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: London bias

Post by MadAmster on Wed 20 Apr 2016, 10:56 am

That rules me out of reffing Derby, Trees, DYS, MUFC for obvious reasons. Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and others for less obvious reasons like I have always enjoyed watching them. Any Midlands team as I come from the Midlands and they could be seen as rivals
    purpleram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by purpleram on Wed 20 Apr 2016, 5:36 pm

A friend of mine refereed Derby - Forest under 18 game many years ago, despite being Derby barmy he tried to referee impartially. Last play of the game, Forest striker burst into Derby's box only to get wiped out by a Derby defender clear and blatant penalty......what's a Ram to do?

Book the dirty Red Dog for diving obviously!!! One nil to Derby final score!
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3691
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 2:04 pm

SawleyRam wrote:
    Or should we complain if Stuart Atwell was appointed for a game just because we don't like him?

We certainly should complain if Atwell was appointed for a Rams game. I'd be happy to see him banned from reffing any football match. Anywhere.

I'll never forget the arrogant, incompetent way he ruined our game with the red dogs all those years ago. At the time I'd have happily throttled him.

RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15797
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 9:51 pm

bramhallram wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    Or should we complain if Stuart Atwell was appointed for a game just because we don't like him?

We certainly should complain if Atwell was appointed for a Rams game. I'd be happy to see him banned from reffing any football match. Anywhere.

I'll never forget the arrogant, incompetent way he ruined our game with the red dogs all those years ago. At the time I'd have happily throttled him.

Too true - and there was a game where he awarded a goal when (if memory serves) the ball hit the side netting.

SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4453
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 10:48 pm

RRC wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:

Too true - and there was a game where he awarded a goal when (if memory serves) the ball hit the side netting.

Spot on Jo, Reading vs Watford 2008

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Oct 2017, 1:07 pm