a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

New Laws

Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10994
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

New Laws

Post by Loughborough Ram on Mon May 09, 2016 6:14 pm

This summers Euros will be the first tournament to use some new laws introduced today. From now on if you make a genuine attempt to win the ball in the penalty area it won't be an automatic red card if you prevent a goal scoring opportunity. That makes it even more difficult for refs in my opinion.

My favourite chang will be penalties. If you stutter in your run up you will reveive a yellow card and it will be an indirect free kick, presumably to the opposition. I love this one but does anybody honestly think that any ref will stop Messi doing it in the Nou Camp or Ronaldo in the Bernabau, not a chance.

One interesting one for the future is that they are talking about giving a penalty goal against players who handball on the line to prevent the ball going in. My prediction is that refs will completely f*ck this one up if it is introduced.
    Mitten State Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : Rams 0 - 2 Norwich, 21/04/1990 BBG
    Number of posts : 636
    Registration date : 2014-05-23

Re: New Laws

Post by Mitten State Ram on Mon May 09, 2016 8:43 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:One interesting one for the future is that they are talking about giving a penalty goal against players who handball on the line to prevent the ball going in. My prediction is that refs will completely f*ck this one up if it is introduced.

Terrible idea. Penalty kick and a red card are sufficient. What's the ref supposed to do when a ball strikes the trailing arm of player desperately defending the goal line but who had not intended to handle it? I hope they don't adopt this.

I don't mind the rule about genuine attempts to play the ball in the box; refs should be using their discretion to apply that principle already, IMO.

"Of all the unimportant things in life, football is by far the most important."

--attributed to Pope John Paul II; said to me many times by my old man.
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13335
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Mon May 09, 2016 11:58 pm

We don't need new rules as long as refs don't enforce the ones we already have....... Goalkeepers at penalties for instance.

The Law says they may not move forwards until the kick is taken but they may move laterally along the goal line. In the past few weeks in the UK, Holland and in the CL and EL I have seen a ruck of penalties saved. The vast majority down to the keeper moving forwards before the kick is taken and nicking 2 or 3 yards, thereby drastically reducing the area the striker of the ball can aim at.

The all-in wrestling at corners etc should be stopped but refs dont do owt about it

Encroaching at free kicks or standing a yard off one so the kick can't be taken quickly, then ambling back at a snail's pace and your place in front of the ball is taken by a teammate.....

I could go on but you get the gist. It is simply more shit for refs to get wrong and inconsistent. FFS it's a hard enough job as it is...........

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 am