Derbyshire's 20 20 Campaign

Boris

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Derbyshire's 20 20 Campaign

Post by Boris on Fri 20 May 2016, 5:04 pm

Begins tomorrow at Champions Lancashire. I actually think for the first time in a long time this competition gives us the best chance of success this season. We won't bowl teams out in the Championship or the 50 over format, but I like the look of the 20 20 team. I would go for:

Durston
    C Hughes
    Rutherford
    Broom
    Madsen
    Neesham
    Thakor
    A Hughes
    Poynton
    Carter
    Cotton
    Boris

Re: Derbyshire's 20 20 Campaign

Post by Boris on Sat 21 May 2016, 6:07 pm

Great start...just beaten them by 9 wickets with over 5 overs to spare....have a good feeling about this celebration
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1860
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Mon 23 May 2016, 4:44 pm

Boris wrote:Great start...just beaten them by 9 wickets with over 5 overs to spare....have a good feeling about this celebration
    Until Boris, we play against some of the worlds best players...i play cricket every saturday and have done for years...about 35 to be precise, and i hardly recognise most of this team.
    Most of the local talent gets in for a few games here and there, then gets released....and we haven't signed any real quality either....so really have no interest ...especially whilst that bloke from Swarkestone is in charge....the more i hear about him, the more i am put off going to watch Derbyshire...
    Boris

Post by Boris on Mon 23 May 2016, 5:25 pm

valakari wrote:
    Boris wrote:Great start...just beaten them by 9 wickets with over 5 overs to spare....have a good feeling about this celebration
    Until Boris, we play against some of the worlds best players...i play cricket every saturday and have done for years...about 35 to be precise, and i hardly recognise most of this team.
    Most of the local talent gets in for a few games here and there, then gets released....and we haven't signed any real quality either....so really have no interest ...especially whilst that bloke from Swarkestone is in charge....the more i hear about him, the more i am put off going to watch Derbyshire...

Agree to disagree Bringing through a lot of young players backed up by some decent experience ie Rutherford and Broom. Nice to see we nearly got 500 in the Championship today but I think the 20 20 gives us best chance of doing well. Would be great to get to finals day.
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1860
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Tue 24 May 2016, 12:59 pm

Yes Boris, but most of these young players dont originate from Derbyshire! The Borrington's,Burgoyne's, Needham's etc don't get a look in...
    Rutherford and Broom i would consider as 'C' listers...at least last season we had a couple of 'names'...Guptill, Tillekaratne Dilshan
    Boris

Post by Boris on Tue 24 May 2016, 3:10 pm

valakari wrote:Yes Boris, but most of these young players dont originate from Derbyshire! The Borrington's,Burgoyne's, Needham's etc don't get a look in...
    Rutherford and Broom i would consider as 'C' listers...at least last season we had a couple of 'names'...Guptill, Tillekaratne Dilshan

The squad is full of promising youngsters from Derby-Cork, Hosein, Slater, Poynton (Burton) or have links through the University/Academy-Tom Taylor, Alex Hughes, Harry White, Will Davies and Ben Cotton (most from nearby Staffs). They have been given a chance. Not sure Borrington or Needham were good enough and I think Burgoyne left for personal reasons.

As for Rutherford, he has been a lot more consistent than Dilshan who could not buy a run. Not quite sure what the problem is Dunno
    Loughborough Ram

Number of posts : 11628
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Tue 24 May 2016, 8:42 pm

Usual Derbyshire turned up this afternoon, a lead of 80 on first innings was thrown away in the second innings. Derbyshire finished the day on 9 for 3 with Goddleman also retired hurt.

They are about as frustrating and disappointing as the football team
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14763
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Tue 24 May 2016, 8:47 pm

It must be the Derby Way Loughie...........

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Aug 2018, 2:16 pm