COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Derbyshire's 20 20 Campaign

    Share
    avatar
    Boris

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Points : 7731
    Age : 52
    Location : Shropshire

    Derbyshire's 20 20 Campaign

    Post by Boris on Fri 20 May 2016, 5:04 pm

    Begins tomorrow at Champions Lancashire. I actually think for the first time in a long time this competition gives us the best chance of success this season. We won't bowl teams out in the Championship or the 50 over format, but I like the look of the 20 20 team. I would go for:

    Durston
    C Hughes
    Rutherford
    Broom
    Madsen
    Neesham
    Thakor
    A Hughes
    Poynton
    Carter
    Cotton
    avatar
    Boris

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Points : 7731
    Age : 52
    Location : Shropshire

    Re: Derbyshire's 20 20 Campaign

    Post by Boris on Sat 21 May 2016, 6:07 pm

    Great start...just beaten them by 9 wickets with over 5 overs to spare....have a good feeling about this celebration
    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1860
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1974
    Age : 51
    Location : Derby

    Re: Derbyshire's 20 20 Campaign

    Post by valakari on Mon 23 May 2016, 4:44 pm

    Boris wrote:Great start...just beaten them by 9 wickets with over 5 overs to spare....have a good feeling about this celebration
    Until Boris, we play against some of the worlds best players...i play cricket every saturday and have done for years...about 35 to be precise, and i hardly recognise most of this team.
    Most of the local talent gets in for a few games here and there, then gets released....and we haven't signed any real quality either....so really have no interest ...especially whilst that bloke from Swarkestone is in charge....the more i hear about him, the more i am put off going to watch Derbyshire...
    avatar
    Boris

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Points : 7731
    Age : 52
    Location : Shropshire

    Re: Derbyshire's 20 20 Campaign

    Post by Boris on Mon 23 May 2016, 5:25 pm

    valakari wrote:
    Boris wrote:Great start...just beaten them by 9 wickets with over 5 overs to spare....have a good feeling about this celebration
    Until Boris, we play against some of the worlds best players...i play cricket every saturday and have done for years...about 35 to be precise, and i hardly recognise most of this team.
    Most of the local talent gets in for a few games here and there, then gets released....and we haven't signed any real quality either....so really have no interest ...especially whilst that bloke from Swarkestone is in charge....the more i hear about him, the more i am put off going to watch Derbyshire...

    Agree to disagree Bringing through a lot of young players backed up by some decent experience ie Rutherford and Broom. Nice to see we nearly got 500 in the Championship today but I think the 20 20 gives us best chance of doing well. Would be great to get to finals day.
    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1860
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1974
    Age : 51
    Location : Derby

    Re: Derbyshire's 20 20 Campaign

    Post by valakari on Tue 24 May 2016, 12:59 pm

    Yes Boris, but most of these young players dont originate from Derbyshire! The Borrington's,Burgoyne's, Needham's etc don't get a look in...
    Rutherford and Broom i would consider as 'C' listers...at least last season we had a couple of 'names'...Guptill, Tillekaratne Dilshan
    avatar
    Boris

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Ipswich 2 Rams 6 1976
    Number of posts : 6707
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Points : 7731
    Age : 52
    Location : Shropshire

    Re: Derbyshire's 20 20 Campaign

    Post by Boris on Tue 24 May 2016, 3:10 pm

    valakari wrote:Yes Boris, but most of these young players dont originate from Derbyshire! The Borrington's,Burgoyne's, Needham's etc don't get a look in...
    Rutherford and Broom i would consider as 'C' listers...at least last season we had a couple of 'names'...Guptill, Tillekaratne Dilshan

    The squad is full of promising youngsters from Derby-Cork, Hosein, Slater, Poynton (Burton) or have links through the University/Academy-Tom Taylor, Alex Hughes, Harry White, Will Davies and Ben Cotton (most from nearby Staffs). They have been given a chance. Not sure Borrington or Needham were good enough and I think Burgoyne left for personal reasons.

    As for Rutherford, he has been a lot more consistent than Dilshan who could not buy a run. Not quite sure what the problem is Dunno
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11628
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 14107
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: Derbyshire's 20 20 Campaign

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Tue 24 May 2016, 8:42 pm

    Usual Derbyshire turned up this afternoon, a lead of 80 on first innings was thrown away in the second innings. Derbyshire finished the day on 9 for 3 with Goddleman also retired hurt.

    They are about as frustrating and disappointing as the football team
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14763
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 16551
    Age : 64
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Derbyshire's 20 20 Campaign

    Post by MadAmster on Tue 24 May 2016, 8:47 pm

    It must be the Derby Way Loughie...........

    Sponsored content

    Re: Derbyshire's 20 20 Campaign

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun 19 Aug 2018, 2:16 pm