New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23026
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Re: Will Roy bottle it

Post by New England Ram on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 12:26 am

Back four and keeper will mess up again I fear.
    Not really had anyone to mark up to now so have looked nice and composed whilst still managing to some how look like they were a accident waiting to happen.
    Once pressured I can see them making a costly turn over that no doubt will end up being the winner.

thatguyfromderby

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4303
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by thatguyfromderby on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:38 am

RRC wrote:
    thatguyfromderby wrote:We've dominated all 3 fixtures so far against ultra defensive teams. I think winning the group and facing up against a 3rd placed team guaranteed more of the same, with the added risk of a gauling counter-attack winner knocking us out.

We MIGHT actually get to play some proper football in the next game. Couple of our bogey teams in there with Sweden and Portugal though!

It's fairly easy to have the lion's share of possession when poor teams sit back and don't challenge
    us in midfield. We've moved the ball around rather slowly and unimaginatively in midfield with almost
    zero penetration, which is why we struggle to score.

Can we can rise to the challenges posed by sides with better quality players and good organization?
    I hope we can but I rather doubt it. There's less of a margin between the teams than I expected but
    I'm afraid we have too little quality and variety in our squad to beat the leading teams.

But we're seeing the exact same problems for the likes of France and Germany (2 teams that are better than us). Both have also struggled to break down the rigid backlines of the less fancied countries and had to settle for 0-0. Better teams will attack us and open up space in which to play.

There is a trend of low scoring games and a large portion of those goals being scored after the 85th minute. This isn't a problem ONLY England are having, it's a problem throughout the tournament. The next rounds will force teams to play, which I think can only benefit us.
    Angus

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17

Post by Angus on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:55 am

Loughborough Ram wrote:Great news though, we don't have to beat all of them to win the competition.

Personally I don't think that anybody has looked convincing enough to scare the other teams. Italy played well against Belgium then less so against Sweden, Spain have been Spain, Germany looked good today but less convincing in their other games, and France will probably grow into the tournament. If you ask me I think that we will improve in the knockout phase when the opposition are forced to try and win against us.

Of Course our manager will do his best to make sure that we don't win but if we can get on a roll we have as much chance as any other team at this stage.

Croatia were great tonight though, outplayed Spain in my opinion.

Not great I don't think, looking at the draw now Hodgson has missed a great opportunity the Welsh have an opportunity to go deep themselves now. Croatia look good to get to the final, some class players.

I don't expect any of the teams England could meet next Monday will throw too many men forward, it could be more of the same. So tactically Hodgson from the limits of the squad he has picked has to find more options of opening these teams up because in spite of what these pundits try and have us believe there haven't been huge amounts of chances in any of the games so far. Again he picks a guy who can't finish in Lallana, who has done nothing to deserve even getting to France. Looks pretty but his impact is negligable playing for a club side who finished 8th, why is he in the team.

About the pundits and the commentators the last game was yet another low in the broadcasting of our national game.Yes; they're under orders to give it large for England. Yes; they need to be positive to promote the product. Yes; they aren't the quickest dags in the kennel but even so.

The myopia. The sheer abandonment of rational thought. The blatant untruths spouted in the name of football.

At one point; Hoddle said 'Llana has had a fantastic game'. His actual words. Real words; spoken by Hoddle. Wright and Dixon blathering on about how many chances were missed, 3 or 4 good ones against Slovakia is nothing to be excited about. At least Bilic at the end gave some perspective of what was needed to be better, he would probably be told off for that.

What would they be like if England really did have any top players.

New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23026
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 10:53 am

Northern Ireland Wales would be fun and my money would be on Northern Ireland putting one over them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 23 Aug 2017, 8:24 pm