SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4298
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Re: England v Iceland

Post by SawleyRam on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:02 am

outsider wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:But still nobody has mentioned the real problem England face in as much too much money in the Premiership buys too many overpriced foreign players who restricts our genuine talent to too little playing time on the pitch and therefore the experience to step up to international level.

A couple of injuries leave our squad well short of talented depth and when youngsters like Sterling and Kane lose form and Rooney has to play the "old wise head" role we have no answer. The manager had rolled his dice at kick off time, there are only three substitutions in a game.

There was nobody out there tonight who had the nous to change a formation/style that was not working against a team that was prepared to run through brick walls to achieve their target.

Well done Iceland, you deserved it tonight. Good luck against the host nation.

England short on talented depth Anger what you think Iceland have Dunno  look at northern Ireland and Wales who have players not good enough to get in to a championship side.

England huffed and puffed and got no where and as game went on you could see panic setting in..... by the way Iceland gave you a goal start.

England has a deep routed problem ,

A republican with a practical view on mainland England eh!

You are right of course Outsider, I along with most En-ger-land supporters think we should win it all and look for flimsy excuses when we inevitably don't. Problems start at the top, but the top has not changed in many a year. Is that where our deep routed problem may lay?
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22920
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 2:18 am

How shit are Wales they lost to England LOL

Beating a dead horse regarding the outside players playing on their off wings ( not just a England thing in this tournament) packed defenses and outside players are cutting in at or before the eighteen yard straight into the massed ranks of defenders.
    Germany and Belgium got key saves from giant keepers at key times we got key blunders at key times.
    It was generally a young team but ffs..Rooney should have been off at half time for Barkley and Rashford on before Vardy.
    We flew for first five minutes then walked the next 85.
    Total embarrassment they are useless wankers.

Rooney had to walk back to the hotel as Hart was unable to save him a seat.

asotrsott

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Derby V Telford Utd 1984
    Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2013-07-05

Post by asotrsott on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 3:36 am

Next Friendly...Whoever, should pick all championship team!!!!.....Couldn't do any worse and put the wind up some of the overpaid premiersh*t tosspots!
    asotrsott

First ever game : Derby V Telford Utd 1984
    Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2013-07-05

Post by asotrsott on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 3:54 am

I can only ever remember Steve Bull from Wolves ever playing for England from the second tier of English Football?....
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13340
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 6:47 am

The point has been made that too few young English players get the chance to play and develop further in the PL because of the huge number of foreign players.

How many English Managers in the PL? Same problem there.

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6178

Post by CornwallRam on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 7:12 am

Does anyone else really struggle to care?

When Derby lose I feel really deflated. Last night I was just watching and thinking how well Iceland had played. I even found myself hoping that England wouldn't score because I wanted to watch Game of Thrones - and I'd never want to watch anything more than a Derby County victory.

Other than Vardy I just don't feel any affiliation or affection to any of the players.

Last edited by CornwallRam on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total
    KeoghKeogh

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2015-12-30

Post by KeoghKeogh on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 7:28 am

I can't help but think that a Brian Robson, Dave Mackay, Billy Bremner, Graeme Souness, Roy Keane, Tony Adams etc would have made a big difference yesterday. Even Skyrtel...

Unless we get Simeone or someone similar to manage the team, we'll need to start to rebuld with a player who can lead these players on the pitch.
    Angus

Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17

Post by Angus on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 8:31 am

So much like watching Derby on a bad day with Thorne and Hughes out of the team. Strange fashions in the game that will hopefully die a death after this. Centre-forwards played as wingers, full-backs who are not dilligent defenders, centre-halfs who panic under pressure and don't lead, players played unfit or out of position and worst of all blatant favouritism.

The constant lack of success of the national team goes a lot deeper than Hodgson and his band of yes men, so much money in the game but wasted. To get a nice lawn the roots have to be strong but English football is light years behind even what Iceland do at junior level, let alone the big boys of Europe. That is where the problem lies facilities and coaching for most are not there and at the end of it the FA get the National team their incompetence deserves. In the end a team mainly of athletes not natural footballers, which is what the system churns out as it is.

As alluded to on here the latest debate will be a winter break and yes top players could do with fewer games and a winter break. Is there any point though, have a 3 week break and the clubs will clear off most of the way round the world chasing more money, which will get wasted on agents and even more foreign players.
    thatguyfromderby

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4253
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by thatguyfromderby on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:15 am

I really don't buy this whole 'English players don't get to play because of the foreigners' nonsense. Every single one of our players on the pitch has played a full season (most of them consistently for the last few years). It's all well and good blaming the foreigners.. but maybe, just maybe the fault is with our own system and the application and effort of the English players coming through.

We've shown ourselves to be a complete and total shambles.
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6178

Post by CornwallRam on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:28 am

I wonder if the problem is that we appoint top club managers for a job which is completely different?

Managers of big clubs tend to deal with problems by bringing new players in. For England that is not an option. Maybe we'd be better of appointing someone who achieves success at a lower level, but on a shoestring? Maybe someone like Karl Robinson?
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3587
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:44 am

Barnstaple Ram wrote:Defence shit
    Midfield shit
    Forwards shit
    Substitutes shit
    Management shit shit shit

Overall shit

Get off the fence, Barney.

outsider

First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 891
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Post by outsider on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:51 am

thatguyfromderby wrote:I really don't buy this whole 'English players don't get to play because of the foreigners' nonsense. Every single one of our players on the pitch has played a full season (most of them consistently for the last few years). It's all well and good blaming the foreigners.. but maybe, just maybe the fault is with our own system and the application and effort of the English players coming through.

We've shown ourselves to be a complete and total shambles.

Agree, most of england play every week, maybe it burn out because kane looked tired from first game. As I said England have a big pool of players compared to other home countries and R.O.I. Look at the, 2 players fro a team that fucked up promotion in last 3 seasons. They went out battling to the hist nation and one of the favourites.

thatguyfromderby

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4253
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by thatguyfromderby on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:07 am

I suspect Iceland may do France too. Everyone underestimates them and last night was arguably their easiest game of the tournament so far.
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3587
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:17 am

Well we certainly saw new depths of incompetence plumbed last night, though nothing about England surprises me these days. I used to think Carlton Palmer was the worst player I'd ever seen in an England shirt, but he just acquired some stiff competition for that title.

Apart from Rashford, every single player should be thoroughly ashamed of such an abysmal performance. They were even worse in the second half than they were in the first, something I didn't think possible. The tempo dropped to walking pace, passes were routinely  misplaced (especially by Rooney the midfield general), there was absolutely no leadership and we hardly managed a shot on target all night.  

The grim truth is that for many, many years we've been a total irrelevance at top international football, and last night merely confirmed it. I watched the Spain v Italy game and it was like watching football from a different planet.

At this rate for the next competition we'll be grouped with Gibraltar, Andorra and the Isle of Man in a special qualifying round.

old ewe

Number of posts : 586
    Registration date : 2012-05-20

Post by old ewe on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:40 am

A lot of the players in other national sides have shared the same long season as our players. Are they too suffering from burn out ??
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 13340

Post by MadAmster on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:44 am

I am particularly glad we didn't have to play either Germany or Italy.

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:11 am

CornwallRam wrote:Does anyone else really struggle to care?

When Derby lose I feel really deflated. Last night I was just watching and thinking how well Iceland had played. I even found myself hoping that England wouldn't score because I wanted to watch Fame of Thrones - and I'd never want to watch anything more than a Derby County victory.

Other than Vardy I just feel any affiliation or affection to any of the players.

I care...I had watched Game of Thrones the night before.
    Where that was brilliant this was shit.
    I care because these tossers represent our country on the biggest stages of football.
    We have to read all about these clowns on a daily basis what they had for dinner when they woke up what time they had a shit.
    They we have to listen to their wise words of wisdom on life via twatter or see their expensive toys and crass lifestyle.

I care because not one of them looked like a leader last night..once they equalized to a player they went into a shell.
    Nobody was spitting blood or was anything close to being animated enough to show it meant anything.

As Leeds said what a shame that Rams fans don't get a chance to show the let downs what they think of them next season.
    Other than a couple they are all tossers....now I'm just watching and waiting for Bale and Ramsey to fu** up.
    Quite possibly my two most despised players in this tournament for running their mouths and looking like a pair of *****.

rob

First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 1901
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:37 pm

they were right about England having no passion or teamwork though weren't they
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:42 pm

rob wrote:they were right about England having no passion or teamwork though weren't they

None of their fu**ing business though..they had enough pride and passion to beat Wales ( the game Wales wanted to really win ) which doesn't say much for Wales.

outsider

Post by outsider on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:50 pm

New England Ram wrote:
    rob wrote:they were right about England having no passion or teamwork though weren't they

None of their fu**ing business though..they had enough pride and passion to beat Wales ( the game Wales wanted to really win ) which doesn't say much for Wales.

Yes wales did want to win , but also wanted to beat russia and slovakia and northern Ireland.... Are classing wales on losing to england only. Or as england only match they won?

If derby players took piss out of forest for losing to a non league team what would you say about that, its banter ffs , if wales failed in group stage don't you think the english iris players wouldn't wind them up pre season .

Think about it this is wales first tournament since 58 , let us have a bit of fun will yer lol
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:35 pm

outsider wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:

Yes wales did want to win , but also wanted to beat russia and slovakia and northern Ireland.... Are classing wales on losing to england only. Or as england only match they won?

If derby players took piss out of forest for losing to a non league team what would you say about that, its banter ffs , if wales failed in group stage don't you think the english iris players wouldn't wind them up pre season .

Think about it this is wales first tournament since 58 , let us have a bit of fun will yer lol

O...I was and am basically pulling for Wales .
    Not for those two ****s though.
    Was and never is any need to be a gobby twat imo.
    Play the games and shut the fu** up ...there's enough shit going on in the world without ignorant fu** footballers running their mouths.
    They should worry about their own team and performance and shut the **** up.
    If as a player you want to big your own team up feel free.
    Have the class to not do it at another teams expense.
    And no O I wouldn't expect it from a Derby player either I would expect them to have more sense and or that the manager would rip their fekin heads off.

Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10994
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 2:02 pm

I celebrated when Wales beat Slovakia but ever since I've wanted them to lose as they became more and more obnoxious. I rooted for both Irish teams as well, in fact I was more animated about the Irish loss to France than I was about last nights game. However all I want now is for Wales to get smashed out of sight in their next game and return to being unlucky losers for the rest of my lifetime.

Even the Scottish are more gracious than the Welsh, what does that say.
    outsider

Post by outsider on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 2:26 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03zq1z7?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_5_live_sports_extra&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=radio_and_music

Waddles view
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 2:49 pm

As i said above..no leaders no grit and while I'm at it I thought the fans were shi* as well.
    Admittedly it must have been a mare to actually watch it in person..and somewhat numbing..
    But England fans were crap last night.

Barnstaple Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10178
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by Barnstaple Ram on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:11 pm

bramhallram wrote:
    Barnstaple Ram wrote:Defence shit
    Midfield shit
    Forwards shit