COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Meanwhile, just down the road...

    Share
    avatar
    Jackal

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 587
    Registration date : 2014-09-08
    Points : 647
    Age : 35
    Location : Worksop

    Meanwhile, just down the road...

    Post by Jackal on Fri 14 Oct 2016, 4:34 pm

    Nottingham Forest fans react as £50 million American takeover nears
    Aiden Cusick @aidencusick7 hours ago
    0 0
    An American consortium is close to buying an 80 per cent stake in Nottingham Forest, according to reports.


    An American consortium, led by former San Diego Padres owner John Jay Moores, is nearing a £50 million takeover of Nottingham Forest, according to the Telegraph.

    Moores is said to be in advanced talks to acquire an 80 per cent stake in the Championship club, with unpopular owner Fawaz Al-Hasawi to retain the remaining 20 per cent.

    Al-Hasawi's relationship with the Forest supporters is at an all-time low, with the sale of star man Oliver Burke to Red Bull Leipzig with no sell-on clause his latest perceived misdemeanour.



    Sporting director Pedro Pereira, who only arrived at the City Ground in July, also quit the club last weekend with a boardroom fallout said to be behind his decision.

    In light of these incidents, a planned protest against Al-Hasawi's ownership was scheduled to go ahead before Friday's Championship fixture at home to Birmingham City.



    And it's fair to say that the timing of the reports - on the eve of that game - has raised suspicions among Forest supporters.
    avatar
    Mitten State Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : Rams 0 - 2 Norwich, 21/04/1990 BBG
    Number of posts : 647
    Registration date : 2014-05-23
    Points : 677
    Location : Michigan

    Re: Meanwhile, just down the road...

    Post by Mitten State Ram on Fri 14 Oct 2016, 5:26 pm

    Let's hope life under a consortium American owners benefits them about as much as did us. I think our American owners got Derby's financial house in order, but nothing more. Hope this lot can't even do that for the Scum.



    "Of all the unimportant things in life, football is by far the most important."

    --attributed to Pope John Paul II; said to me many times by my old man.

      Current date/time is Mon 21 Aug 2017, 12:10 am