COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Share
    avatar
    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14448
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 15865
    Age : 48
    Location : Belper

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by chicken on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 9:03 pm

    ISteve McClaren: "As far as I'm concerned our business is done. It should be a quiet deadline day."

    Great! A 31 year old with an injury, a lightweight DM on loan, an 18 year old 'one for the future', and a striker who plays for another club!  Great work. 

    Oh and a whole bunch of players who don't 'fit' the system.
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10981
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13327
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 9:10 pm

    and a partridge in apear tree
    avatar
    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14448
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 15865
    Age : 48
    Location : Belper

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by chicken on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 9:12 pm

    Loughborough Ram wrote:and a partridge in apear tree
    Can it play up front on its own?
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10981
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13327
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 9:25 pm

    No..........lets sign it
    avatar
    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14448
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 15865
    Age : 48
    Location : Belper

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by chicken on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 9:53 pm

    25k a week at least
    avatar
    old ewe

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 586
    Registration date : 2012-05-20
    Points : 613

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by old ewe on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 10:05 pm

    is it a german partridge cb ?
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15657
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19271

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by RRC on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 11:54 pm

    Wigan's left wing Yanic Wildschut has handed in a transfer request.

    Wigan turned down earlier bids of £4m from Derby and Norwich.

    Sky says Derby are still negotiating with Wigan but are unlikely to meet Wigan's asking price of £6m.



    avatar
    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14448
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 15865
    Age : 48
    Location : Belper

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by chicken on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 11:55 pm

    We will pay £6m because we're stupid!!  Matej Vydra anyone?
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15657
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19271

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by RRC on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 12:14 am

    chicken wrote:We will pay £6m because we're stupid!!  Matej Vydra anyone?

    The club signed Vydra to play under Pearson, who always plays 4-4-2, a system
    which suits Vydra very well, as he showed at Watford.

    The club then replaced Pearce with McClaren, who always plays 4-3-3, a system
    which doesn't suit any striker in our squad, hence the embarassing and futile attempts
    to get Martin back from Fulham.

    I'd be more concerned about the lack of sense in signing Nugent, knowing that he
    isn't likely to fill the hole in McClaren's front three much better than the handful of
    number 10s that we already have. So why didn't we sign a lone striker type, someone
    more like Martin? I expect that Bent will have to soldier on as our centre forward.

    I can see some sense in playing Nugent on the left wing, if he is ever fit to play, in
    which case we don't need Wildschut as well as Russell, Camara, Anya etc.



    avatar
    Mitten State Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : Rams 0 - 2 Norwich, 21/04/1990 BBG
    Number of posts : 636
    Registration date : 2014-05-23
    Points : 665
    Location : Michigan

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by Mitten State Ram on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 4:11 am

    RRC wrote:
    chicken wrote:We will pay £6m because we're stupid!!  Matej Vydra anyone?

    The club signed Vydra to play under Pearson, who always plays 4-4-2, a system
    which suits Vydra very well, as he showed at Watford.

    The club then replaced Pearce with McClaren, who always plays 4-3-3, a system
    which doesn't suit any striker in our squad, hence the embarassing and futile attempts
    to get Martin back from Fulham.

    I'd be more concerned about the lack of sense in signing Nugent, knowing that he
    isn't likely to fill the hole in McClaren's front three much better than the handful of
    number 10s that we already have. So why didn't we sign a lone striker type, someone
    more like Martin? I expect that Bent will have to soldier on as our centre forward.

    I can see some sense in playing Nugent on the left wing, if he is ever fit to play, in
    which case we don't need Wildschut as well as Russell, Camara, Anya etc.

    Not really the place for this, and perhaps it's been discussed enough elsewhere, but I can't see why--especially with the return to health of some actual full-backs--why we can't play with only Ince out wide on one side or the other, and play Vydra inside and off a forward man such as Bent or Nugent. Is it written by the finger of God in tablets of stone that we must have a balanced 4-3-3 formation?



    "Of all the unimportant things in life, football is by far the most important."

    --attributed to Pope John Paul II; said to me many times by my old man.
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10981
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13327
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:49 am

    McLaren seems to think so
    avatar
    bramhallram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3581
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 3803
    Age : 67
    Location : Bramhall

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by bramhallram on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 8:46 am

    Mitten State Ram wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    chicken wrote:We will pay £6m because we're stupid!!  Matej Vydra anyone?

    The club signed Vydra to play under Pearson, who always plays 4-4-2, a system
    which suits Vydra very well, as he showed at Watford.

    The club then replaced Pearce with McClaren, who always plays 4-3-3, a system
    which doesn't suit any striker in our squad, hence the embarassing and futile attempts
    to get Martin back from Fulham.

    I'd be more concerned about the lack of sense in signing Nugent, knowing that he
    isn't likely to fill the hole in McClaren's front three much better than the handful of
    number 10s that we already have. So why didn't we sign a lone striker type, someone
    more like Martin? I expect that Bent will have to soldier on as our centre forward.

    I can see some sense in playing Nugent on the left wing, if he is ever fit to play, in
    which case we don't need Wildschut as well as Russell, Camara, Anya etc.

    Not really the place for this, and perhaps it's been discussed enough elsewhere, but I can't see why--especially with the return to health of some actual full-backs--why we can't play with only Ince out wide on one side or the other, and play Vydra inside and off a forward man such as Bent or Nugent. Is it written by the finger of God in tablets of stone that we must have a balanced 4-3-3 formation?

    Mitten, I seem to remember we tried that idea some years ago. We had Hinton out wide and Hector playing off O'Hare in attack. As I recall, that formation worked quite well.

    I know we haven't got such good players now, but could it be worth a try ?

    .
    avatar
    old ewe

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 586
    Registration date : 2012-05-20
    Points : 613

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by old ewe on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 9:10 am

    Written in SMs brain....................the only way he plays...............and there lies the problem
    avatar
    RoytheRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Southampton-(home) 1965, lost 3-0
    Number of posts : 977
    Registration date : 2009-03-07
    Points : 976
    Age : 62
    Location : Heanor

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by RoytheRam on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 10:44 am

    bramhallram wrote:
    Mitten State Ram wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    chicken wrote:We will pay £6m because we're stupid!!  Matej Vydra anyone?

    The club signed Vydra to play under Pearson, who always plays 4-4-2, a system
    which suits Vydra very well, as he showed at Watford.

    The club then replaced Pearce with McClaren, who always plays 4-3-3, a system
    which doesn't suit any striker in our squad, hence the embarassing and futile attempts
    to get Martin back from Fulham.

    I'd be more concerned about the lack of sense in signing Nugent, knowing that he
    isn't likely to fill the hole in McClaren's front three much better than the handful of
    number 10s that we already have. So why didn't we sign a lone striker type, someone
    more like Martin? I expect that Bent will have to soldier on as our centre forward.

    I can see some sense in playing Nugent on the left wing, if he is ever fit to play, in
    which case we don't need Wildschut as well as Russell, Camara, Anya etc.

    Not really the place for this, and perhaps it's been discussed enough elsewhere, but I can't see why--especially with the return to health of some actual full-backs--why we can't play with only Ince out wide on one side or the other, and play Vydra inside and off a forward man such as Bent or Nugent. Is it written by the finger of God in tablets of stone that we must have a balanced 4-3-3 formation?

    Mitten, I seem to remember we tried that idea some years ago. We had Hinton out wide and Hector playing off O'Hare in attack. As I recall, that formation worked quite well.

    I know we haven't got such good players now, but could it be worth a try ?

    .


    I've been saying the same thing about Vydra more up alongside Bent/Nugent, not on here I must admit because for some reason I haven't been able to log in since before Xmas! Anyway yes when the attacking fullbacks are flying again I think this would be the solution and I reckon it could be very potent, make no mistake Vydra is ahell of a finisher when he's played off another striker!
    avatar
    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14448
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 15865
    Age : 48
    Location : Belper

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by chicken on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 3:52 pm

    RRC wrote:
    chicken wrote:We will pay £6m because we're stupid!!  Matej Vydra anyone?

    The club signed Vydra to play under Pearson, who always plays 4-4-2, a system
    which suits Vydra very well, as he showed at Watford.

    The club then replaced Pearce with McClaren, who always plays 4-3-3, a system
    which doesn't suit any striker in our squad, hence the embarassing and futile attempts
    to get Martin back from Fulham.

    I'd be more concerned about the lack of sense in signing Nugent, knowing that he
    isn't likely to fill the hole in McClaren's front three much better than the handful of
    number 10s that we already have. So why didn't we sign a lone striker type, someone
    more like Martin? I expect that Bent will have to soldier on as our centre forward.

    I can see some sense in playing Nugent on the left wing, if he is ever fit to play, in
    which case we don't need Wildschut as well as Russell, Camara, Anya etc.
    I know all about who bought Vydra and why. I don't need it explaining to me. My point is he was never worth £8+ million in the first place.
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10981
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13327
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 3:55 pm

    Only time will tell. At the moment he isn't but if he starts scoring he could well prove to be worth more than that.
    avatar
    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14448
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 15865
    Age : 48
    Location : Belper

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by chicken on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 3:58 pm

    Loughborough Ram wrote:Only time will tell. At the moment he isn't but if he starts scoring he could well prove to be worth more than that.
    He won't feature enough to score loads of goals. The messiah is going to return for next season so until then we have Nugent and Bent who will be starting over him.
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5116
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 5649
    Age : 51
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:07 pm

    He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.....
    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4295
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 5738
    Age : 69
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by SawleyRam on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:35 pm

    Stockport Ram wrote:He's not the Messiah,  he's a very naughty boy.....

    I bet he can see our house from his lofty perch......
    avatar
    Jackal

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 541
    Registration date : 2014-09-08
    Points : 595
    Age : 35
    Location : Worksop

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by Jackal on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:46 pm

    On the BBC sport website that Wolves have a £1.5 million deal in place to sign Andreas Weimann in the summer. I never heard this mentioned in January when he was loaned out so i assume they have agreed this fee since then.



    Life is really simple. It's just that we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10981
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13327
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 11:44 am

    According to the Mail online we, along with Barnsley are keeping an eye on Lee Gregory from Milwall.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Derby transfer rumours - January 2017

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat 24 Jun 2017, 2:49 am