COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

Never thought I would agree with Dyche.....

MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13542
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Never thought I would agree with Dyche.....

Post by MadAmster on Tue 13 Dec 2016, 12:48 pm

Down the years I have said in several conversations on here that the FA/FL/PL should introduce a ref's panel that either looks at every game on video or looks at certain incidents from games.

They would not have the power to change results or order a replay but they would be empowered to overturn cards, both yellow and red, which are found to have been given incorrectly.

They would also have the power to award cards of both colours to players who "have got away with it".

Within 6 weeks there would be no more diving, no more short pulling etc etc etc

Clean the game up no end AND make the ref's lives easier as there would be less mistakes simply due to less cheating.

This, of course, would also be the perfect way to assess refs. The more errors they make the more they need to learn, maybe in a lower division for a while.

Dyche has said similar, nice that he agrees with me........... http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38299342

Oh David Nugent, Oh David Nugent, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston at the side of the road in a Volkswagen beetle............
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4355
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Re: Never thought I would agree with Dyche.....

Post by SawleyRam on Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:43 pm

MadAmster wrote:Down the years I have said in several conversations on here that the FA/FL/PL should introduce a ref's panel that either looks at every game on video or looks at certain incidents from games.

They would not have the power to change results or order a replay but they would be empowered to overturn cards, both yellow and red, which are found to have been given incorrectly.

They would also have the power to award cards of both colours to players who "have got away with it".

Clean the game up no end AND make the ref's lives easier as there would be less mistakes simply due to less cheating.

This, of course, would also be the perfect way to assess refs. The more errors they make the more they need to learn, maybe in a lower division for a while.

Dyche has said similar, nice that he agrees with me........... http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38299342

It would never catch on 'Ammy, makes too much sense.
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5205
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 13 Dec 2016, 6:37 pm

I'd tweak it a little.

All Prem/EFL games to be assessed by a five man (sorry, person) review panel consisting of 2 retired refs and 3 ex players from the division in question who have been retired for less than 10/15 years.

"Cheating" - ie: diving, penalised by an immediate 3 game ban,  which can be appealed.

I don't care if it was for a penalty or a free kick on the touchline - its cheating.

Appeal to be heard before the second game - If rescinded, the ban is reduced to one game, if upheld then it is increased to five.  Appeals panel from a similar pool of experience, but independent from the  review panel - and no cross over between panels.  

The FA have gallons of cash - they could afford to gainfully employ such a group (say a permanent number of 25 refs and 60 players in each "mutually exclusive" group).

I would prefer that salary fines are a percentage of that players salary enshrined in their contract - the same for everyone - but I expect that is sadly classed as "restrictive practice" - so the FA have the power to fine the player, the team, or both - but a set percentage of the player's monthly salary - the fee can be undisclosed.

I'm sure this can be improved upon, but a half decent prototype IMHO.
    LeedsRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : some time when I was three
    Number of posts : 1352
    Registration date : 2009-07-21

Post by LeedsRam on Tue 13 Dec 2016, 8:13 pm

The thing is Stocky, when you listen to a percentage of ex-pros the phrase 'entitled to go down' is trotted off with alarming regularity. I would take it a step further and deduct 10 points from any team who has a player found to be diving and taking advantage over it. I guarantee that would stop it! Snodgrass would have apologised on Saturday and rolled the mistakenly given penalty back to the keeper with a hearty apology and doff of the cap. The game continues.

Nottingham Forest players found to feign injury by clutching their head as if acid had been poured over it would of course be shot on the pitch at half time as a stern warning to any watching youngsters.

Will the suits in the FA do it - not a chance, they haven't got the balls!
    Angus

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2155
    Registration date : 2012-07-17

Post by Angus on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 9:01 am

MadAmster wrote:Down the years I have said in several conversations on here that the FA/FL/PL should introduce a ref's panel that either looks at every game on video or looks at certain incidents from games.

Always very dangerous judging by TV, speed, distance etc all distorted. Line calls ok any more than that no thanks. Diving most of the time the refs call them wrong because players are so good, especially defenders who chuck themselves to the ground and win free-kicks every time.

There are much bigger things the authorities need to clean up before diving, professional timewasting, feigning injury, constant unpunished fouling. All of which Dyche's Burnley team were very good at last season led by the lovely Barton.

bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3634
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 3:57 pm

LeedsRam wrote:...The thing is Stocky, when you listen to a percentage of ex-pros the phrase 'entitled to go down' is trotted off with alarming regularity...

Sad, but true. If anyone doubts this they only have to listen to Craig Ramage on Radio Derby on a Monday night.

MadAmster

Number of posts : 13542
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 4:41 pm

Angus wrote:

Always very dangerous judging by TV

TV will see things the ref misses like Osborn's simulation. There are fors and againsts on this Angus. However, for me, the thing that says do it is the fact that within 2 months you could scrap the system as the diving etc would have stopped.

If it starts to creep back in you restart the weekly video watches...........

The one thing that cannot be accepted is doing nowt!!

Oh David Nugent, Oh David Nugent, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston at the side of the road in a Volkswagen beetle............

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 19 Aug 2017, 8:11 am