Paul Clement

Jackal

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 647
    Registration date : 2014-09-08

Paul Clement

Post by Jackal on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 11:22 am

Won manager of the month for January with Swansea.
    purpleram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Re: Paul Clement

Post by purpleram on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 4:58 pm

A great achievement, I was never a fan but he's obviously no idiot, hope his private life doesn't cock it up for him as it was rumoured to have done here.
    thatguyfromderby

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4346
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by thatguyfromderby on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 10:02 am

His record with us was actually decent and it always struck me that he was far better equipped for the PL than the Championship. If the rumours aren't true, he deserved far more time to turn it around.
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 13866
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 10:19 am

Prior to the slump he was picking up points by the bucketload........ however, the football was absolutely dire to watch.

As has been documented, when he came Mel told him what was expected. That was good football, challenging for honours, bringing on Academy products. Promotion wasn't the absolute priority. The footbore was dire, he ignored the Academy, results disappeared and then there are the unsubstantiated rumours as well. He was told by Mel on several occasions that he had to follow instructions or else.... he didn't so else happened.

bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3739
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 11:17 am

MadAmster wrote:Prior to the slump he was picking up points by the bucketload........ however, the football was absolutely dire to watch.

As has been documented, when he came Mel told him what was expected. That was good football, challenging for honours, bringing on Academy products. Promotion wasn't the absolute priority. The footbore was dire, he ignored the Academy, results disappeared and then there are the unsubstantiated rumours as well. He was told by Mel on several occasions that he had to follow instructions or else.... he didn't so else happened.

Sounds like Else has got a lot to answer for, whoever she is.

norfolkram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Watney Cup Final
    Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2014-11-19

Post by norfolkram on Sun 12 Feb 2017, 9:40 pm

bramhallram wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:Prior to the slump he was picking up points by the bucketload........ however, the football was absolutely dire to watch.

Sounds like Else has got a lot to answer for, whoever she is.

Another win for Swansea and Clement, maybe not the shmuck some think.
    mcsilks

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2016-08-14

Post by mcsilks on Sun 12 Feb 2017, 10:12 pm

Compare the way he celebrates goal at Swansea to the way he celebrated a goal in his time with us. It seems he has found his home there.
    I'm beginning to think that DCFC has some kind of player/manager curse. Managers and players alike don't seem to be able to perform with any kind of consistency when they don the DCFC colours.

Clement's departure once again made DCFC the laughing stock of football and Clement can now laugh at DCFC and proudly say, 'Look at me now'.
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23111
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:43 am

Swansea far from safe yet..plenty of time for things to turn again.
    But hopefully not for Fester...I could have a bit of Fester and Forest getting relegated LOL

MadAmster

Number of posts : 13866
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 6:25 am

If I recall correctly, Clement was never criticised for the results. Not here, not by Mel. From the season's start we were gathering points like they were going out of fashion. We all loved that. What we didn't like was the tippy tappy backwards and sidewards passing designed to do nothing other than deny the opposition the ball. It worked, however, that resulted in:

1. We were having something like 3 shots a game (exact figure escapes me but it was very low), forunately, enough went in to pick up 3 points on a regular basis. I christened it footbore.
    2. Taking half an hour to advance 5 yards up the pitch gave the oppo sufficient time to organise their defence, making scoring very difficult
    3. Once results turned against us there was no saving grace for PC. A complete lack of entertainment plus poor results could only have one outcome.......

He had been told what was expected. Even when we were top 2 he was being told that he wasn't delivering what he had been told to deliver and what the consequences could be.

What he tried with Derby would have worked if we'd had Messi, Suarez and Neymar..... we had JR, Coldplay and Ince.
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5369
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 6:59 am

MadAmster wrote:If I recall correctly, Clement was never criticised for the results. Not here, not by Mel. From the season's start we were gathering points like they were going out of fashion. We all loved that. What we didn't like was the tippy tappy backwards and sidewards passing designed to do nothing other than deny the opposition the ball. It worked, however, that resulted in:

1. We were having something like 3 shots a game (exact figure escapes me but it was very low), forunately, enough went in to pick up 3 points on a regular basis. I christened it footbore.
    2. Taking half an hour to advance 5 yards up the pitch gave the oppo sufficient time to organise their defence, making scoring very difficult
    3. Once results turned against us there was no saving grace for PC. A complete lack of entertainment plus poor results could only have one outcome.......

He had been told what was expected. Even when we were top 2 he was being told that he wasn't delivering what he had been told to deliver and what the consequences could be.

What he tried with Derby would have worked if we'd had Messi, Suarez and Neymar..... we had JR, Coldplay and Ince.

I can feel a song coming on..... Thumbs up

https://youtu.be/Duj7kZU3FBc

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:12 pm