Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15637
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Pick a team that might beat Burton

Post by RRC on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 11:33 am

Burton are 21st, just two points above the drop zone, and they've lost
    their last 6 matches against teams in the top half of the table. Of course
    we managed to lose to them and failed to score at the Pirelli Stadium in
    August when we were 18th, having scored once in five matches.

Can you think of a way to stop the rot, bearing in mind that Bryson,
    Hughes, Johnson and Russell are all probably carrying injuries?

McClaren says he knows what to do but do you believe him or, like me,
    do you think he just means more of the same?

BTW Burton usually play 3-5-2 or 4-4-2.

chicken
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14403
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Re: Pick a team that might beat Burton

Post by chicken on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 11:57 am

I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.
    chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14403
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 12:01 pm

I don't think the team will beat Burton but this is who I think he'll pick

Carson, Christie,  Keogh, Shackell, Olsson, de Sart, Hughes, Butterfield, Ince, Bent, Camara

This means that Tom Ince will have no room to play because Christie takes up all his space so we will be reliant on the fastest man in France to provide for Bent.

Last edited by chicken on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 13174
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 12:01 pm

At the moment, anybody but us..................

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10901
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 12:16 pm

Brighton
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 1852
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 12:22 pm

Carson
    Ince
    Russell
    Bent
    (this hurts) Keogh

the rest can do one - pick the kids - Lowe at left back - at least develop for next season
    Angus1

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2017-02-15

Post by Angus1 on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 12:41 pm

chicken wrote:I don't think the team will beat Burton but this is who I think he'll pick

Carson, Christie,  Keogh, Shackell, Olsson, de Sart, Hughes, Butterfield, Ince, Bent, Camara

This means that Tom Ince will have no room to play because Christie takes up all his space so we will be reliant on the fastest man in France to provide for Bent.

If he goes back to Christie again it is time to give up, he hasn't been missed, Olsson needs removing as well an awful buy.
    KeoghKeogh

Number of posts : 423
    Registration date : 2015-12-30

Post by KeoghKeogh on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 6:07 pm

Any moderately competent DCFC coach should be able to pick 2 different 11s from our current squad of available players, hand the two team sheets to Clough and tell him that he can pick either team to face.

And Clough's choice should make no difference as either team should be good enough to beat Burton.

So...

Carson, Baird, Keogh, Pearce, Olssen, Hughes, De Sart, Bryson, Ince, Bent, Anya

or

Mitchell, Lowe,Shackell, Johnson, Christie, Elsnik, Butterfield, Russell, Nugent, Vydra, Camara,

and there's also Blackman!

or any 11 players from the squad

It can't have got so bad that SM cant sort out 11 players from the above to beat Burton..
    purpleram

Number of posts : 2963
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by purpleram on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 6:37 pm

KeoghKeogh wrote:[u]Any moderately competent DCFC coach [/u]should be able to pick 2 different 11s from our current squad of available players, hand the two team sheets to Clough and tell him that he can pick either team to face.

And Clough's choice should make no difference as either team should be good enough to beat Burton.

So...

or

Mitchell, Lowe,Shackell, Johnson, Christie, Elsnik, Butterfield, Russell, Nugent, Vydra, Camara,

It can't have got so bad that SM cant sort out 11 players from the above to beat Burton..

And there's the rub, i don't believe we possess a moderately competent coach
    Rams bottom

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2016-10-07

Post by Rams bottom on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 6:55 pm

purpleram wrote:
    KeoghKeogh wrote:[u]Any moderately competent DCFC coach [/u]should be able to pick 2 different 11s from our current squad of available players, hand the two team sheets to Clough and tell him that he can pick either team to face.

So...

or

And there's the rub, i don't believe we possess a moderately competent coach  

Well I don't think we have to worry about anyone else poaching him although I wish they would.
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5028
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 7:04 pm

Angus1 wrote:
    chicken wrote:I don't think the team will beat Burton but this is who I think he'll pick

If he goes back to Christie again it is time to give up, he hasn't been missed, Olsson needs removing as well an awful buy.

Agreed. Full backs need to defend. Lowe is the best fit option at LB. Who'd have thought that Baird should be our first choice right back when the season started?
    Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 7:05 pm

...and I presume I can't pick Manure again, MA ??
    New England Ram
    Admin

First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22869
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 6:00 pm

Went on record pre season that Burton would win one if not two of the fixtures this season.
    The effort on display in the first fixture was late 1970s Rams pathetic best.
    Anything close to that type of display and defeat ( maybe even a draw) and I suspect we will yet again find DCFC in full melt down mode.

MadAmster

Number of posts : 13174
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 9:48 am

...... your question will receive the treatment all rhetorical questions get SR LOL roll

...... did someone speak? Wink

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 11:09 am

MadAmster wrote:...... your question will receive the treatment all rhetorical questions get SR LOL roll

...... did someone speak? Wink

Respect
    bramhallram

First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3531
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 12:45 pm

New England Ram wrote:Went on record pre season that Burton would win one if not two of the fixtures this season.
    Anything close to that type of display and defeat ( maybe even a draw) and I suspect we will yet again find DCFC in full melt down mode.

I agree, NER. Anything less than a win for us will set the alarm bells ringing, and will signal the end of our attempt to finish in the play offs for another season.

Sadly, on current form another embarrassing defeat can't be ruled out.

RRC
    Admin

Post by RRC on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 2:46 pm

bramhallram wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:Went on record pre season that Burton would win one if not two of the fixtures this season.

I agree, NER. Anything less than a win for us will set the alarm bells ringing, and will signal the end of our attempt to finish in the play offs for another season.

Good grief, you're a real optimist, Bram.

Unless ALL of the Wendies, Norwich, Fulham etc. kindly screw up like us, AND SM really
    does know how to put things right, we haven't a cat's chance in hell of the playoffs.

Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 3:04 pm

RRC wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:

Unless ALL of the Wendies, Norwich, Fulham etc. kindly screw up like us, AND SM really
    does know how to put things right, we haven't a cat's chance in hell of the playoffs.

Indeed. They have been ringing very loudly IMHO since Leeds away, a shocking performance.

Did we really ever expect anything else though, when the emperor's new (old) clothes faded?
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 5:06 pm

Fake news....we are in second place really.

bramhallram

First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3531
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 7:58 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:

Indeed. They have been ringing very loudly IMHO since Leeds away, a shocking performance.

Did we really ever expect anything else though, when the emperor's new (old) clothes faded?

Yes, I suppose I was being a bit optimistic, but until it's mathematically impossible for us to make the play offs (in a few weeks time at the current rate) I'll keep hoping for a spectacular upturn in form.

Digressing slightly, I watched the Lincoln game today and they showed what Derby are lacking. They pressed Burnley all over the pitch, never let them settle and showed tremendous determination and self-belief. Every player knew his job, and it was a great team effort.

Their manager obviously knows how to get the best from his squad.

New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 8:57 pm

bramhallram wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:

Yes, I suppose I was being a bit optimistic, but until it's mathematically impossible for us to make the play offs (in a few weeks time at the current rate) I'll keep hoping for a spectacular upturn in form.

Digressing slightly, I watched the Lincoln game today and they showed what Derby are lacking.  They pressed Burnley all over the pitch, never let them settle and showed tremendous determination and self-belief. Every player knew his job, and it was a great team effort.

Still think we have to meat and potato our way out of this league rather than all the fancy a la carte shit that we keep trying.
    Defenders defend ..some big mobile bully you type midfield players with maybe one flair player and two forwards one fast and one a bully.
    And bring back Arthur to manage his team that I just described..lol

RRC
    Admin

Post by RRC on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 9:11 pm

bramhallram wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:

Digressing slightly, I watched the Lincoln game today and they showed what Derby are lacking.  They pressed Burnley all over the pitch, never let them settle and showed tremendous determination and self-belief. Every player knew his job, and it was a great team effort.

Lincoln were wise enough not to play 4-3-3 against a strong 4-4-2 formation and
    fit enough to do the job for 90 minutes plus - they scored the winner on 89 minutes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Apr 2017, 4:54 am