Is sense finally prevailing?

SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4295
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Is sense finally prevailing?

Post by SawleyRam on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 9:00 am

No contract talks for those out of contract 'til the end of the season even for those whose contract ends this term.

Has sense finally come to the fore?

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-no-contract-talks-with-players-until-the-season-is-over/story-30183685-detail/story.html
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5116
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Re: Is sense finally prevailing?

Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 9:49 am

Someone had the foresight to put current squad contract dates on here not too long ago. I'd be grateful if that could be repeated if possible - thanks.

Oh BTW, good news re. above. Keep Baird, consumate professional, cheerio Darren.
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4295
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 11:28 am

Stockport Ram wrote:Someone had the foresight to put current squad contract dates on here not too long ago.  I'd be grateful if that could be repeated if possible - thanks.

Oh BTW,  good news re. above.  Keep Baird, consumate professional, cheerio Darren.

My thoughts exactly Stocky Thumbs up
    Jackal

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 541
    Registration date : 2014-09-08

Post by Jackal on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 11:42 am

Bent has atleast contributed a few goals this season. Which was more than i expected when the season started. I suppose it will depend if he'd be willing to take a significant pay cut. If we release him we then have to sign a replacement, a likely transfer fee and signing-on bonus will be involved. If we can find somebody younger, of commensurate ability and the whole financial package works out cheaper then fair enough, bye-bye Darren, but who?

Life is really simple. It's just that we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15657
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:43 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:Someone had the foresight to put current squad contract dates on here not too long ago.  I'd be grateful if that could be repeated if possible - thanks.

Oh BTW,  good news re. above.  Keep Baird, consumate professional, cheerio Darren.

I put it on some years ago and it's never gone away.

Seek and ye shall find -- have a look on the top left of the front page under 'About the Rams'

I try to keep it up to date but may have missed some renewals.

valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1210
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:47 pm

Jackal wrote:Bent has atleast contributed a few goals this season. Which was more than i expected when the season started. I suppose it will depend if he'd be willing to take a significant pay cut. If we release him we then have to sign a replacement, a likely transfer fee and signing-on bonus will be involved. If we can find somebody younger, of commensurate ability and the whole financial package works out cheaper then fair enough, bye-bye Darren, but who?
    Chris Martin will be back..so we will also now have Vydra and Nugent..but i hope Blackman,Bent,Camara,Butterfield,Olsson, Weimann, Baird,Anya,Russell, all go..doubt we will be able to shift them though (FFP)
    old ewe

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 586
    Registration date : 2012-05-20

Post by old ewe on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:54 pm

Baird and Bent both out of contract at the end of the summer.......along with Christie
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1210
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:57 pm

RRC wrote:

Seek and ye shall find -- have a look on the top left of the front page under 'About the Rams'

RRC, Your contract dates show Bent as having a contract to 2018.
    Christie till 2017.
    According to Radio Derby last night, they both expire 2017, but we have an option to extend both????
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5116
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 1:06 pm

RRC wrote:

Thanks RRC.
    Jackal

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    Number of posts : 541
    Registration date : 2014-09-08

Post by Jackal on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 1:39 pm

valakari wrote:
    Jackal wrote:Bent has atleast contributed a few goals this season. Which was more than i expected when the season started. I suppose it will depend if he'd be willing to take a significant pay cut. If we release him we then have to sign a replacement, a likely transfer fee and signing-on bonus will be involved. If we can find somebody younger, of commensurate ability and the whole financial package works out cheaper then fair enough, bye-bye Darren, but who?
    Chris Martin will be back..so we will also now have Vydra and Nugent..but i hope Blackman,Bent,Camara,Butterfield,Olsson, Weimann, Baird,Anya,Russell, all go..doubt we will be able to shift them though (FFP)
    But who would you like us to sign to replace Bent? We will have Martin and Nugent to play the central striker but i think we'd need a third. Vydra, Russell, Blackman and Weimann have all been tried there and not impressed many.

Life is really simple. It's just that we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15657
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 2:22 pm

valakari wrote:
    RRC wrote:

RRC, Your contract dates show Bent as having a contract to 2018.
    Christie till 2017.
    According to Radio Derby last night, they both expire 2017, but we have an option to extend both????

Thanks, Val - I've changed those.

If anyone spots a mistake in the Contract Dates, please send me a PM with details.

DavesaRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 823
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by DavesaRam on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 9:37 pm

Jackal wrote:
    valakari wrote:
    But who would you like us to sign to replace Bent? We will have Martin and Nugent to play the central striker but i think we'd need a third. Vydra, Russell, Blackman and Weimann have all been tried there and not impressed many.

Actually, the opportunities Vydra has had is out wide, often for a few minutes here or there, plus the odd outing as the lone target man, which he is not. Is it any wonder that he hasn't produced the goods? He has needed a good run in the team in the right position. And oh, look! He's just had two games in a 4-4-2 / 4-2-3-1 and looked OK there - in fact against Preston, he was one of only two or three who actually gave a damm, and played some pretty good footy.

Posted from my Android passion for Derby County.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 24 Jun 2017, 2:44 am