Better than who?
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1211
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Re: Player suggestion thread

Post by valakari on Fri 19 May 2017, 12:10 am

Better than an body we currently have and better than Flint and Hanley..although Hanley would probably compliment Keogh
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5121
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Fri 19 May 2017, 12:52 am

chicken wrote:Derby are in talks with Flint and Hanley atm

Ooh yes please.
    Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Fri 19 May 2017, 12:53 am

valakari wrote:Better than an body we currently have and better than Flint and Hanley..although Hanley would probably compliment Keogh

Indeed.

"Nice haircut Richard....now sit in the reserves whilst I play with Aidan Flynn!"
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10992
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Fri 19 May 2017, 8:43 am

valakari wrote:Better than an body we currently have and better than Flint and Hanley..although Hanley would probably compliment Keogh

I'd be interested to hear how you arrived at that judgement. Personally I would need to see more of both of them to form an opinion but I would suggest that if we were to buy them both, then Gary Rowett probably doesn't agree with you. And that's all that really counts.
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13326
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Fri 19 May 2017, 11:42 am

Stockport Ram wrote:

Indeed.

"Nice haircut Richard....now sit in the reserves whilst I play with Aidan Flynn!"

No arguments from me but............... would they complement one another? Wink

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    valakari

Post by valakari on Fri 19 May 2017, 1:02 pm

Keogh is not the problem. With a decent partner and Forsyth and Wisdom...he would be able to just do his own job. I agree he doesn't need to be captain, but he continues to have been our best defender for years...BTW I have been to virtually all home and away games for years...so unless you have...don't jump on a bandwagon that started at Wembley. Everyone makes mistakes...but not everyone is continually castigated for it.Also with George Thorne back in front of him, the team will look more solid and cohesive.
    chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14453
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Fri 19 May 2017, 7:05 pm

valakari wrote:Keogh is not the problem.  With a decent partner and Forsyth and Wisdom...he would be able to just do his own job. I agree he doesn't need to be captain, but he continues to have been our best defender for years...BTW I have been to virtually all home and away games for years...so unless you have...don't jump on a bandwagon that started at Wembley. Everyone makes mistakes...but not everyone is continually castigated for it.Also with George Thorne back in front of him, the team will look more solid and cohesive.
    So watching Captain Calamity for years makes you an expert on other centre halves does it?  Dunno
    Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Fri 19 May 2017, 8:03 pm

valakari wrote:Keogh is not the problem.  With a decent partner and Forsyth and Wisdom...he would be able to just do his own job. I agree he doesn't need to be captain, but he continues to have been our best defender for years...BTW I have been to virtually all home and away games for years...so unless you have...don't jump on a bandwagon that started at Wembley. Everyone makes mistakes...but not everyone is continually castigated for it.Also with George Thorne back in front of him, the team will look more solid and cohesive.

No it didn't. You can check back on here. I realised that he was a walking disaster area way before the end of the previous season. I've a feeling at least one or two others on here did, too....
    swadieram

Registration date : 2009-04-22

Post by swadieram on Fri 19 May 2017, 10:48 pm

He's a liability ! Never rated him can't wait to see the back of him ! Not a leader. Maybe ok with a better player at the side of him! But please not at derby

We miss the spirit and camaraderie we had when Buxton was there
    valakari

Post by valakari on Sat 20 May 2017, 1:49 am

chicken wrote:
    So watching Captain Calamity for years makes you an expert on other centre halves does it?  Dunno
    Actually it means I've seen all the other championship defenders as well!
    Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Sat 20 May 2017, 7:41 am

valakari wrote:
    chicken wrote:

That's true. There are some worse. There are also an awful lot who are better.
    chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Sat 20 May 2017, 9:40 am

valakari wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    Actually it means you've only seen them once or twice. Is that enough to form the negative opinion on them all as you have? I don't think so.
    valakari

Post by valakari on Sat 20 May 2017, 11:05 am

chicken wrote:
    valakari wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    Actually it means you've only seen them once or twice. Is that enough to form the negative opinion on them all as you have? I don't think so.
    I've seen them once or twice a season.live.and every fishcaking week on tv
    chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Sat 20 May 2017, 12:39 pm

valakari wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    valakari wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    I've seen them once or twice a season.live.and every fishcaking week on tv
    Oh right so you've watched every central defender every week on tv for the full 90 to make an informed decision on them?  Oh how silly of me to doubt you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 26 Jun 2017, 11:39 am