chicken
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14447
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Darren Bent speaks again ...

Post by chicken on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 5:50 pm

After reprimanding the fans for booing a few weeks ago, Darren Bent has now put us right about substitutions ...

He has tweeted
    "So the substitutions are responsible for us conceding a late goal last night, some of these fans never fail to surprise me or make me laugh"

Thanks Darren.
    DavesaRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 823
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Re: Darren Bent speaks again ...

Post by DavesaRam on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 6:29 pm

chicken wrote:After reprimanding the fans for booing a few weeks ago, Darren Bent has now put us right about substitutions ...

He has tweeted
    "So the substitutions are responsible for us conceding a late goal last night, some of these fans never fail to surprise me or make me laugh"

Thanks Darren.

So why did MaCrapatit change the whole flavour of the team from one which was pressing for a 2nd goal to one which was hiding behind the half-way line hoping that Preston didn't notice where the goal was?

We have proven season after season, and manager after manager (excepting the poison dwarf) that we can't defend a 1-0 lead. So why do we keep on doing it? Bang head Bang head Bang head Bang head

Posted from my Android passion for Derby County.
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5116
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 7:13 pm

As I said re. contract renewals: "Cheerio Darren."
    chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 7:30 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:As I said re. contract renewals:  "Cheerio Darren."
    Definitely, looks like he's on his way.
    purpleram

Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by purpleram on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 9:51 pm

chicken wrote:After reprimanding the fans for booing a few weeks ago, Darren Bent has now put us right about substitutions ...

He has tweeted

Thanks Darren.

He should share the joke because I didn't see anyone else laughing!
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3581
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 11:08 pm

chicken wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:As I said re. contract renewals:  "Cheerio Darren."
    Definitely, looks like he's on his way.

If he wants a lift, give me a shout.

MadAmster

Number of posts : 13320
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 6:04 am

Dazza seems to be taking the thought that the substitutions might be the cause of conceding the ball personally. Does he have a point?

It wasn't him or Camara that made the decision to cede midfield to PNE. It also wasn't either of them that decided to stop controlling the ball and playing out from the back and instead lumping it forward in the certain knowledge that it would come straight back to haunt us.

It was also not SM who criticised the lumping tactics after the game. Although the question has to be asked as to why he didn't get that message on to the players the moment they started doing it.

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4293
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 9:24 am

Darren Bent appears to have his bottom lip out after he has been told his contract will not be renewed.

Thank you for your goals Darren but as for the rest of your on-the-pitch work, it has been very ordinary in exchange for extraordinary wages. I just wonder about the cost of each goal to DCFC which might make me laugh (or cry).

I am hopeful that the wages you earned in your DCFC tenure will be put to better use next season.
    Ram78

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1989
    First ever game : vs Arsenal at BBG
    Number of posts : 2287
    Registration date : 2011-01-17

Post by Ram78 on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

No contracts are being discussed, rightly so, until the end of the season, don't think it's a case of bottom lip, he's as frustrated as us and to blame the substitutions is saying he's to blame, which would pee him off.
    And its true what he says about us supporters

Super Rams The quest for premiership continues.............
    purpleram

Post by purpleram on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 12:28 pm

Ram78 wrote:No contracts are being discussed, rightly so, until the end of the season, don't think it's a case of bottom lip, he's as frustrated as us and to blame the substitutions is saying he's to blame, which would pee him off.
    And its true what he says about us supporters

What is it that's true about 'us' supporters.

Not sure anyone was blaming Bent, Camera was the weird one, I didn't boo but get why some did.

The frustration from me at least is with McClaren, oddly I was impressed with how much Bent ran and chased the ball in his cameo.
    chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 6:37 pm

OK, are we now all saying that the shape didn't change after the substitutions? I'm sure people blamed the substitutions and how it was unnecessary at the time. Is it because Darren has got upset that people are not now blaming the substitutions? Please explain.

Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10981
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 7:08 pm

I actually wonder when it became necessary to make all three substitutions in every game regardless of the state of the game. It's not that long ago that managers wouldn't change a thing if the game was going to plan and there were no injuries.

I've said many times that the more we pay modern footballers the less we expect from them and this, in my opinion is another example of this. Are we saying that not only can players not manage to run around for 90 minutes three times a week, now there are many who cannot sustain energy levels high enough to manage 90 minutes in one afternoon or evening, despite the fact that getting fit is all they have to do in between games.

Modern football is sh*t
    LeedsRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : some time when I was three
    Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-07-21

Post by LeedsRam on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 8:47 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:I actually wonder when it became necessary to make all three substitutions in every game regardless of the state of the game. It's not that long ago that managers wouldn't change a thing if the game was going to plan and there were no injuries.

I've said many times that the more we pay modern footballers the less we expect from them and this, in my opinion is another example of this. Are we saying that not only can players not manage to run around for 90 minutes three times a week, now there are many who cannot sustain energy levels high enough to manage 90 minutes in one afternoon or evening, despite the fact that getting fit is all they have to do in between games.

Modern football is sh*t

To be fair they do have lots of shopping to fit in and it can take a lot out of you, walking fully laden with bags full of designer shite. I agree with Bent, it's all the fans fault. I blame myself really for our annual post Christmas decline and I sincerely apologise for picking a weakened team against Leicester. During Tuesday's game, at one point I felt a little bored and I saw this deflate a couple of our players who looked at me in the stands wistfully and mouthed 'well if you can't motivate yourself how do you expect me to?'. I also apologise for only shouting 'push out' about fifteen times on Tuesday and realise that if I had made more of an effort then one of our on the pitch leaders might have been rallied into echoing my cry. Quite frankly it is clear where the problem lies and I fully expect to get moved on to a lower league team during the summer transfer window.
    LeedsRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : some time when I was three
    Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-07-21

Post by LeedsRam on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 8:48 pm

People on twitter do tend to be knobheads however.
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 9:29 pm

chicken wrote:OK, are we now all saying that the shape didn't change after the substitutions? I'm sure people blamed the substitutions and how it was unnecessary at the time.  Is it because Darren has got upset that people are not now blaming the substitutions?  Please explain.

He sees it a him personally being blamed. As I said earlier, it wasn't him that pushed the midfield back 10 yards and got the back 4 to lump it forward rather than play it out of defence and to back off oncoming players.

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    New England Ram
    Admin

First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22912
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 9:33 pm

LeedsRam wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:I actually wonder when it became necessary to make all three substitutions in every game regardless of the state of the game. It's not that long ago that managers wouldn't change a thing if the game was going to plan and there were no injuries.

Modern football is sh*t

To be fair they do have lots of shopping to fit in and it can take a lot out of you, walking fully laden with bags full of designer shite. I agree with Bent, it's all the fans fault. I blame myself really for our annual post Christmas decline and I sincerely apologise for picking a weakened team against Leicester. During Tuesday's game, at one point I felt a little bored and I saw this deflate a couple of our players who looked at me in the stands wistfully and mouthed 'well if you can't motivate yourself how do you expect me to?'. I also apologise for only shouting 'push out' about fifteen times on Tuesday and realise that if I had made more of an effort then one of our on the pitch leaders might have been rallied into echoing my cry. Quite frankly it is clear where the problem lies and I fully expect to get moved on to a lower league team during the summer transfer window.    

Totally agree Loughie can't see why there is a need to actually sub any of the starting eleven unless a game is out of hand one way or another...if it's fewkin working leave well alone...it's bollox that players cannot or are not trusted to play 90 minutes of football on a carpet of a pitch with a balloon of a ball...it's all so fewkin soft.

And Leeds great response and I'm impressed at your willingness to fall on your sword for our crapness...happy days are here again!

Last edited by New England Ram on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total

chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 10:03 pm

LeedsRam wrote:

Modern football is sh*t

Brilliant!
    purpleram

Post by purpleram on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 11:18 pm

chicken wrote:
    LeedsRam wrote:

Modern football is sh*t

Brilliant!

Agreed Brilliant!
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 7:40 am

LeedsRam wrote:

Modern football is sh*t

I am sooooo glad I am not a professional footballer these days. There is absolutely no time, whatsoever, for a round of golf.

rob

First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 1897
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 2:55 pm

too busy at the shops or the bookies - Bent will be too busy with his trainer collection
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3581
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 5:06 pm

rob wrote:too busy at the shops or the bookies - Bent will be too busy with his trainer collection

Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be something vaguely disturbing about a grown man having a collection of over a thousand pairs of trainers.

More money than sense, perhaps ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 23 Jun 2017, 8:05 am