COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Who would

    Share
    avatar
    KeoghKeogh

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2015-12-30
    Points : 525

    Re: Who would

    Post by KeoghKeogh on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:11 pm

    purpleram wrote:
    Angus1 wrote:
    chicken wrote:The rot set in properly when he 'rested' 8 players v Leicester.

    The rot set in because we had a stack of tough away games and we were never likely to get anything from those games. To much defensive weakness and more importantly lack of balance in midfield to cope in away games against the better teams in the league.

    What a crock, you don't get in this shit by losing tough away games, you get in this shit for getting 2 points from 12 against pretty much the bottom four.
    McClaren apologists are defending the indefensible, this squad if inspired and coached properly should be top six.
    He should be gone.

    'kin hell. I 100% agree with you. Things must be bad!
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5123
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 5656
    Age : 51
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: Who would

    Post by Stockport Ram on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:12 pm

    CornwallRam wrote:
    old ewe wrote:So when did the rot set in??   Similar time to last time. But this time not his preoccupation with Newcastle. This time it was the Martin fiasco.  Gave the players the same sapping messages of the rejection of their efforts in favour of something better. And to cap it all HE gets a new contract and inflated pay whilst playing for a rival club and THEY are told that no contract talks will take place until after the end of the season.
    Presumably there will come a prearranged,trigger moment when he can be removed when his last payoff is settled and no further financial commitment is expected.  If not Mel is not the astute businessman when it comes to Football. But then the game is littered with those...................

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25891859

    This was the point that McClaren started to use 'tactics', rather than go gung-ho for the opposition. McClaren is crap at tactics. McClaren has no clue what to do - he didn't know in 2014, but at least he had a squad good enough to mask his defficincies. Now he's being shown up for what he is - a matey coach who gets the players to smile in training.

    It was a turning point, but not this season.

    We panicked in the added time, and abdicated responsibility. Lack of leadership off the field transmits itself onto the field of play.

    Just as he does, when things go wrong.

    He was damaged goods in September 2013, God only knows what he is now.

    I hate myself for this, especially as a West Midlands Ram, but I wish I was a Burton Albion supporter.
    avatar
    KeoghKeogh

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2015-12-30
    Points : 525

    Re: Who would

    Post by KeoghKeogh on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:15 pm

    Angus1 wrote:
    purpleram wrote:
    Angus1 wrote:
    chicken wrote:The rot set in properly when he 'rested' 8 players v Leicester.

    The rot set in because we had a stack of tough away games and we were never likely to get anything from those games. To much defensive weakness and more importantly lack of balance in midfield to cope in away games against the better teams in the league.

    What a crock, you don't get in this shit by losing tough away games, you get in this shit for getting 2 points from 12 against pretty much the bottom four.
    McClaren apologists are defending the indefensible, this squad if inspired and coached properly should be top six.
    He should be gone.

    No way is this squad top 6 material, too many holes, weak in midfield, weak at full back, no decent left winger. Unbalanced, lacking pace and power. Conte or Guardiola wouldn't have got us in the top 6. Mac inherited this near the bottom of the league, overall he has done ok.

    Whether he is the man to restructure the squad is an important debate.

    Totally disagree

    Any competent manager / coach would have got us into, and kept us in the top 6 with this squad. Other than Newcastle's (arguably) ours is the strongest set of individuals in the Championship.
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5123
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 5656
    Age : 51
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: Who would

    Post by Stockport Ram on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:34 pm

    KeoghKeogh wrote:
    Angus1 wrote:
    purpleram wrote:
    Angus1 wrote:
    chicken wrote:The rot set in properly when he 'rested' 8 players v Leicester.

    The rot set in because we had a stack of tough away games and we were never likely to get anything from those games. To much defensive weakness and more importantly lack of balance in midfield to cope in away games against the better teams in the league.

    What a crock, you don't get in this shit by losing tough away games, you get in this shit for getting 2 points from 12 against pretty much the bottom four.
    McClaren apologists are defending the indefensible, this squad if inspired and coached properly should be top six.
    He should be gone.

    No way is this squad top 6 material, too many holes, weak in midfield, weak at full back, no decent left winger. Unbalanced, lacking pace and power. Conte or Guardiola wouldn't have got us in the top 6. Mac inherited this near the bottom of the league, overall he has done ok.

    Whether he is the man to restructure the squad is an important debate.

    Totally disagree

    Any competent manager / coach would have got us into, and kept us in the top 6 with this squad. Other than Newcastle's (arguably) ours is the strongest set of individuals in the Championship.


    Aye. There's the rub.

    Great teams are rarely a group of the best "great" individuals.


    Would Henry Newton be a first choice in a championship winning side? Or Rod Thomas? Or,if we want to take the mickey, Wes Morgan?

    It is, as it always has been, about BLEND.

    Not the best XI players.


    SM has no idea about this. Neither does Wassall, or did Jewell, or Phil Brown. NC and the poisoned dwarf sussed it.
    avatar
    bramhallram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3587
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 3809
    Age : 67
    Location : Bramhall

    Re: Who would

    Post by bramhallram on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:44 am

    Stocky, judging by what he did at Birmingham I'd say Gary Rowett understands that very well.

    Stirring the pot

    .
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5123
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 5656
    Age : 51
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: Who would

    Post by Stockport Ram on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:11 am

    bramhallram wrote:Stocky, judging by what he did at Birmingham I'd say Gary Rowett understands that very well.

    Stirring the pot

    .

    I couldn't agree more, BR. Judging what has happened to Birmingham since he's left pretty much seals the deal.

    Come on Mel, you know you want to...do it before Saturday and give us all a lift.
    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4298
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 5743
    Age : 69
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: Who would

    Post by SawleyRam on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:31 am

    New England Ram wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Not me.

    With a bit of luck they could go down so I'd sooner pile on the misery for them, and worry about our manager down the line.

    Agreed ..if we can raise the pressure on them and increase their chances of relegation let's get em.
    If we are stuck in this division having them out of it would at least mean two less pressure filled games.

    My sentiments exactly NER & Loughie
    avatar
    Barnstaple Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10178
    Registration date : 2009-07-09
    Points : 12002
    Age : 49
    Location : In front of my computer

    Re: Who would

    Post by Barnstaple Ram on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:54 am

    I remember asking a similar question a few seasons ago and the response was the majority on here would never accept defeat to the scum

    Is our situation so bad this time that many would willingly take a defeat
    avatar
    bramhallram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3587
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 3809
    Age : 67
    Location : Bramhall

    Re: Who would

    Post by bramhallram on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:01 pm

    Barnstaple Ram wrote:I remember asking a similar question a few seasons ago and the response was the majority on here would never accept defeat to the scum

    Is our situation so bad this time that many would willingly take a defeat

    Well I wouldn't. When things look a bit bleak (like now) one of the things that keeps my spirits up is the prospect of stuffing Notts Forest.

    Losing to them is too painful to think about.

    .
    avatar
    CornwallRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6178
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 6695
    Age : 49
    Location : Derby

    Re: Who would

    Post by CornwallRam on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:48 pm

    With Forest so precariously position, it would be so nice to beat them and send them into the bottom 3. Yet to do so could give McTwat a stay of execution.

    The perfect solution is to sack him today and welcome in the new manager with a right good tree felling.
    avatar
    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14456
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 15873
    Age : 48
    Location : Belper

    Re: Who would

    Post by chicken on Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:11 pm

    I don't ever want the red dogs to beat us, even if it means McSnake stays for another match. For the record, I think he'll stay either way.
    avatar
    KeoghKeogh

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2015-12-30
    Points : 525

    Re: Who would

    Post by KeoghKeogh on Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:40 pm

    I'm not so sure that he will be staying.
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22920
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27504
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Who would

    Post by New England Ram on Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:52 pm

    The Forest game is a cracker for firings Tufty and the poisoned dwarf both sacked by Forest after a Derby game and didn't Nigel get the boot from Derby after a defeat to Forest?



    avatar
    bramhallram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3587
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 3809
    Age : 67
    Location : Bramhall

    Re: Who would

    Post by bramhallram on Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:15 pm

    chicken wrote:I don't ever want the red dogs to beat us, even if it means McSnake stays for another match. For the record, I think he'll stay either way.

    I think you're right, chicken. Sacking SM was never part of MM's plans and he won't want to do it. He'll be desperate for us to beat the red dogs (or at least not lose to them) to take a bit of the pressure off.

    Of course, if we play like we did against Brighton and lose to the dogs the calls for SM to be sacked may become hard to resist.

    .
    avatar
    KeoghKeogh

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2015-12-30
    Points : 525

    Re: Who would

    Post by KeoghKeogh on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:28 pm

    as per..

    KeoghKeogh wrote:I'm not so sure that he will be staying.
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13340
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 14885
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Who would

    Post by MadAmster on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:00 pm

    bramhallram wrote:
    chicken wrote:I don't ever want the red dogs to beat us, even if it means McSnake stays for another match. For the record, I think he'll stay either way.

    I think you're right, chicken. Sacking SM was never part of MM's plans and he won't want to do it. He'll be desperate for us to beat the red dogs (or at least not lose to them) to take a bit of the pressure off.

    Of course, if we play like we did against Brighton and lose to the dogs the calls for SM to be sacked may become hard to resist.

    .

    It's been done!

    The King is dead. Long live the King



    Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22920
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27504
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Who would

    Post by New England Ram on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:14 pm

    Dead and void thread



    avatar
    ShardlowSheep

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 3904
    Registration date : 2009-03-27
    Points : 4056
    Age : 38
    Location : Kilburn (I have moved from Shardlow)

    Re: Who would

    Post by ShardlowSheep on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:18 pm

    doesn't matter now but I would never want Derby to lose to Forest. (although when it was Gregory I did feel a bit different)
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13340
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 14885
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Who would

    Post by MadAmster on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:11 am

    All a bit academic now.



    Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll

    Sponsored content

    Re: Who would

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:04 pm