COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

Who to put this club back on it's feet on the pitch?

RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15657
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Re: Who to put this club back on it's feet on the pitch?

Post by RRC on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 10:45 pm

Angus1 wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    Angus1 wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    Angus1 wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Angus, what does Rush do wrong exactly. I know people aren't keen on him but without any knowledge of the inner workings of the club it's hard for me to grasp the fact that he is the one to blame.

I think his record on and off the pitch say it all, most if not all these expensive failing transfers come from his inside track from the agency he used to work for, this will lead to very bleak looking accounts and the nightmare revisited of expensive players on long contracts we can't get rid of, without paying a lump of their wages playing for another club.

Ultimate bad management and it comes from Rush not the team managers who had little or nothing to do with these deals.

Top and bottom of it Rush is not really a football man but a Rugby guy, that is the Sport he understands best. Add to that he has an ego the size of a house that rubs others up the wrong way and is very much involved in the nepotism and cronyism that's runs through this club. Wassall's son who failed to make the grade as a player has been found roles both as a coach and on Rush's Wesserman Group, it really doesn't seem right.

I don't know where you are coming from Angus if you think the managers had nothing to do with the deals,it is they who suggest them to the acquisition team.
    It is then the team (lead by Rush who knows the budget to work to) who sort out fees, wages and contracts with the other clubs and players agents.

The Managers at Derby have always had their say on who signs for them.

That is not the information I have been given. The manager might indicate what he wants but Rush does the deals 100% and what bad value they have been, almost without exception.

Angus, you never miss a chance to slag off Rush but it's all a bit thin on detail.

How does Rush compare with Tom Glick, Adam Pearson and Murdo Mackay for example? (He seems much better imho)

Are you sure that you are up to date with transfer market fees? (I don't think many fans are)

Is the club in trouble with FFP? (It doesn't seem so)

So please could you explain what exactly Rush is doing wrong?

The detail is the performance on the pitch and the folly of most of the signings Rush committed too last season will be seen in the accounts that will have to be published by the end of this month.

I am confident in predicting these figures will demonstrate we will start to have trouble with FFP. Big wages, long contracts on mainly opportunist signings from Championship clubs, of players on a purple patch, it was Rush not the managers who committed the club to these huge deals that will cost the club a fortune.

The names you list are not great I would probably put Rush in the same fail bracket as Glick and Pearson, Mackay got some decent players in without huge cost, that certainly can't really be said of Rush and his deals. 6 million and 30k a week for Bradley Johnson utter stupidity.

Angus, please correct me if I've misread your posts but, in essence, this is what you're saying -

1. The coach says what kind of player he wants - no names, just a general idea.

2. Rush selects a player that he thinks will fit the bill and goes ahead with the deal
      without consulting the coach or Mel Morris and regardless of the cost.

3. Rush alone has got the club into serious trouble with FFP and this will become clear any day now.

4. Mel Morris has no say in what Rush does - he just coughs up the cash and hopes for the best.

5. You don't mention other important aspects of Rush's job, like getting valuable sponsorships,
      the management of the club's staff and operations, working with the owner, and so on.

Where is the evidence to support what you post and how come nobody else knows about it?
    Is Mel Morris in the dark about it too?

Angus1

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 54
    Registration date : 2017-02-15

Post by Angus1 on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 8:22 am

RRC wrote:
    Angus1 wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    Angus1 wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    Angus1 wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Angus, what does Rush do wrong exactly. I know people aren't keen on him but without any knowledge of the inner workings of the club it's hard for me to grasp the fact that he is the one to blame.

I think his record on and off the pitch say it all, most if not all these expensive failing transfers come from his inside track from the agency he used to work for, this will lead to very bleak looking accounts and the nightmare revisited of expensive players on long contracts we can't get rid of, without paying a lump of their wages playing for another club.

Ultimate bad management and it comes from Rush not the team managers who had little or nothing to do with these deals.

Top and bottom of it Rush is not really a football man but a Rugby guy, that is the Sport he understands best. Add to that he has an ego the size of a house that rubs others up the wrong way and is very much involved in the nepotism and cronyism that's runs through this club. Wassall's son who failed to make the grade as a player has been found roles both as a coach and on Rush's Wesserman Group, it really doesn't seem right.

I don't know where you are coming from Angus if you think the managers had nothing to do with the deals,it is they who suggest them to the acquisition team.
    It is then the team (lead by Rush who knows the budget to work to) who sort out fees, wages and contracts with the other clubs and players agents.

The Managers at Derby have always had their say on who signs for them.

That is not the information I have been given. The manager might indicate what he wants but Rush does the deals 100% and what bad value they have been, almost without exception.

Angus, you never miss a chance to slag off Rush but it's all a bit thin on detail.

How does Rush compare with Tom Glick, Adam Pearson and Murdo Mackay for example? (He seems much better imho)

Are you sure that you are up to date with transfer market fees? (I don't think many fans are)

Is the club in trouble with FFP? (It doesn't seem so)

So please could you explain what exactly Rush is doing wrong?

The detail is the performance on the pitch and the folly of most of the signings Rush committed too last season will be seen in the accounts that will have to be published by the end of this month.

I am confident in predicting these figures will demonstrate we will start to have trouble with FFP. Big wages, long contracts on mainly opportunist signings from Championship clubs, of players on a purple patch, it was Rush not the managers who committed the club to these huge deals that will cost the club a fortune.

The names you list are not great I would probably put Rush in the same fail bracket as Glick and Pearson, Mackay got some decent players in without huge cost, that certainly can't really be said of Rush and his deals. 6 million and 30k a week for Bradley Johnson utter stupidity.

Angus, please correct me if I've misread your posts but, in essence, this is what you're saying -

1. The coach says what kind of player he wants - no names, just a general idea.

2. Rush selects a player that he thinks will fit the bill and goes ahead with the deal
      without consulting the coach or Mel Morris and regardless of the cost.

3. Rush alone has got the club into serious trouble with FFP and this will become clear any day now.

4. Mel Morris has no say in what Rush does - he just coughs up the cash and hopes for the best.

5. You don't mention other important aspects of Rush's job, like getting valuable sponsorships,
      the management of the club's staff and operations, working with the owner, and so on.

Where is the evidence to support what you post and how come nobody else knows about it?
    Is Mel Morris in the dark about it too?

The coach will say what he wants, he may or not give names, Rush sources the players available exclusively through his mates at the Wesserman agency, he is either unwilling or unable to go anywhere else. So far these deals have been an utter disaster, of which the scale you will find before the 31st of this month, RECORD losses will be posted. He has certainly failed to get players in the managers wanted, both Pearson and MaClaren wanted proven midfield players and didn't get them.

Of course Morris has the final responsibility, he has inexplicably kept Rush on and that possibly has been the biggest of his many errors. The income doesn't pay the bills, without Morris putting his hand in his pocket it is a failing business.

One thing is certain in any business, nobody will fund it for ever. The last lot got fed up and so will Morris at some point, Rush and his Wesserman deals have taken us massively backwards. Pickering failed with his first batch of expensive players but sold most of them on for a good profit eventually, that won't happen with this lot.
    Barnstaple Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10176
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by Barnstaple Ram on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 12:29 pm

Angus1 wrote:both Pearson and MaClaren wanted proven midfield players and didn't get them.

And you know this because they both rang you and told you? or are you invited to any meetings they have with Rush
    Angus1

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 54
    Registration date : 2017-02-15

Post by Angus1 on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 1:04 pm

Barnstaple Ram wrote:
    Angus1 wrote:both Pearson and MaClaren wanted proven midfield players and didn't get them.

And you know this because they both rang you and told you? or are you invited to any meetings they have with Rush

Not quite but I am quite confident my info is valid, whether you choose to believe that is your call but to be honest losing Thorne and Hendrick it is glaringly obvious any manager would want to replace that. That didn't happen and that is why we are mid table, unbalanced midfield which no longer controls or dominates games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 24 Jun 2017, 2:51 am