Total Votes: 7
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4293
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Come On You Rams MOTM Vs Anybody

Post by SawleyRam on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:24 am

Vote for your Come On You Rams MOTM Vs Anybody (Manager Of The Match) (All within the last 9 years)
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13320
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: Come On You Rams MOTM Vs Anybody

Post by MadAmster on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 8:09 am

For taking a club going just one way, and that was down, rebuilding from top to bottom and getting all the ingredients in place but not, seemingly, capable of getting them in the right order.

I still think that his failure was being unable to get out of the siege mentality he had rightly chosen to get the first part of the job done. He was stuck in a rut he couldn't get out of.

Hindsight has NC above the rest IMO.

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    SawleyRam

Post by SawleyRam on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 9:24 am

Has to be David Lowe, he is the only one on the list with a 100% win record! Confused
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5116
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 9:56 pm

The Clough haters will vote for Lowe, but there is only one deserved winner here, as MA said.
    SawleyRam

Post by SawleyRam on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 10:48 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:The Clough haters will vote for Lowe, but there is only one deserved winner here, as MA said.

I voted for Lowe but I am certainly not a Clough hater Stocky. Anger
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15657
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:00 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:The Clough haters will vote for Lowe, but there is only one deserved winner here, as MA said.

I don't hate anyone but I do think that Clough stopped making progress in the last season
    and a bit - at best we were treading water. His best season imho was 2011-12 and he
    deserves a lot of credit for getting the club that far from the mess he inherited.

You said in another post that he had assembled a good team with quality players, which
    begs the question. Why did the improvement stop under Clough and then increase so much
    and so rapidly under McClaren in 2013-14? Clough had reached the limit of his abilities.

Clough is showing with Burton that his strength is getting the best from limited resouces.
    So far there's nothing to suggest that he could do well with more cash. Pursuing Sammon
    for two seasons, paying a ridiculous fee for him, and his frequent taking against players
    are a clues to his being inflexible and a bit obsessive, not desirable qualities in a manager.

In my view the main reason for his sacking was his refusal to accept the board's plans for
    restructuring, including a director of football. A tail that tries to wag the dog can't last long.

Last edited by RRC on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 6:57 am; edited 2 times in total

Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5116
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 6:44 am

RRC wrote:

I don't hate anyone but I do think that Clough stopped making progress in the last season
    and a bit - at best we were treading water.  His best season imho was 2011-12 and he
    deserves a lot of credit for getting the club that far from the mess he inherited.

You said in another post that he had assembled a good team with quality players, which
    begs the question. Why did the improvement stop under Clough and then increase so much
    and so rapidly under McClaren in 2013-14? Clough had reached the limit of his abilities.

Clough is showing with Burton that his strength is getting the best from limited resouces.
    So far there's nothing to suggest that he could do well with more cash. Pursuing Sammon
    for two seasons, paying a ridiculous fee for him, and his frequent taking against players
    are a clues to his being inflexible and a bit obsessive, not desirable qualities in a manager.

In my view the main reason for his sacking was his refusal to accept the board's plans for
    restructuring, including a director of football. A tail that tries to wag the dog can't last long.

Good grief RRC and Mr Sawley Ram,  that cetainly wasn't aimed at you two- sincere apologies if you thought it was.

You are two of a number of paradigms of considered and eloquent posters on here, which is what makes it the best Rams forum around.

You are correct in what you say above RRC, although the highlighted bit was inherited, so has its merits.  Its just a shame he didn't inherit all of his Dad's innate ability.

I would also argue that he did get it right, as away performances had already shown in the sacking season. The home defeats were all against top 7 teams (two promoted) by the end of September. That, as they say, is pure conjcture though - we will never know.
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 1897
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 4:23 pm

Clough by far from that sorry bunch McClowns success was totally soured by his ego, lack of honesty and ultimate failure from real positions of strength.

Worst Pearson by a country mile as expectations were high

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 23 Jun 2017, 8:04 am